"Eclipse" skin & soundset for Hive

Official support for: u-he.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Hive 2

epiphaneia wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:45 pm I like the new layout and the overall aesthetic of the Eclipse skin a lot better than Hive´s original look, I just wish the colour scheme was a bit more like Aiko´s (darker top 2/3rds, brighter bottom 1/3rd ie the fx/sq/xy panels, maybe even a 3-colour-stripe-scheme?).
There are so many possibilities that I actually still cannot decide :?
But anyway I'll add white background as alternatives.
ImageMONA, the new skin for DIVA is released! | Follow me on Twitter.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:10 am Hi Plugmon, hope you don't mind some small workflow suggestions. Just a few things that I think would either improve ease of use or speed up the workflow. Not sure what's possible via skinning either, so no idea if some of this is even feasible.

1. Previous/Next buttons for waveform selections. It took a second to figure out how to move out of the Wavetable Oscillator. Would be nice if in addition to the dropdown menu, there was a set of previous/next buttons on other side of the Wavetable Osc. This would be in addition to the dropdown menu. Would just make it a little more obvious and offer another option. Particularly if clicking the forward button from the Wavetable osc would cycle back to the sine waveform at the start of the list.

2. If an effect is inactive, would be nice if clicking on the effect name could activate it (and vice versa), or maybe have on/off toggle switches. Just saves some mouse motion and improves workflow.

3. Some way to "Bypass FX" from the preset browser. Was thinking maybe putting the Effect Bypass in the main header, but if the preset browser is open, clicking in that header closes the browser, so maybe a Bypass FX button in the browser itself? If possible that'd be a nice option to help audition presets with fewer effects.

4. Filter Input Gain and Vibrato link...thought they were broken. Was thinking this was a button. Didn't realize I had to click and drag up or down to make these work. Was thinking about how to fix that and thought, "up/down arrows." Maybe right above/bekiw each link icon have a set of up/down arrows that indicates to the user they should click and drag in this hot zone. Now that I know about it, not a big deal, but would've helped me figure that feature out more quickly.
Suggestions are always welcome :tu:
For (1) & (2), it's not technically possible. I myself wish those features!
(3) is quite important suggestion! You're right. I'll add it.

(4), that's why there's a user guide... Another one or two things you still haven't realized might be written in the manual as well.
But I basically agree with you, the arrows could be a good idea. I'll try that.

Nice work!
I never use 3rd party skins for anything, but this was actually interesting and might give the user another work flow.

Lending my support for FBE's no.3 suggestion!
Always Read the Manual!

I just wanted to post again about this skin, really has made Hive my go to synth now, it is so much better workflow wise, a true must-have.
U-he adding Wavetables and this skin, man, amazing stuff, it is so weird how a different layout just helps so much.
I am trying to figure out why with the default skin I was so inclined to just making pads!
But then a strange fear gripped me
and I just couldn't ask....

Happy customer here! :tu: Eclipse is not just a skin - it's a massive improvement for the workflow. Plugmon has such a great sense for ux-design and worklow :clap: :clap: :clap: u-he should license this skin for the upcoming version 2

Best skin (or shall I say overhaul) of a synth you've made so far.
Very tasteful and easy on the eyes.

Will there be a Hive 2 compatible version of this, you think?

loungepanda wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:14 am Will there be a Hive 2 compatible version of this, you think?
Maybe not exactly but something along similar lines is likely. In the main Hive 2 thread in the Instruments sub, Urs hinted at having already approached plugmon for an alternative. He said something like "maybe we have already asked him :oops: ". plugmon probably cannot confirm either way due to NDA terms.
Always Read the Manual!

he can, if he isnt doing it, he wont be under an NDA

Whatever will happen, I'll update the Eclipse skin.
But whether new elements can be put in this skin beautifully remains to be seen. Maybe the whole GUI size has to be bigger to put Function Generators and the Shape Sequencer.

AnX wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 12:14 pm he can, if he isnt doing it, he wont be under an NDA
Of course :dog: :hihi:
Always Read the Manual!

plugmon wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 12:52 pm Whatever will happen, I'll update the Eclipse skin.
But whether new elements can be put in this skin beautifully remains to be seen. Maybe the whole GUI size has to be bigger to put Function Generators and the Shape Sequencer.
That's great to hear. I do hope you get the gig though :D
Always Read the Manual!

The good thing, if he works for u-he, we'll have 2 plugmon skins to chose. If not, he'll update anyway, no matter if the size gets bigger :)

Return to “u-he”