Any update or info on Howard's Bazille Cookbook?

Official support for: u-he.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Seems many months (years?) ago that I heard about a new preset bank and "cookbook" coming for Bazille from Howard... there are hints popping up in various threads on here, but no solid info...is this still happening?

Bazille is my favorite soft-synth and I've never learned more about synth sound design than I did from reverse engineering Howard's patches in the Bazille factory, so naturally I'm hungry for more!

cheers,
-M

I did a video interview about the Cookbook today while at u-he "towers" in Berlin - so no worries, it will be coming soon enough! :-)

Yeah, I honestly would love to see something like this. Every time I think I "get" Bazille, I open a patch and realize this thing goes beyond understanding.

Where will I find updates about this book?

Sorry, we had a "development hiccup" here. The cookbook uses features which are not yet released in the current version of Bazille. So the cookbook won't be released until Bazille got a full update (tagged browser, NKS...)

Urs wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 2:37 pm Sorry, we had a "development hiccup" here. The cookbook uses features which are not yet released in the current version of Bazille. So the cookbook won't be released until Bazille got a full update (tagged browser, NKS...)
Well if this isn't a "good news, bad news" sort of post. I am excited to hear that Bazille will still be getting new features. as well as a focused cookbook to go with them. That really is great news..... other than I have to wait for both.

Thanks!

Any news on this one? Would be so nice to finally get a glimpse into the cookbook.
Everyone knows more than I do...

operator wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 6:34 pm Any news on this one? Would be so nice to finally get a glimpse into the cookbook.
As we said, the problem was a missing feature. This feature is in the beta versions available in Bazille beta threads. But it's not been released unfortunately because I broke the LFO in Bazille after we upgrading it for Uhbik. Once the LFO is fixed (probably after my vacation, probably Q2), we'll release the Bazille update and work on the Cookbook. But as Bazille now has tagged presets, we'll need to tag the Cookbook presets as well, which typically takes a few weeks and may collide with other things that have to be done as well. I reckon end of Q2, early Q3 is a realistic goal for the cookbook release.

Hey there, just out of curiosity, where did this ever end up going?

It's actually nearing completion. I've gotten a lot of work done in our current Sprint (that's a two-week slice of prioritized work). All outstanding issues are fixed. Yay!

Bazille Sprint.jpg

I suppose we'll update the current beta soon, but we have to decide whether to wait for Apple platform support or do a two-step release.

In other words, what's holding us back from just publishing a new Bazille beta (or Release Candidate even) is that we're currently switching our Mac development over to new systems. Which - apart from a busy engineer hacking away - might need extra testing before we can roll things out. For which we've ordered a bunch of new Macs with their funky M1 chip, which will hopefully arrive next week.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Great news then. Can't wait for the Bazille update / LFO fixes / cookbook.
Computer musician / Ableton Certified Trainer / Mastering engineer
.com
3OP

Dare we say by new year Urs ? Cheers

The guys are working on a schedule. Looks like a Hive soundset, Cookbook and Bazille 1.1.1 might make early December.

(Can't release anything over BF even if we don't do anything, and before is a bit tight as we try to rush a beta for Bazille in a week or two)

How are you going to distribute it?
Urs wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 11:46 am Image
There should be jira align image with Bazille Cookbook epic =)
Murderous duck!

It's gonna be a pdf accompanied by a lot of presets...

Also, I think we need to bite the bullet and update JIRA already... got too stuck in "never change a running system"...

Urs wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 9:01 pm Also, I think we need to bite the bullet and update JIRA already... got too stuck in "never change a running system"...
Well if you don't need new features and you're experiencing no issues with current I advise you to stay your ground. Jira update could be pita.
Last edited by david.beholder on Fri Nov 13, 2020 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Murderous duck!

Return to “u-he”