Satin automation in Ableton doesn't work

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Trying to automate the mix knob of Satin's Delay Mode in ableton live 10.0.5 doesn't work for me. If I click on reactivate automation in the arrangement view the automation lane instantly gets grey again. Any ideas? Other plugins work fine :scared:

This is a known issue happening with a few parameters in the Satin AU version in Live.
When trying to automate them in Ableton Live, there seems to be some kind of parameter feedback, and Ableton disables this parameter for automation.

As a workaround, you can use the VST version of Satin, which does not have this issue.
That QA guy from planet u-he.

Thanks for your answer. Already thought that it is a AU bug. What is the problem with those AU versions of U-he and ableton? Never had those issues with other plugins? No criticism involved here. Just want to understand it better..

Bimmlu wrote: ↑Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:03 pm Thanks for your answer. Already thought that it is a AU bug.
About the Satin AU automation issue with Ableton: I have no clue what Ableton are doing differently here than other DAW vendors. What I wrote is already as much as I know about this problem. Sorry that I can't give a more detailed answer.
Bimmlu wrote: ↑Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:03 pm What is the problem with those AU versions of U-he and ableton? Never had those issues with other plugins? No criticism involved here. Just want to understand it better..
If you are refering to the other Ableton AU issues which were present in Live 10.0.2:
This was not an u-he exclusive issue, it was happening to many AU plugins from different developers, and was caused (and later fixed) by Ableton themselves. There was nothing we could have done to prevent those issues, it was all in Ableton's code.
That QA guy from planet u-he.

Return to β€œu-he”