Hive 1.2 - free update - adds wavetables and more

Official support for: u-he.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Hive 2

Breach The Sky wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:41 amI'll be honest tough, if I didn't know the gui was going to be remade I wouldn't have bought it. The spaceship/gaming computer from 2009 aesthetic is a bit silly, sorry ;)
Hehehe, yeah, we'll fix that.
I look forward to see how you streamline the workflow and all the new features in to it. Can we have a sneak peek tomorrow when the sale is over, pretty please? :)
There's a good chance we can post a partial screenshot... We've seen great progress in the Osc/Filter section. The rest still looks a bit raw. Nothing is set in stone though.

I don't think Hive's current UI has a silly aesthetic. It's actually extremely easy to work with because of the mostly symmetric layout.

EvilDragon wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:32 am I don't think Hive's current UI has a silly aesthetic. It's actually extremely easy to work with because of the mostly symmetric layout.
Oh I agree! I was strictly talking about styling, not layout (although I'm sure it will be improved in the upcoming interface update). :wink:

Why not use a skin?

(I'm guilty of loving the spaceship GUI)

You can't possibly like something that I don't, that's unacceptable!

But seriously tough, I guess I could. I haven't seen a skin that impressed med yet (except maybe the new Plugmon skin). I'll wait and see what u-he come upp with.

Breach The Sky wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:25 am You can't possibly like something that I don't, that's unacceptable!

But seriously tough, I guess I could. I haven't seen a skin that impressed med yet (except maybe the new Plugmon skin). I'll wait and see what u-he come upp with.
I use the satYatunes Spartan Gray skin and really like it. I am hoping that Hive 2.0 will come with an array of different skins a la Sylenth 1.

is there a way to predict what kind of frame size will Hive pick when using wavs as wavetables?

Ploki wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:42 pm is there a way to predict what kind of frame size will Hive pick when using wavs as wavetables?
I guess Hive expects 2048 sample frames by default.

Ploki wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:42 pm is there a way to predict what kind of frame size will Hive pick when using wavs as wavetables?
The default is 2048 but if you add a prefix of -wt256 to the file name you can use 256 sample wavetables, or -wt512 for 512 samples, etc.

splendid, thank you.

now to figure out what the hell the synth i'm trying to sample is outputting.

Ploki wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:04 am Why not use a skin?

(I'm guilty of loving the spaceship GUI)
Same here. I find it the best one from the u-he synths. Hope it doesn't get removed, only switchable.

hm. I created a file 48 frames long (2048*48) and even specified "name -wt2048.wav" and it loads as 41 frames.
"-wt 2048 name.wav" doesn't change anything, it still loads as 41 frames.

so the file is 98304 samples long... By the looks of it, Hive used 2397,65 samples for one WT to get 41 frames... ugh

Ploki wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:41 pm hm. I created a file 48 frames long (2048*48) and even specified "name -wt2048.wav" and it loads as 41 frames.

so the file is 98304 samples long... By the looks of it, Hive used 2397,65 samples for one WT to get 41 frames... ugh
The WAV should be in 44100Hz 32-bit format.

drzhnn wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:22 pm
Ploki wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:41 pm hm. I created a file 48 frames long (2048*48) and even specified "name -wt2048.wav" and it loads as 41 frames.

The WAV should be in 44100Hz 32-bit format.
had them in 24bit - changing to 32bit still shows erroneous frame count

Is it 44100 Hz? It's the samplerate of all Hive's factory WAV wavetables. Also Zebra exports its wavetables to WAV at that samplerate.

Return to “u-he”