Zebra 3 feature suggestions

Official support for: u-he.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

karrikuh wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:00 am For me, MSEGs are no true replacement, as they are (naturally) always retriggered by notes and can't operate globally across voices, potentially synced to the host's musical grid.
Aren't you assuming regular Z2 MSEGs will be transplanted into Z3 unchanged?
Not going to happen :-D

Isn't the FMO in Zeebs actually DX-style phase modulation? Sure sounds like it.

Yes

Merry XMAS.

I would like to suggest some more love for Zebrify:

- At least 3 env followers
- More precise control in the env follower, like hold phase, curves
- A gate device, similar to Renoise's gate
- 2 possible distortion devices, e.g. clipping as last one.
- The exactly same fx section as in Zebra, so you can load any Zebra preset for only loading its fx settings. So you easily could separate fx from generation, after initial quick setup inside Zebra while composition/mixing
- Softclip parameter for clipping mode?
- A tool device with gain, dual panning, swap l/r->r/l, l/r->mid/side, mid/side->l/r

Can you add to current version? :lol:
Last edited by Hanz Meyzer on Wed Jan 02, 2019 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Is it possible to add mac trackpad zooming / scrolling in the big editors?

Howard wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 6:08 pm
karrikuh wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:00 am For me, MSEGs are no true replacement, as they are (naturally) always retriggered by notes and can't operate globally across voices, potentially synced to the host's musical grid.
Aren't you assuming regular Z2 MSEGs will be transplanted into Z3 unchanged?
Not going to happen :-D
Hmm, so can I read your response as a hint that Z3 MSEGs will feature a free-running mode? That would be amazing! If I got this right, we would then have modulation options similar to Propellerhead's Europa
https://www.propellerheads.com/europa
MSEGs that can act either as note-triggered per-voice envelope, per-voice LFO or free-running global LFO. Additionally, we have dedicated LFO modules with only fixed basic waveforms. To me, that would be pretty much perfect!

Hey Urs,

actually awesome would be, if Zebrify just had the same fx section as Zebra. So then you could load your Zebra preset into it, separating fx from the tone generation, after initial fx setup inside Zebra while composition/mixing process.

Happy new year to you and your team.

My suggestions/ requests:

- Overall routing matrix or all assigned modulations showing up on the matrix page

- Visual feedback on modulation - I like the way Serum does it

- Ability to layer presets

- Ability to import wav files

- Ability to import/ export ARP patterns as MIDI

Layering presets very likely won't happen. Nor would Serum's way of visual modulation (because Urs dislikes it). :)

Also modern DAWs provide a layer container.

EvilDragon wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:26 amNor would Serum's way of visual modulation (because Urs dislikes it). :)
It's not that I dislike it. I would love it, if it worked.

The problem with "balls in orbit" around the knobs is that they simply move too fast and the refresh rate of the screens is too low. Because slow modulations are never a big deal, the important (fast) ones become "invisible" due to erraticly jumping dots, or envelopes which may result in a little twitch or not. All you're left with is "oh, this knob gets modulation and that knob does, but I can't really see what's actually happening". In case of which a simple non-jumping indicator is simply enough.

The best visualization is a scope view which provides a history for the modulation in question. That way one can actually see what the modulation looks like. Unfortunately, this doesn't fit next to the knobs. It needs an extra space in the UI and it needs to be an optional view. It also adds CPU impact to the UI, but unlike balls in orbit, it can be disabled. Because, balls in orbit cost CPU too, and often not just a little.

axb312 wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:51 pmOverall routing matrix or all assigned modulations showing up on the matrix page
What exactly do you mean by that?

Probably just to have a list of all modulators and their targets that are active in the patch? SQ8L has something like that, for example:

That gonna be a long list...

Quite... :D

Return to “u-he”