Hive 1.2 - free update - adds wavetables and more

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Hive 2

"Switch" interpolation is of course mentioned in the user guide - recommended reading :x

Howard wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 11:50 am "Switch" interpolation is of course mentioned in the user guide - recommended reading :x
"Read The Fascinating Manual" as you once told someone. :hihi:

...probably with a :smack: !
Happy New Year :party:

I don't know about the guy you're talking to but I have a hard time assimilating information from written material and it's a condition that has gotten worse in recent years.

I'd like to think I could come to the U-He support forum and ask a simple question without getting.... :x or :smack:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

its a typical howard response

Teksonik wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 4:07 pm I don't know about the guy you're talking to but I have a hard time assimilating information from written material and it's a condition that has gotten worse in recent years.

I'd like to think I could come to the U-He support forum and ask a simple question without getting.... :x or :smack:
Hehehe, but aren't most forum posts done in writing as well...?

Urs wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 4:20 pm
Teksonik wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 4:07 pm I don't know about the guy you're talking to but I have a hard time assimilating information from written material and it's a condition that has gotten worse in recent years.

Hehehe, but aren't most forum posts done in writing as well...?
Yes but there is a difference between written "conversation" and written information.

So please forgive me if I don't get what I need from the manual and have to ask a question here. :shrug:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

just bought it (alongside with twangstrom)
wavetables are great
funny: as i downloaded the demo a year or so ago, hive was for me the least interesting
now, with wavetables, it became amazing
and imho, as i compared it, way better sounding than the others

presets are btw excelent, if i may say so!

wishlist:
as i play through the presets i'd wish i could see both modmatrix lanes at once
i.e.: have a view of MM1 and MM2 at once within 1 gui

i want to learn and see how the sounds are working and exploring the modmatrix by
leaving the hand from the audiokeyboard for mousing around is kind of a pita

muki wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 4:56 pm wishlist:
as i play through the presets i'd wish i could see both modmatrix lanes at once
i.e.: have a view of MM1 and MM2 at once within 1 gui
That would be great for a V2 new GUI

Some way to see them all

For me, I'd love to see the FX moved into a tab down there and given stomp style GUIs like RePro. Lyrebird and Velvet making an appearance would be great too. JAWS would probably eat too much CPU (and apparently doesn't sound great with polyphony) but would probably work great for mono basslines in harder EDM styles. Basically a "best of" the U-he Synth effects. With it being a 2.0 version, I think it would make sense to consider an effect overhaul.

Howard wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 11:50 am "Switch" interpolation is of course mentioned in the user guide - recommended reading :x

Mr Sir Howard,
1. I have read this part of the manual on page 33 but there is written that the wavetable is "....apruppt jumping..." and therefore I thought that its not a normal wt scanning, but it is if all 256 frames are filled. If the author of the manual would have written for this called "Jumping Mode" simple "no interpolation" than I would have tested it. Beside that its not a jumping but a simple scan without interpolation.
2. Beside this I normally don't read any VSTi Manuals. I you always have to read a manual before using a VSTi than sonething is wrong with that VSTi because it normally has to selfexplandory, at least in my view. Especially Hive is considered to be easy to use and understand.
3. This forum is for questions, suggestions, critisism and experiences with that VSTi, so where is your problem ?
You don't have to answer or comment my question.
Everything O.K. with you ?
Last edited by MorpherX on Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Feature Request for a Hive 2.xy:

1. 2 more multistage LFOs or simple MSEG with 16 fixed steps on x and 12 on y with 8 points which are variable and have a Loop between 2 points.

2. Loading of own single cycles in the SubOsc 1 and 2

3. Comp- and Formant-Filter

Thats all !

I'm very happy with the wavetable implementation in Hive. I've spend a good amount of time with demos of the competitors, but still prefer Hive. For me, some of the highlights are: the advanced scripting language, the different modes of realtime waveform interpolation, and the overall ease of use.

For me, the weakest area in Hive compared to the others, are the limited selection of filters, i.e. only one high-pass filter.

lengro wrote: Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:57 pmFor me, the weakest area in Hive compared to the others, are the limited selection of filters, i.e. only one high-pass filter.
Technically, each engine has it's own filters so there's 3 high-pass filters. 6 total filter types per engine, times 3 engines, equals 18 total filters. Not bad for a single synth.

Do you want to be able to change the slope of the HP filter (e.g. 6, 12, 24db)? Or do you want to be able to use the HP filters in addition to the low pass filters? What are the scenarios you're running into where you're thinking, this HP filter isn't cutting it I need another one or another option?

And don't forget how stupidly awesome the "Peaking" filter is.
Last edited by Sound Author on Sun Dec 30, 2018 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “u-he”