ZebraHZ 2.8 update, and Funkstation for Repro!

Official support for: u-he.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

e@rs wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 6:35 pm What happens with ZebraHZ, after the release of Zebra 3?
We'll put it into a "Zebra Legacy" bundle with Zebra 2 which we'll continue to sell/maintain.

It stays, yep.

I got 2 more questions about The Dark Zebra:

1. Was the old price $99+VAT?
2. Diva VCF is mono in order to save CPU. In what way is the behavior of a mono filter different than a stereo one?

(My common sense tells me don't buy it, you don't need it, yet I'm really trying to justify its purchase, all while I could use that money to buy something like ANA 2 or upgrade to Studio One 4. :roll:)

e@rs wrote: Thu Nov 22, 2018 9:56 am I got 2 more questions about The Dark Zebra:

€99 including VAT where applicable
2. Diva VCF is mono in order to save CPU. In what way is the behavior of a mono filter different than a stereo one?
It's not just to save CPU, it's also to save us from grey hair. The difference is that the input signal is summed to mono before processing and then spat out on both L and R channel.

e@rs wrote: Thu Nov 22, 2018 9:56 am (My common sense tells me don't buy it, you don't need it, yet I'm really trying to justify its purchase, all while I could use that money to buy something like ANA 2 or upgrade to Studio One 4. :roll:)
The compressors and the resonator are quite useful. And while I don't use the Diva filters in HZ all that much, sometimes the Uhbie filter sounds so gorgeous on all those lovely ephemeral tones Zebra is good at!

^Cool, thanx for the input! It's very hard for me to buy something when there's no demo to try.

Urs wrote: Thu Nov 22, 2018 10:40 am
e@rs wrote: Thu Nov 22, 2018 9:56 am I got 2 more questions about The Dark Zebra:

99 including VAT where applicable
It's not just to save CPU, it's also to save us from grey hair. The difference is that the input signal is summed to mono before processing and then spat out on both L and R channel.
On the first one you misunderstood me, I was asking about the price before your shop went from $ to €, not the present full price. I'm a cheap bastard (well, blame the music software industry with their 50-99% off sales) and wanna know if it's cheaper now than it was with the $25 survey voucher offered last time.

Wish I bought this a few years ago then: my hair is already grey.

e@rs wrote: Thu Nov 22, 2018 6:40 pm It's very hard for me to buy something when there's no demo to try.
If you know what 4 MSEGs in Zebra2 are capable of, then you can imagine what 8 of them in ZebraHZ can do :wink:

^Ha ha, I'm not THAT adventurous...

Turned on a crime drama movie, while practicing,
using ZHZ with the Violin Fluff preset, and by coincidence,
it was as exact a fit in the part of the score that was playing,
as I could ever imagine.
Almost erie... it fit so well. I reached for the mouse to turn
up the volume on the plugin so I could hear it, as well as
the movie, but there it was, as if in the soundtrack itself.
Cheers

I bought the darn thing. Hope everybody's happy now... :)

:party: :hug:

e@rs wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 5:23 pm I bought the darn thing. Hope everybody's happy now... :)
:tu:

And how is it?

I haven't installed it yet (busy reading KVR). After that I'll watch a movie and then go to sleep. But tomorrow I'll take it for a spin.

Return to “u-he”