ZebraHZ 2.8 update, and Funkstation for Repro!

Official support for: u-he.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello everyone, it's news time!

ZebraHZ, part of The Dark Zebra soundset, has now been updated to version 2.8.

What's new?
Many features from the original Zebra2 2.8 are now available, including the updated interface.

Here's a screenshot:

List of new features and improvements:
  • new preset browser with powerful text search and smart folders (screenshot)
  • wave folder modules adopted from Repro-1.
  • two new oscillator spectral effects ("DX" and "Smear").
  • expandable oscillator and MSEG editors.
  • added a second reverb unit, "NuRev" (plate with pre-delay).
  • much sleeker GUI.
  • double the number of modulation matrix slots – now 24.
  • double the number of multisegment envelopes – now 8 MSEGs.
  • X/Y pad controls are also direct modulation source.

For more info, you can visit the product page.

Important: The Dark Zebra requires a Zebra2 license. Since ZebraHZ comes with it, this is also valid for the plug-in: It will not work without a Zebra2 license!
If you already own The Dark Zebra, you can request a download link for the updated 2.8 installer by submitting your registered email address to the form on our Account page.

-------------------------------------------------------

Howard's back at it with a new soundset!

Funkstation is a collection of old school Funk sounds inspired by the many artists who embraced synthesizers in the Funk music scene of the '70s and '80s.

Funkstation includes juicy leads, meaty basses, filtery polyphonic stabs and analogue pads... everything you need to create some SERIOUS synth-funk.

Demo tracks: https://soundcloud.com/uheplugins/sets/ ... ward-scarr

For more info and download, here's the product page.

Hotfix!

As Urs mentioned in this thread, we have released a hotfix for ACE, Bazille, Filterscape, MFM2, and Uhbik. This is going to fix the presets sorting for High Sierra and Mojave users.

You can download each hotfix through this article or on each product page.

One last thing

Our Bazille and Repro product pages got some new makeup. More content, more info.
With time, other products will go through the same treatment.

That's it! :ud:

Cheers,
Dario

Hi, I haven't posted on this forum since around 2015 I think, but just thought I'd pop on over to say thank you very much! Been waiting for this one for a while :)

Thanks,
rsp
sound sculptist

Hello,

Is the Zebra HZ update available for Linux ? Why do I ask here instead of Reddit ? Because of this second, more important question:

Do we know that a Linux version is considered stable enough when it is made available on the u-he website ?

Why do I ask ? Because I'm not interested in the interim versions that are put out as testing versions. Some have problems, etc.. What I want are stable enough versions to make it to the u-he web site, like all current Linux products available on the website are, which I'm using now for more than 2.5 years.

Cheers.

Thank you for the update Urs, HZ, and team U-he.

New skin visual look is clean and easy to work with. Better on older eyes @ 120%. Do not be afraid to update. (yes, old skin is gone per Urs)

Per U-he instructions be sure to also update your Zebra2 to most current version. No crashes since I did this.

ZHZ Instances Load much faster (Mac/Logic/Sierra)

Thought there might of been slight sonic improvements (smoother sound) but Urs confirms there should not be any changes.

How do you select the new reverb type btw I did not see it

Will we get some new patches from Howie, HZ, TUC using the new features ?

Logic 10.4.2/Sierra
Last edited by Black Synth Hoodie on Wed Oct 31, 2018 6:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Some notes from Urs in another thread about Han's input/needs in this new version...
Urs wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 7:09 am
Black Synth Hoodie wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 7:05 pm Any comment URS how involved Han's was with input and thoughts on update btw ?
He needed the additional ModMatrix slots and MSEGs for Dunkirk. When he said that they had recreated the ticking of Mr. Nolan's pocket watch in a synthesizer, that's why. A lot of the rhythms and ratcheting in Dunkirk seems to happen by crossfading modulations between two or more MSEGs.

The new reverb came in about the same time, or maybe for Blade Runner.

Having the XYs as direct modulation sources was requested so he could use additonal MIDI Controllers for automation.

Looks stunning , one crash already using BlueCat Patchwork, sent log to support
Mac Studio
Cubase 13, Ableton Live 12

Real COOL!

wow, awesome! :love:

Really hope that Zebra would also get twice mod matrix slots one day (fairly soon :P ) ! :tu:

WOOOOOOOW! Thanks for the AMAZING update! HAPPY!

Black Synth Hoodie wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 4:41 pmHow do you select the new reverb type btw I did not see it
At the very bottom of the effects list. See Zebra 2.8 user guide, page 66.

Tx Howie
Howard wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:22 am
Black Synth Hoodie wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 4:41 pmHow do you select the new reverb type btw I did not see it
At the very bottom of the effects list. See Zebra 2.8 user guide, page 66.

I don't get it;
I want to download ZebraHZ 2.8 (i own Zebra 2).
So I click on my Account.
Then i fill in my registered email.
I then receive a mail from u-he with only my registered serial for Colour copy ( :( ).
No downloadlink for Zebra HZ 2.8.

If you click "Account" you would assume it would bring you to a page with an oversight of all your bought U-he plugins, serials and downloads.
Utterly confusing ..
Rob van Hees

Contact u-he support then.

It was done that way (delivery of licenses via e-mail) because of GDPR.

vanhaze wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 7:30 am I don't get it;
I want to download ZebraHZ 2.8 (i own Zebra 2).
So I click on my Account.
Then i fill in my registered email.
I then receive a mail from u-he with only my registered serial for Colour copy ( :( ).
No downloadlink for Zebra HZ 2.8.

If you click "Account" you would assume it would bring you to a page with an oversight of all your bought U-he plugins, serials and downloads.
Utterly confusing ..
I was a bit confused as well. Look carefully in the mail:

There's a link to the ZebraHZ sound set.

Looks like this:
Zebra2 The Dark Zebra
Use your Zebra2 serial number to unlock ZebraHZ
https://u-he.com/downloads/soundsets/dl ... XXXXXXXXXX

Return to “u-he”