Zebra2 XY community project

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Just a quick heads-up to everyone involved:
Going through all the patches you sent me takes quite a bit of time, please bear with me, I'll try my best to reply to everyone this week and answer questions and send feedback and comments.
Very sorry for keeping you guys waiting!

Viktor
u-he team

Thanks for keeping us updated! :)
I think we all appreciate how big this job is..

Indeed. Doing 20 presets was more work than I imagined beforehand. 20 x 4 = 80 variables to assign is quite a lot. Must be a pain to go through and check them all as well! :pray:

Landeplage wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 7:28 pm Indeed. Doing 20 presets was more work than I imagined beforehand. 20 x 4 = 80 variables to assign is quite a lot. Must be a pain to go through and check them all as well! :pray:
I gave myself a short deadline, and I'm glad I did, but it was work to get there. My experience was that a few patches didn't take much at all to get good results, but quite a few were hard. Particularly when you've got just a comb filter, a single ADSR and little else. Was an interesting challenge though. I got some X/Y assignments I was happy enough with that some of the patches I'd have previously just skipped over are suddenly fun to play and able to morphed into sounds that are more in my wheelhouse.

I'd like to think others would find those assignments useful, or at least some of them, but I was happy with the results.

Now you know why it's 10€/preset. :P

Yep, I wasn't prepared for how tedious it would be-- especially for simple patches. You'd think those would be easy, but when you're trying to get 4 XYs out of just a few modules, it becomes quite a puzzle. I had to take a few days off just to nurse the migraine.

Wipe the sweat from your forehead wit those 10€ bills :P

^ hahaha .. Mr. Oizo - Flatbeat was playing "randomly" on an online radio while seeing this image :D .. fitted perfectly! :lol:

Maybe a feature for Zebra3: Would it be possible to add XY assignments automatically to all non factory presets like in Hive? Nearly all of my bought presets don't use XY pads. Maybe optionally via right click "auto assign".

thats why i like makro knobs or xy pads. Camel audio alchemy was a dream for every controller, -skip preset, keep on jaming and tweaking without to remap the parameters.
If you use some standard mappings like nks or the old kore, you can't control this synth with 8 knobs, and to switch between pages, is also very uncomfortable and you can't use 2 knobs simultaniously if they are on different pages. With 8 makros i have often 8 best soundforming parameters in one row, so i can tweak with komplete kontrol or ableton push the 8 best parameters simultaniously.
The worst case for me was diva or lush-101, if i had mapped 8 parameters for push in ableton and switched to the next preset, some parameters like effects or modules have changed and i have to remap again.

How is it going? Do you still need people working on the presets?

Any update on this?

joeyluck wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 7:06 pm Any update on this?
the project is long over AFAIK.

It prove to be more difficult than expected. Results were very varied, from subtle to over the top.

Howard is still working on some bits - some presets needed reworking and extensions for more useful XY assignments.

We hope that other soundbanks which feature more complex sounds are easier to map. We don't know yet if we'll continue to work with external collaborators, or if we should try to automate things like we did in Hive.

Return to “u-he”