Twangström Public Beta (Update: rev 8131)

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

AFAIR it's mainly 2 springs and medium density, with no coupling.
Sascha Eversmeier
drummer of The Board
software dev in the studio-speaker biz | former plugin creator [u-he, samplitude & digitalfishphones]

Bought Twangström today. Sounds incredible. (I mean very credible actually)
I'd like to add my voice to previous requests for more modulation slots in the final version :pray:

Even though I'm in love with the sound of Repro 5, I've sold my copy due to its limited modulation section leaving me unsatisfied all the time. I completely understand the conservative approach with a vintage piece like that, but at some point I think it's worth looking forward from that point of view. I'm going to re-purchase if that happens.

The point is, I believe Twangström is a fine example of forward looking design as it is,
I just wish to modulate E V E R Y T H I N G :hyper:

Purchased today as well.

Always loved it when an effects unit can do bread & butter really well, but can also go into uncharted waters easily.

Wonderful :tu:

Is there any other way to purchase? I'm in Taiwan and Share-It now says they're unable to take orders from this region. I've purchased several other u-he plugins online through Share-it before (including Colour Copy just a few months ago).

Not sure what has changed recently. Do I need to use a VPN to buy this?

Great work anyway, this is the most satisfying, fun, and lively spring simulation I've heard.

aMUSEd wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:19 pm Needs a Slinky mode ;)
+1

brianbrian wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 2:11 pmDo I need to use a VPN to buy this?
I don't think this would solve the problem, since your billing address would still be in Taiwan.
brianbrian wrote: Sun Jan 06, 2019 2:11 pmIs there any other way to purchase?
You could try one of the many online retailers that sell our products? :)
Cheers
Rob
u-he | Support | FAQ | Patch Library

Thanks Rob - but it's still in public beta / presale which should be why it's not available from any other vendors yet. I'd like to take advantage of the early discount of course.

I couldn't even get to the purchase page to enter my address, as I have a valid US one too. Strange....it must be detecting the region via IP and restricting access.

brianbrian wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:00 amit's still in public beta / presale which should be why it's not available from any other vendors yet.
Sorry, I missed the fact that it's about Twangström... not quite back from the Holidays yet. :roll:

I'll check with Share-It and see what's going on there, and I'll try to figure out a way to get you Twangström-ed. I see that you already wrote an email to our support inbox, so to not spam this thread I hope it's OK if I follow up with you via email. :)
Cheers
Rob
u-he | Support | FAQ | Patch Library

Just tried it again and absolutely love it. Used with Roland Juno plugin - Pure bliss. Going to have to buy it now.
Wish i managed to get colour copy during intro too! That thing is incredible.
Now please release Jaws as a plugin. hehe

DavidCarlyon wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:08 pmNow please release Jaws as a plugin. hehe
Unfortunately 112dB have just released a plug-in called "jaws"... we should've trademarked it when we had the chance to... :cry:

Urs wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:45 am
DavidCarlyon wrote: Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:08 pmNow please release Jaws as a plugin. hehe
Unfortunately 112dB have just released a plug-in called "jaws"... we should've trademarked it when we had the chance to... :cry:
Why not call it "Bruce" instead? Fans of Jaws will understand...

Urs wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:45 am
Oh yeah i saw that! That really sucks. Is it a bit crusher plugin? Sure you will come up with a good name.

How long is the pre-sale on? I think i am being stupid, as i cant see where to buy. Def want to get in on it before the pre-sale is over. I already missed colour copy and regretted it ever since!

1. Use it anyways. You did use it first. :shrug: What can they do? It's a bitcrusher, yours is a waveshaper. No confusion.
or
2. Buy the name from 112db, they can change the name to hmm...BitSnap...BitFlop?
or
3. Buy Jaws IP from 112db and just keep the name...sell it back to 112db with a better name. :hihi:
or
4. Buy 112db :hihi:

Also if they trademarked it maybe take issue with the trademark authority as you did use the name for an effect first.

Maybe they havn't trademarked it. In that case, trademark it.

Ask them nicely? :ud:

In any case it serves you right. :P
:hyper: M O N O S Y N T H S F O R E V E R :hyper:

DavidCarlyon wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:05 pmHow long is the pre-sale on? I think i am being stupid, as i cant see where to buy. Def want to get in on it before the pre-sale is over. I already missed colour copy and regretted it ever since!
Pre-sale is on until release. Release was scheduled for yesterday (see first post), but we had a little hold up due to a last minute change in the NKS layer. So tonight we're going to post a release candidate and hope for a final nod - so we can release tomorrow around this time... roughly 24 hours left 8)

Re Jaws: I have always seen it merely as a potential addendum to Uhbik. I think we'll find a way to keep it uh-JAWs or so. Or we'll simply use a different name, like we did with Lyrebird.

Return to “u-he”