Orchestral Essence, an orchestral/hybrid soundset for zebra

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Zebra

Small string section test. I think it sounds cool. I have to choose all the final patches, as I have a lot of provisional ones just for combining sections.
Warm regards.

https://soundcloud.com/ruberboy/string-section-test1

Pd. If you find It a bit boxy dont worry, there are about a dozen combinations for sections, like Tiny vibrating Strings, harsh, fm'ed, etc. Depending on combination Will sound boxy, full, resonant,etc.

nice... worthwhile efforts.

regards,
tl.

Spent some days on percussion (not easy).

Almost done for all the little things I wanted to add but forgot! The percussion part is comprised of: Taikos, Timpani, Gongs , Tam-tam, Crash cymbals, kicks and snares.

Here is a small demonstration of the gongs (yes I Suck at composing...). If you play in chord mode on your keyboard it sounds richer(more harmonics). There are several gong patches (sonically different).

https://soundcloud.com/ruberboy/zebra_gongs

Sounds nice. It's coming along great!
Demo/soundtrack work: https://soundcloud.com/antaln
My post/prog rock band: http://www.sylvium.com

Thanks Evil.

One thing i forgot to say is that the bank is made for independent parts, that way sections sounds more organic.

Another is that MIDI orchestration skills, automation and mixing can improve all the patches in a perfomance, eventhough I tried to make them as responsive and organic as possible. There are patches variations with xy pads on attack, expression, volume, etc. for things like legato phrasing, crescendos, diminuendos, etc. and all those things that require daw work.

Im too experimenting with spectroblend, resolution and fx modes, round Robin, harmonic movement, etc. But all that will have to wait to a possible vol. 2, if enough interest provided.

On percussive patches I managed to create realistic Crash cymbals, really good sounding timpani and taikos, still some more in the way(tamtams, bongos, you name it) and i didnt forget mallets or windchimes ;).

As you can say no easy task and for very cheap price(hint, hint) for an emulation of more than 25 orchestra instruments for your favorite synth... And lets not forget, tweakable as needed, as all is pure synthesis and lastly I would not release a product I would not use and its a labour of passion after all. The bank is three times smaller now because of all the badly done things I redid. Im approaching 120 'useable' patches now.

Warm Regards and Hope to finish soon.

Hi all!

Im almost finished on winds. This is a small flute test (just a bit of velocity changes, no Curves no nothing)... if you are as old as I am you will know the game ;). The flutes got a normal sustain flute and a soft(for legato passages) one. I think it sounds decent. Will keep you updated with all the instruments added lately.

Regards.

https://soundcloud.com/ruberboy/zebra-flute-patch

Good morning/afternoon.

At last! I finished the bank... Just to keep you informed it will be announced next week with information of where you can get it.

At the moment I dont think its going to change too much, this is the final state of the bank by instruments/patches, in total about 120 patches. Still tweaking XY and controls.
  • Brass: French horn, Trombone, Trumpet and Tuba.
  • Strings: Arp, String sections for Violins 1, Violins 2, Violas, Cellos and Contrabass, Pizzicato strings, Staccato strings, Shorts (many different ones), and some "sketch" single violins(usable).
  • Winds: Flute (various), Bassoon, Clarinets, English horn, oboe.
  • Mallets: Glockenspiel, Vibraphone. For now, I may include soon windchimes, xilophone, etc...
  • Percussion: Crash cymbals, Gongs, Taikos, Timpani. I may include more in the future
There are variations, like a jazzy trumpet or different instrument patches (tone, etc). I include all my Mseg curves (about 30). the Msegs are used in the instruments and can be combined for example there are Msegs for soft flute (legato) than can be used on other patches.

Will keep you updated. Warm regards.

Well shit, this sounds cool as $#¡+!

The bank is uploaded. there are 83 usable patches, and will be updated when I have time, for now here it is. https://gum.co/vEiGp

If you find any problem please dont hesitate to post here or contact me on the forum or the site, im happy to help.

Cool

Things I Forgot to add:

- mseg curves isolated for ease.(they are inside the patches at the the moment) Will fix asap, if needed make me know your email and i Will send It to you.

-some patches are mono by default, turn on to Poly (msegs too)as needed.

-there is no aftertouch, as my keyboard doesnt have It.

-there are no instructions yet, but patches only use mw and one or two xy pads.

All for now. I Will keep an eye on the thread. Thanks for your comprehension.

Lack of aftertouch is disappointing - very useful for expression - you'll have to sell loads of banks to pay for a decent keyboard, then update the patches ;)

Hi Kel, do you have a description you'd like to place on the PatchLib page for this set? Feel free to PM me what you'd like it to say. :)
Feel free to call me Brian.

aMUSEd wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:55 pm Lack of aftertouch is disappointing - very useful for expression - you'll have to sell loads of banks to pay for a decent keyboard, then update the patches ;)
Yes, I suppose. I Hear constantly the Battle on aftertouch yes/no so I dont know but I tried my best using many modulations ;). The purpose of the bank was to be a Bread and butter orchestral sounding inside zebra so that you have a bit more palette of this kind of sound.

In any case I dont think It Will sell loads but if It helps people to make music im Happy. The trumpets or flutes alone are worth it if you ask me.

Thanks to all the buyers in anycase, I Will send updates soon.( I work on It and other stuff so be patient).

Bmrzycki: I Will send all that soon, thanks for the interest.

Warm regards.

Working on an update today:

-Fixed staccatos punchiness.
-Fixed Velocity curves and Keyboard ranges for all instruments.
-Added Missing Msegs (40) on a new folder for ease.
-Fixed some inconsistencies.
-Added roundness and vibrato control to the flutes.

If you get very low volumes, check the modwheel... I dont know but sometimes it "disconnects" from zebra, just relink your CC1 in your daw and save your project, that should fix it(if it happens). You could this once for all instances and save as a template... but it depends on the DAW.

Updated bank(buyers look in your email!).
As always, work in progress.

Edit. By mistake I left a wrong violin section patch, Will fix Tomorrow morning. :)

Return to “u-he”