u-he Colour Copy 1.0 - release candidate

Official support for: u-he.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

killmaster wrote:Looks great! Thanks for the presets!!! please please glide on the key ctrl!
Please; a knob to set the glide speed. From 0ms to whatever ;)

Bought it yesterday, slammed it on some 1/16th note half-muted guitar tracks, BAM, instant Pink Floyd! I never imagined just changing the delay would make such a big difference (I had Logic’s Tape Delay there before), but it certainly did. Now I can’t get enough of the sound...

My only wish so far, as suggested elsewhere too: dedicated LP & HP filters for further defining the delay sound. The colour & brightness knobs are great for ”fuzzy” sound sculpting, but in addition I’d also like to set specific LP & HP cutoff frequencies. Of course I can easily do this with another plugin, so it’s definitely not a dealbreaker. But if I have CC as an insert effect, it would be nice to be able to do some surgical filtering right inside the plugin.

Captain wrote: dedicated LP & HP filters for further defining the delay sound.
Yes, I really would like a but more features for dubish delay sounds, better filters e.g. are good tweakable band-pass filter (so a LP&HP filter...) in the wet delay is a minimum needed feature for this kind of sounds.

Would be even better when you would have a simple lfo to modulate this filter ( i.e the band width). Thats a part that is very week in color copy tbh. This is the only thing which still makes me not buying color copy so far, because I mostly use this kind of sounds.
Captain wrote:Of course I can easily do this with another plugin, so it’s definitely not a dealbreaker. But if I have CC as an insert effect, it would be nice to be able to do some surgical filtering right inside the plugin.
I don't think so, because it's a major hassle to use color copy just 100% wet to add filters in the day and add thy dry signal also in the DAW again.

Color copy is a great plugin of course, I love uhe stuff. But no advanced filters in the delay part are a dealbreaker this time for me at least.

Captain wrote:Of course I can easily do this with another plugin, so it’s definitely not a dealbreaker. But if I have CC as an insert effect, it would be nice to be able to do some surgical filtering right inside the plugin.
I don't think so, because it's a major hassle to use color copy just 100% wet to add filters in the day and add thy dry signal also in the DAW again.

Color copy is a great plugin of course, I love uhe stuff. But no advanced filters in the delay part are a dealbreaker this time for me at least.[/quote]

I would think it depends on the DAW... in Bitwig it takes a few seconds to do as you describe. But in the interest of reduced processing power and saving that little bit of time built in filters are always convenient.

What I often do nowadays is use delay as an insert effect on an audio/instrument track, and then run the whole thing into some channel strip with EQ/compression/saturation/whateverprocessing. I feel that this way the delay becomes part of the original sound and performance, rather than a typical effect added later during mixing. But if I do this on a single channel strip, there's no way to filter the delay separately, so it would be super nice to be able to do this...

The HP/LP filters built into the brightness knob are 1) always on (to some degree), and 2) actually interact with the color modes in varying ways (example, in one of the modes, the first delay tap is not LP filtered, but subsequent taps are). So doing the filtering outside of the plugin via a send/bus would just be adding filtering on top of the complex filtering setup that's already happening within the plugin.

I'd certainly welcome independent HP/LP filters in the plugin itself if it could be made to work without completely breaking the brightness knob, but as-is, the brightness knob already controls both and the interection with the colors are so complex that I think there's a very low likelihood of independent HP/LP filters being added. Plenty of other delays do that already so I'm completely fine with CoCo doing it's own thing and having a somewhat novel design. I mean, it'd be great if every plugin had every feature I could ever need in every single use-case, but that's not practical so I use different plugins for different tasks. Same here.

Edit 2: Sorry, did an installation error.

Hi!

Nice plugin, but I found an annoying glitch:
Switching presets while playing back a project in Cubase 9.5 causes Cubase to stop all playback of all audio channels. It's more or less the exact same reaction as when enabling/disabling (not bypassing) a plugin in the insert chain.

I am using VST3 64-bit.

There's a bug in FL Studio where the UI has white rectangles on it briefly when bringing its UI back into the foreground.

https://i.imgur.com/a4YlZrD.png

Thank you for yet another quality product.

My favorite delay.

double post, sorry ...!
Last edited by Krakatau on Sun Aug 05, 2018 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hi Folks !!!

Being a fan of sympathetic drones and alike, i've made this afternoon this small package of tuned delays, targeting from "A" to "G#_Ab" the entire palette of chromatic transpositions

To give you clear example of how it might sound, just listen to this short passage composed by Chris Squire as the ending part of his album "fish out of water" published in 1975

https://www.dropbox.com/home/Yahoo!%20M ... 7s_end.mp3

(you might need to open a new window with this link as I experienced)

the twelve presets (one for each tone) :

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qs1hmaegmf5io ... s.zip?dl=0

it seems that the BBD emulation fits very well with this effect, warm and pleasing sound, enjoy !

cnt wrote:Switching presets while playing back a project in Cubase 9.5 causes Cubase to stop all playback of all audio channels. It's more or less the exact same reaction as when enabling/disabling (not bypassing) a plugin in the insert chain.
I am using VST3 64-bit.
That's a Cubase quirk, actually, and not a bug in our plugin. Whenever a plugin reports a changed latency, Cubase will update the plugin delay compensation. This leads to a short audio dropout. With VST2, this will only happen if the latency value really changed, but with VST3, Cubase does this compensation update, no matter if the latency changed or not. But we will try to improve the latency reporting of ColourCopy, so that this happens less often. In the meantime, you can use the VST2 version to avoid the issue.
That QA guy from planet u-he.

Captain wrote:My only wish so far, as suggested elsewhere too: dedicated LP & HP filters for further defining the delay sound.
My thoughts as well.

Silaris wrote:
Captain wrote:My only wish so far, as suggested elsewhere too: dedicated LP & HP filters for further defining the delay sound.
My thoughts as well.
+1

Return to “u-he”