Zebra2 XY community project

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:11 pm I'd certainly be in favor of shifting some assignments to the X/Y's on some patches. Particularly, when your patch only has an Osc, a comb, and 1 Env with no effects. Makes it a bit tricker to fill up those assignments. :wink:
I think that's why I've been assigning things the way I have been. Some of these older patches are really simple and there just isn't that much there to assign. :?

Yep. That's why Howie does the percussive section himself.

A lot of those presets are about economics. We never said it would be an easy job :oops:

Quick question: Viktor tells me people doing the XY assignments will not be credited. Just to clarify, should we not add any credit at all, or is adding "XY pad assignments by (...)" in the patch description okay? I'm happy either way. I'm just personally curious and thought it might be something others have wondered, too.

Simon-Claudius wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:43 pm Quick question: Viktor tells me people doing the XY assignments will not be credited. Just to clarify, should we not add any credit at all, or is adding "XY pad assignments by (...)" in the patch description okay? I'm happy either way. I'm just personally curious and thought it might be something others have wondered, too.
I haven't given this any thought yet.

Naturally, the presets should stay "HS" and will be associated & found using Howard's authorship.

I'm more than happy to acknowledge everyone of you guys helping us out in an accompanying document, even in the user guide.

That said, I'm not sure if an additional copyright note in the description field is something the users will appreciate. It may furthermore confuse searches for patches of sound designers taking part in this, i.e. if your name is Sunny Soundguy and you just search "Sunny", you might not only find your own presets but also the ones which you mentioned yourself in the description. So that, I think, is a bit over the top, from a pragmatic point of view.

Thoughts?

I would indeed not appreciate additional authorship in the Description field, but indeed maybe in the manual it is fine.
rsp
sound sculptist

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:11 pm...I don't have AT or BR controllers, so those existing assignments become useless to me.
FET: If you use a MIDI controller with a definable knob or slider, you do have "BR" (now known as Control A). If you don't use a MIDI controller or don't have anything on there except pitch bend and mod wheel, you could add something like a Korg NanoKontrol - cheap as chips and work fine :-)

Re Aftertouch: Using XY to do the same as what AT already does is fine, as many users have crippled keyboards... sorry, I mean "keyboards without aftertouch". ;)

Howard wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:20 am ..........
...., as many users have crippled keyboards... sorry, I mean "keyboards without aftertouch". ;)
Lol. Amen.....
I always appreciate your patches, which usually have AT, Breath Controller and your use of pitch wheel to, you know, change the pitch.
rsp
sound sculptist

I'm not bothered if or where I am credited for this work.

The 'text input' box for XY notes: while we can write more than 8 lines, there is no scroll or ability to resize the box to see beyond the 8 lines. Is this a bug? Or a boundary which hasn't been pushed.. ;)

Just to add, not looking for credit either. If given in a separate document, that'd be nice but not even necessary IMO. These were Howard's patches, I didn't change them, just tried to creatively map some parameters to some performance controls.

Nice idea :) I love these x,y since camel audio alchemy and Kore very much.
Will sold soundbanks from you also be updated ?

am i too late to get in on this?

I don't think it's too late. The more the merrier? :)

If we get a patch without any assignments for mod wheel or aftertouch, can we add some? Sometimes it seems like a parameter would be more appropriately controlled by one of those than with XY.

If this would mess up the testing protocol (like if the modified patch needs to match the original for all values of mod wheel and aftertouch, even if mod wheel and/or aftertouch does nothing in the original), then I understand leaving them untouched, but it would be good to know if we have the option.

Bit late for this, but sent an email in case there's still some batches left to be worked on.
music // twolegs // geometriae
sounddesign // twolegstoneworks

Yup, there are plenty of batches left!

Apparently, it's not a piece of cake, this task :oops:

Return to “u-he”