Why are Some Presets Placed in the Root Folders and Others in Sub-Folders?

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

So it seems that just about every U-he product will put some presets in the base preset sub-folder, while the vast majority of presets actually end up in categorized sub-folders. Why the difference? Are the base presets meant to be a sort of "best of" or "curated variety" of patches there for quick access? I used to think these were just holdover presets from betas, but that doesn't appear to be the case. Just curious why everything isn't placed in a folder I guess.

Base folder presets are supposed to be like quick show-off presets to get you going without digging deep.

Makes sense. I don't know why it bothers me, but every time I notice it, it does (a tiny bit). One day I'll take the time to categorize them and get them into the appropriate sub-folder (except the Init patch).

As far as I know they're all duplicates of presets in subfolders; in some u-he products, the prefixed author's initials have been removed from the preset names. You could just trash them. I'm also inexplicably irked by their existence, but I understand why u-he does it, and I'm sure others appreciate it.

btw wrote:As far as I know they're all duplicates of presets in subfolders; in some u-he products, the prefixed author's initials have been removed from the preset names. ...................
This!!
They are indeed there in subcategories...

rsp
sound sculptist

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote:I don't know why it bothers me, but every time I notice it, it does (a tiny bit).
Then simply delete them :-). As others have noted, they are duplicates.

Didn't know they were duplicates. Yeah, will clean them up. Thanks everyone!

Careful though, this does not apply to Zebra2, where the root folder contains unique ones not available via the subcategories.
Also the FX plugins up to and including Presswerk/Satin can have unique presets in the root area.

Viktor
u-he team

Is there a list of non-duplicates somewhere? :)

EvilDragon wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:06 am Is there a list of non-duplicates somewhere? :)
IIRC Zebra2's 'Local' root directory contains all unique presets, while in the other u-he plug-ins they are all duplicates of presets in the subdirectories. Viktor will know for sure.

Maybe for further updates move all presets only to sub folders and use one of the favorite categories to highlight the categories that are currently at the root. It would also showcase the favourite function :)

Return to “u-he”