u-he Colour Copy 1.0 - release candidate

Official support for: u-he.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi everybody,

today we are proudly presenting the Colour Copy 1.0 release candidate.

We got lots of great feedback (no pun intended) from the public beta.
Since then we incorporated some of those requests, added some bits and bobs here and there, ironed out some bugs, and made CoCo even prettier than she already was.

So now we have a fresh new version for you, with factory presets, and NKS support included.
If nothing goes wrong (knock on a coconut), this will be the final release version.

We are aiming for a release on the 14th of August.

Download Links:

Colour Copy 1.0 RC 7667 Mac (AAX/AU/VST2/VST3/NKS)
Colour Copy 1.0 RC 7667 Win (AAX/VST2/VST3/NKS)

Note: Linux version tba

Temporary public beta serial (expires in a few weeks):

user name: beta tester
serial: B1UPT-DTNQ-AA9M-5XQ6-VKTA

Introductory Offer: 49€ (final price will be €69 when released as V1.0 on August 14th)

- click here to buy now -

Changelog since revision 7554

Here is an overview of what we were working on since the public beta version:

* Fixed - Freeze button graphics showed wrong state after using preset browser
* Fixed - HQ mode resulted in slight sound change with very small delay times (latency issue)
* Fixed - Switching presets with HQ activated could cause a volume spike
* Fixed - Option to 'enter non-beta serial number' is showing up again in main display
* Fixed - Pitchbend was not working in AU version
* Fixed - VST2 was not working in Wavelab

* New sticker label feature (à la Presswerk)
* New makeup button to inverse-link input and output gain parameters
* New amp ducking mode for more traditional ducking

* Adjusted Mix parameter for finer scaling in lower regions
* Adjusted the fade time of the Panic button
* Improved drag&drop behaviour in preset browser
* Renamed a bunch of parameters
* Added names for the colour types
* Mod LEDs running smoother now
* Additional GUI polishing

* Added factory presets
* Added NKS compatibility
* Updated manual
Last edited by tasmaniandevil on Thu Aug 02, 2018 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
That QA guy from planet u-he.

Thanks, and now Howard's fix works :)
rsp
sound sculptist

Sounds fantastic; I am using it for nearly everything. It's such a delightfully unobtrusive yet full sound. Thank you all.

Only a couple small errors in the manual, that I noticed:
On page 8, under FREEZE—"The same option also silences rnormal egenerating delays"
On page 9, under RESO—"It’s wide working range but low ceilinghelps prevent resonance build-up without adding too much distortion."
under FUZZ—"This colour has several unique characteristics, for instance that filter the cutoff depends on the Rate."

By the way!
Note: Under certain conditions e.g. heavily modulating the tap positions while applying heavy DYN, the compander can cause serious peaks in the delay buffer. If you notice this effect, try turning SATURATION down a little.
I discovered this behaviour by accident—without understanding how I got it—when I was first experimenting with CC. An echo slowly morphed itself into a weird kind of 'heart-beat' effect, which I liked the sound of so much I left it in the track I was working on. :]
Last edited by sleepcircle on Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tasmaniandevil wrote:If nothing goes wrong (knock on a coconut), this will be the final release version.
Shouldn't the knobs be coconuts?
:hyper: M O N O S Y N T H S F O R E V E R :hyper:

Looks great! Thanks for the presets!!! please please glide on the key ctrl!

Congrats on the RC! I like the colour names, as suggested by the winner, but I like "Spark" better than "Sparkle". It's also shorter, making it visually better by aligning with the rest of the names.

kodnin wrote:Congrats on the RC! I like the colour names, as suggested by the winner, but I like "Spark" better than "Sparkle". It's also shorter, making it visually better by aligning with the rest of the names.
But Spark infers a quite different meaning to Sparkle for native english speakers
Amazon: why not use an alternative

Key Control:

When releasing a midi key the delay rate is also reset to the nominal value.
This may lead to a "release click" to the tone.

Is this intended? Wouln't it be better to only respond to note-ON ?

Chris

Chris-S wrote:Key Control:

When releasing a midi key the delay rate is also reset to the nominal value.
This may lead to a "release click" to the tone.

Is this intended? Wouln't it be better to only respond to note-ON ?

Chris
Mhh, the implemented behavior is basically that of a mono synth. The rate changes with note on's. When you play two notes, and release the second, rate jumps from the released second note back to the still held first note. This is the only scenario where the rate changes on note off but that's intended. Might be worth adding a switch for that legato behavior in an update or something.

great :)

oh man, the flanger and chorus effect presets are siiiiiiiiick

great job!!!
But then a strange fear gripped me
and I just couldn't ask....

Not sure if this happened on the previous beta, but it seems to give off a constant quiet white noise?

Is it because the 'vintage' noise floor is turned on, or something else?

Ah yes was just going to say, found it :)

Hello,

great plugin, love the smooth sound. It nails wonderfully the right amount of parameters and versatility.

One thing I would love to see enhanced- since it's a great new feature - the timing (off/fast/medium/slow switch) of the ducking as a knob so I can blend the rythmic modulation of the feedback perfectly to the music. Especially on drums I wished a little bit more fast modulation capability. Any chance?

Return to “u-he”