Zebra 3/Hive schedule?

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Hive 2 Zebra

Now that Twangström is about to be officially unleashed (I just bought it :) ) I wondered if there was a particular order of updates/releases planned for 2019? An order - not a schedule, to be clear. I know things take time and I'm happy for Zebra 3 to take many more months given how exciting it's likely to be.

That said, I'm working on a couple of things this year that the new u-he stuff could be fantastic for, and I'm interested to know if there's any possibility Hive 2.0 or Zebra 3 will be out in time for me to use them!

Urs said he was trying to do Hive 2.0 by March/April here.
I am hoping for a Bazille update after Hive 2.0, even if just to update with the new Browser.
Zebra3, I don't think even he knows when :)
rsp
sound sculptist

We have a meeting about that next week as one of our devs is currently in bed with a flu.

You can definitely expect Hive 2.0 before anything else (March/April). NKS support is pretty much ready for it, and a new UI is in the works. Still todo: Some fixes and enhancements which are required for Z3 anyway. It's also a field test for "how do we deal with paid upgrades?". Then we have (small) updates to Bazille and ACE (new browser). These don't require much developer time, so they happen as they go.

Sascha (head developer of Twangström, Presswerk and Satin) is supposed to take over Uhbik development. But we also need him to add some of the drum stuff he did to Z3. He also just pointed out to me that another new product is near ready for release. So that's where we have to figure out what we want/need/can do.

I'm trying to steer all resources to Z3, but there is always an important bug fix (usually after OS updates) or an important new feature (MIDI Learn in VST3, yay!) that gets in the way.

Urs wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:55 pm We have a meeting about that next week as one of our devs is currently in bed with a flu.

You can definitely expect Hive 2.0 before anything else (March/April). NKS support is pretty much ready for it, and a new UI is in the works. Still todo: Some fixes and enhancements which are required for Z3 anyway. It's also a field test for "how do we deal with paid upgrades?". Then we have (small) updates to Bazille and ACE (new browser). These don't require much developer time, so they happen as they go.

Sascha (head developer of Twangström, Presswerk and Satin) is supposed to take over Uhbik development. But we also need him to add some of the drum stuff he did to Z3. He also just pointed out to me that another new product is near ready for release. So that's where we have to figure out what we want/need/can do.

I'm trying to steer all resources to Z3, but there is always an important bug fix (usually after OS updates) or an important new feature (MIDI Learn in VST3, yay!) that gets in the way.
Thanks.
You are always so open with information. I would hate to be a competitor :).
Like I said elsewhere, as much as I am waiting for Z3..... I am looking forward to and fully understand the need for new products.
rsp
sound sculptist

Thanks Urs - it's nice to hear what the vague plan is, and happy to hear there's a good focus on Zebra 3. Twangström and Hive 1.2 are keeping me busy for now though...

I hope your dev gets better soon! :)

wilx wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:08 pm .....
I hope your dev gets better soon! :)
Indeed.
rsp
sound sculptist

Urs wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:55 pmSascha (head developer of Twangström, Presswerk and Satin) is supposed to take over Uhbik development.
ALL MY YES! :)

Urs wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:55 pmHe also just pointed out to me that another new product is near ready for release.
:shock: :wheee:
:hyper: M O N O S Y N T H S F O R E V E R :hyper:

Sounds exciting :tu:

spunkmuffin wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:58 pm
Urs wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:55 pmHe also just pointed out to me that another new product is near ready for release.
I guess Civilization? Really looking forward to it :)

flocked wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:05 pm
spunkmuffin wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:58 pm
I guess Civilization? Really looking forward to it :)
No that's almost completely decoupled from plug-in projects. The (software) dev brooding over it has done the Repro-1 sequencer among other things, he might contribute to Z3 after CVz, but he's not strictly involved in time consuming DSP stuff.

And also, we trademarked our next module already, hence...

Or the VA drum synth? The pictures of that looked pretty complete last year from the GUI at least?
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live+PUSH 3 Standalone, Reason, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

If it makes any difference, while I'd use MIDI Learn in VST3, and look forward to it, I'd much rather see resources go into Z3 even if that means MIDI Learn sitting on the Todo list until next year. Just my two cents.

SLiC wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:20 pm Or the VA drum synth? The pictures of that looked pretty complete last year from the GUI at least?
That one's not happening any time soon.

SLiC wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:20 pm Or the VA drum synth? The pictures of that looked pretty complete last year from the GUI at least?
It isn't really a VA (virtual analog) but physical modelling synth (physical characteristics/behaviours modelled digitally). :)

Urs commented on this project a few days ago:
Urs wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 5:04 am Well, sorry, but that project was put on hold for a while... the reasons are complex, but could be summed up by "in order to hold ground against samples, it would have munched more CPU than current computers offer".

However, the building blocks we have may mix well with Zebra's synthesis concept. Just saying.
If you are interested in physical modelling drum synths, you might want to check out AAS Chromaphone 2 in the meantime :)

Return to “u-he”