Zebra2 XY community project

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

We need to add XY-assignments to all Zebra2 factory presets which don't have those yet.

We're looking for 3-6 people with experience in Zebra2 sound design. We'll do this in batches of 20 presets each. Paid work, 10€/preset. Timeline: One or two batches until December 20, another one or two until first week of January, if necessary. For payments, people need to be able to send proper invoices (e.g. have a EU VAT ID or be a small enough business)

Sound in default setting of XYs must not change, i.e. presets need to be saved so that the original preset sound remains unchanged.

If ever possible, XYs should be set up as follows:

XY1: Sound Source, waveform or pitch (Oscillator/OscFX, Comb Filter, FMO, Noise)
XY2: Filtering (Cutoff/Resonance, FM Depth, Damping, Distortion)
XY3: Modulation (Envelopes, LFOs etc.)
XY4: FX (Reverb Mix, Delay Feedback... these kinds of things)

Individual patches can diverge from this. E.g. patches without FX can for instance map the whole VCA envelope over the XYs.

In very rare cases, XYs can be saved at non-0 positions if it improves the parameter range (the affected parameter must be adjusted in that case, but the saved XY position should put this parameter to the value it originally had in that preset).

But also, please set up the labels like this:

Screen Shot 2018-12-04 at 17.49.31.png
...where, if at all possible, the main label ("Filters") and the label for X and Y are each a maximum of 8 characters long.

Workflow:

- send email to support at u-he dot com - subject "Zebra2 XY"
- Viktor will set you up with a batch of presets
- once you're done, send batch back to Viktor and indicate if you want more
- if we have more, we'll send more (also requires that previous batch was well done, of course)
- once done, we'll ask for a invoice

Go!

- Urs

P.S.: Minimum requirement is Zebra 2.7.2 (if you have an older OS), but 2.8 is preferred
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Brilliant idea, Urs! Get community onto it.

(You could do the same for NKS tagging of Zebra presets, too ;))

€10 a preset! Do you mean €10 per preset batch (of 20)?

CinningBao wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:42 pm €10 a preset! Do you mean €10 per preset batch (of 20)?
Per preset. 200€ a batch.

GET ON IT!

Also, we're happy to discuss individual presets/solutions which are problematic right here.

Added info about the info field...

Urs wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:45 pm
CinningBao wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:42 pm €10 a preset! Do you mean €10 per preset batch (of 20)?
Wow! If I had a proper means of invoicing you, I'd totally jump on this.

Uhm wount this request gonna make people to have duplicates? I mean if request is public and 2 people start working and they make same batch of presets.

Btw where do i sign for this?

Elektronisch wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:35 pm Uhm wount this request gonna make people to have duplicates? I mean if request is public and 2 people start working and they make same batch of presets.

The OP says Viktor will send a set of presets, so presumably he'll send each preset to only one person.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:33 pm
Urs wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:45 pm
Wow! If I had a proper means of invoicing you, I'd totally jump on this.
We're happy to trade NFRs instead...

jsp1979 wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:38 pm
Elektronisch wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:35 pm Uhm wount this request gonna make people to have duplicates? I mean if request is public and 2 people start working and they make same batch of presets.

The OP says Viktor will send a set of presets, so presumably he'll send each preset to only one person.
That is the plan, indeed!

We'll check back with people if we haven't heard after a while and probably reassign some batches in-between, but generally we keep track of who's doing each batch.

Do the volumes need to be maintained..? quite a few exceed 0db

email sent!

CinningBao wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:58 pm Do the volumes need to be maintained..? quite a few exceed 0db
Good call. Zebra is one of my loudest synths, and not in a good way. Would love it if this project could include hitting a particular target volume. Like: if it's a bass, play a repeated note and target x LUFS, if it's a polpyohonic patch, play 5 voices and target Y LUFS.

Anyway, just sent an email. Would be happy to help, especially with the NFR option.

Return to “u-he”