Zebra2 XY community project

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Well, loudness would be a task for another time. We will use a special software to make sure that presets sound the same before and after, and loudness adjustments would be an issue here.

But the point is, if you're doing something at this level, like overhauling the factory preset library... why not make them all target roughly the same LUFS? It does make sense to do it, no? Factory presets that people used in their projects are stored to project file anyways, so these changes wouldn't impact them.

Urs wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:21 pm Well, loudness would be a task for another time...
Keep me in mind for that.. ;)
I usually spend quite a bit of time optimizing volume/loudness for my patch banks. not only by peaks or average (RMS/LUFS) , but also by how a patch feels or contrasts with neighboring patches. :D

EvilDragon wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:25 pm But the point is, if you're doing something at this level, like overhauling the factory preset library... why not make them all target roughly the same LUFS? It does make sense to do it, no? Factory presets that people used in their projects are stored to project file anyways, so these changes wouldn't impact them.
I guess they need presets to match 100% before and after assigning XYs, in order to pass their tests. Presets with difference in volume won't pass the tests, and they won't have a way to tell whether it is because of new XY assigments or just volume difference.

Well, good point there. But then, after all the XY assignments are done, there should definitely be some patch leveling going on.

Sure, but first they need to come up with some specifications :) And it's u-he we're talking about, so this means **meetings** and stuff. And they are just too busy for that right now because of Twang thing, Hive update, holiday season etc.

drzhnn wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:10 pmAnd they are just too busy for that right now because of Twang thing, Hive update, holiday season etc.
Yup. Which is why, you know... this thread and all...

EvilDragon wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:54 pm Well, good point there. But then, after all the XY assignments are done, there should definitely be some patch leveling going on.

shouldnt that have already happened?

AnX wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:36 pm
EvilDragon wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:54 pm Well, good point there. But then, after all the XY assignments are done, there should definitely be some patch leveling going on.

shouldnt that have already happened?
It was never really complained about...

I remember back when Camel Audio was a "thing", they had pretty strict guidelines for making presets for their official soundbanks, and this included loudness levels (specified separately for monophonic and polyphonic sounds). It was a good thing, and they also paid per preset, much like u-he here.

Shame this info is not available online anymore...

What a wonderful generous offer.. unfortunately I don't have Zebra, I am not funded enough, although I have admired your work and have CM versions of both Zebra and Bazille. And take this opportunity to thank you for the wee Zebralette and a chance to explore the OSC engine... I have made it do some (in my design philosophy ) quiet amazing things/ tricks.
As a by.. you also got one very creative DSP guy Sasha, I have been an admirer of his work since digitalfishphones.. and Samplitude.

toonertik wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:54 pm What a wonderful generous offer.. unfortunately I don't have Zebra,
I don't see why that should be a hinderance. The Z2 demo comes with the exact same factory library and has no restrictions on loading or saving presets. The notes just start to wander a bitafter 15 mins or so. Do one pack that Urs approves and that's an NFR Zebra2...
Feel free to call me Brian.

Sounds like a plan! Email sent! :tu:

This is neat! Looking forward to converting a batch when I get home.

What do we do with the notes which are included in the patches already? Eg some of HS patches have notes written to XY4 notes.

Return to “u-he”