Orchestral Essence, an orchestral/hybrid soundset for zebra

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Zebra

This is great !

I will purchase this bank as soon as you have managed to pack the old an new variants in the bundle.
How will future updates be distributed ? I think you said future improvments will be free of charge for existing users, right ?

Regards, Anders

Thanks Subarumannen.

Yes, everything is done via gumroad by now. There is an update system that informs by email when there is an update for existing users.

Yes, If there is enough interest! :) I dont know how much time I will be updating it, as I do many things not only sounddesign but when time permits I usually spend 4 or 5 hours tweaking and trying new things and fixing stuff.

With relation to the bank, I should say its a synth afterall(although the best one there is) so you can't expect absolute realistic sound, but given the limitations I think it sounds good enough for general purposes.

Its not very expensive(20€)(yes Im a bad sales man :D) and Its pure synthesis so... well I should say it depends on the hands of the musician, orchestration, ear...everything.

The moment I put everything together I will inform here. Whatever you need, there is a mail attached on the receipt, so you can ask me questions or support(or by here). Im happy to help.

Regards.

Any news?

Just so you know im still tweaking my *** off the bank. Those are the Main changes lately:

-Im testing replacing completely the violins sections with new ones I made. Im testing a legato effect that sound pretty good in comparison to real ones.

-added some aggressive scratchy string sections patches for more punch.

-Marcato patches I recently added sound very good for fast agile staccato melodies.

-Trumpets were remade to add more bite and subtlety and now they are a bit more realistic and divides into general ones and "orchestral" ones.

-French horns now sound really more defined and in tone. Trombones i think are a bit better now.

-Harps remade, now It sounds extremely clóse to real ones. You Will be judging by ear ;).

-remade the violas and cellos. And still tweaking.

-Fixed all percussion instruments.

-Flutes, even original ones were good now they are improved. Still tweaking.

-many general fixes.

-forgot to add tips (i Will)about usage that can improve the mix like enhacers, eqs, stereo stuff, reverbs, transients, etc. This is valid for everything in music.

-and lastly, checking volumes and controls as I may change Things in this department as I improve as a designer.

Went from 90 patches to more than 128. Only now the bank is starting to sound more realistic but I want to push It farther. When this part is done I Will update. As music is not my Main work I go slowly but surely and I ask for a bit of patience. Good stuff takes time.

Soon I Will make a video showing a lot of the stuff added and new demos.

As a curiosity un looking at the possibility of doing a bank for jazz stuff or choirs all pure zebra ;) but not enough time(Who knows?).

I would also like to thank all the people and ask you to test the bank on your compositions, and of course suggest improvements or ask questions. Im open ears.

About updates It will always be free as always and a work in progress.

Lastly would like to thank u-he crew for an incredible synth.

Regards all.

Kel wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 5:55 pm Just so you know im still tweaking my *** off the bank. Those are the Main changes lately:

-Im testing replacing completely the violins sections with new ones I made. Im testing a legato effect that sound pretty good in comparison to real ones.

-added some aggressive scratchy string sections patches for more punch.

-Marcato patches I recently added sound very good for fast agile staccato melodies.

-Trumpets were remade to add more bite and subtlety and now they are a bit more realistic and divides into general ones and "orchestral" ones.

-French horns now sound really more defined and in tone. Trombones i think are a bit better now.

-Harps remade, now It sounds extremely clóse to real ones. You Will be judging by ear ;).

-remade the violas and cellos. And still tweaking.

-Fixed all percussion instruments.

-Flutes, even original ones were good now they are improved. Still tweaking.

-many general fixes.

-forgot to add tips (i Will)about usage that can improve the mix like enhacers, eqs, stereo stuff, reverbs, transients, etc. This is valid for everything in music.

-and lastly, checking volumes and controls as I may change Things in this department as I improve as a designer.

Went from 90 patches to more than 128. Only now the bank is starting to sound more realistic but I want to push It farther. When this part is done I Will update. As music is not my Main work I go slowly but surely and I ask for a bit of patience. Good stuff takes time.

Soon I Will make a video showing a lot of the stuff added and new demos.

As a curiosity un looking at the possibility of doing a bank for jazz stuff or choirs all pure zebra ;) but not enough time(Who knows?).

I would also like to thank all the people and ask you to test the bank on your compositions, and of course suggest improvements or ask questions. Im open ears.

About updates It will always be free as always and a work in progress.

Lastly would like to thank u-he crew for an incredible synth.

Regards all.
Sounds promising. Thank YOU.

Rock!

Kel wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 5:55 pm Just so you know im still tweaking my *** off the bank. Those are the Main changes lately:
You certainly make it 'sound' really good ! 8)

So I picked this up to see how far you had taken things.

It sounds great. :)

I like the super low FX approach. You can work with the initial timbre well while personalizing it. I like using it with the NuRev module...it glitters!

- Corin

Im flattered, esgalachoir.

Now just wait a bit for the new version of the bank, its taking time but i've taken It further. You Will like It yet more. Im testing to emulate legato and its going well(for a synth).

Now im going to include staccato, sustains, shorts, cresc. And decrescendos in all patches. If legato works well , Will take a bit more time.

Thanks a lot for the support. Im Happy you like It. Next week i Hope to release.

Warm regards.

Kel wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:23 am Im flattered, esgalachoir.

Now just wait a bit for the new version of the bank, its taking time but i've taken It further. You Will like It yet more. Im testing to emulate legato and its going well(for a synth).

Now im going to include staccato, sustains, shorts, cresc. And decrescendos in all patches. If legato works well , Will take a bit more time.

Thanks a lot for the support. Im Happy you like It. Next week i Hope to release.

Warm regards.
:)

Hope your efforts are going well. Looking forward to seeing what you've done!

- Corin

Made a new sketch, demoing new french horns and orchestral trumpets...

Still work to do, but I think its aceptable. I will upload a preliminar version in a few days so you can use the new bank, as it is a vast improvement over the old one, like a completely revamped version and not only optimization.

I Did legato trumpets (the one on the demo is legato, but just a small bit) and I will upload a demo showing it, its not a very accented legato but you can change curves etc at taste.

Im Still on legato strings, they are a hell to do. I have to do string harmonics, Windchimes, Tamtams, contrabass which I forgot and improve the rest of things.

Cheers all and thank you for the support.

pd. Its from startrek 4(voyage home theme) but soundcloud censors if you put film scores. Its for demo purposes only. Midi untouched.

https://soundcloud.com/ruberboy/zebra-demotest3

Great work! And great choice of reference material. That score was a bit of a departure for Trek, but still so musical and lively.

Some food for thought here regarding brass (found on the vi:control forum)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont ... O91xhbVf9c

Just so you know(bump).
Im almost ready with the updated bank. Many changes ahead.

Sorry for the long time but It was worth the wait. I've been busy with my day work but trying to get 1 hour Minimum for working with the bank(improvements etc).

Soon I'll let you know about the new versión.
Warm regards.

Thanks for information :)

Merry Christmas all!

I have not yet finished the last update of the bank, but I will upload the new bank in a beta state but fully functional (except the controls) this way you can get an idea of the new sound. Probably this weekend when I have time.

Warm regards.

Return to “u-he”