Hive update plan

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi all,

We just had a meeting about the forthcoming Hive 1.2 release, and came to the conclusion that we really can't release a full-spec version this year without cutting too many corners.

So how about an interim "Hive 1.2" in December? With the new wavetables and presets that use them, with the new preset browser - but using the old skins? After that, we step it up to version 2.0 some time next year: New GUI, lots of new features, vastly expanded factory library, NKS... in fact all the stuff we planned but can't get done this year, plus a whole heap of more recent ideas!

What do you think?

- U

P.S. As always version 1.2 will be free for Hive owners. :-) We promise that the major upgrade to version 2.0 will have a very friendly price, though this ultimately depends on how much work we have to put into its development.

So 1.2 release will be the one that it is like now just with some minor fixes ect and you will move after that to Hive 2 witch will have a totaly new GUI ? will v2 be using same DLL (aka backwards compatible)?

Sounds like a good plan to me, once as Elektronisch asked it is indeed backward compatible.
rsp
sound sculptist

Yes, fully backward compatible.

The original plan for Hive 1.2 was "new browser, NKS and new waveforms". The whole thing has become a lot bigger instead, and NKS in particular takes much extra time. A new GUI was always discussed and seems a necessity down the road. That new GUI is very mature, but it has free spots for a couple of features we simply can't squeeze in now.

Elektronisch: TBH I don't think the wavetable capability (plus presets) and the new browser count as as "just some minor fixes etc.".
Last edited by Howard on Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

:tu:

good plan!

Sounds good to me. The wavetables basically transform Hive into a completely new synth already, so I'd say that's enough reason for an update :) :tu:

Howard wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:18 pm Elektronisch: TBH I don't think the wavetable capability (plus presets) and the new browser count as as "just some minor fixes etc.".
I think he may have considered that in the ect (sic) :)
rsp
sound sculptist

Urs wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:18 pm The whole thing has become a lot bigger instead…
This is normal for u-he :party:

On top of fixes (from recent tech preview): We've actually hired a small army of preset designers to showcase the wavetables. But they only have just over two weeks of time, so we can't possibly reach the amount of factory presets we think Hive's wavetable engine deserves, this year. We wish to give them more time and a few more features for what we think is justified.

As long as cowbell wavetables are provided, that's fine with me.

Sounds good Urs, but the 'some time next year' needs to really be nailed down. The problem with the 'plus a whole heap of more recent ideas!' philosophy is that it becomes a never ending wish-list .... and to be blunt, we end up with another Zebra3 :wink:

Call it 'tough love' :D

We can't help it! :help:

Urs wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:02 pmWhat do you think?
I think you know what's best far better than we do. So your plan sounds good to me.

Whatever happens, my love for Hive will not diminish. :)
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Sounds good here. I need the time to investigate the scripting madness. *evil scientist smiley*
:hyper: M O N O S Y N T H S F O R E V E R :hyper:

Return to “u-he”