Hive 1.1 latest build - revision 7485

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Plus Hive can set the number of Osc unison voices from 1-16... Zebra it is 1, 2, 4 and 11

If you do the dinosaur cross grade ($50 off) and get Zebra HZ, you get Z3 for free when it comes out. (Which is not cheaper than Hive, but cheaper than... )

I find Hive's filters to have a pronounced bright metallic tone that is unique.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote:...and $50 cheaper (which may get even wider when Z3 is eventually released).

Some people just want something fast and efficient and don't want be bothered with complex synths with modular architectures.

Will there be wavetable WAV file export? uhm is a very powerful wavetable generation language and I'd like to be able to use the wavetables in other synths (particularly a MicroMonsta). It would maintain the spirit of Serum's parser which provides several export options.

yellowmix wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:04 am Will there be wavetable WAV file export? uhm is a very powerful wavetable generation language and I'd like to be able to use the wavetables in other synths (particularly a MicroMonsta). It would maintain the spirit of Serum's parser which provides several export options.
Yes, there'll be .wav export. Use your creations in any synth that reads them 8)

Great to hear! Thank you.

Urs wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:18 am
yellowmix wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:04 am Will there be wavetable WAV file export? uhm is a very powerful wavetable generation language and I'd like to be able to use the wavetables in other synths (particularly a MicroMonsta). It would maintain the spirit of Serum's parser which provides several export options.
Yes, there'll be .wav export. Use your creations in any synth that reads them 8)
In a similar vein, what about OSC support for Zebra? I'm imaging someone exporting a Hive .uhm wavetable and wanting to bring it in to Zebra. If the latter doesn't get .uhm support, they'd first have to go to a tool like Wav2Zebra to use the wavetable. Outputting some kind of Zebra compatible wavetable or ZebraOSC would be nice if not outright .uhm support.

Note: I only ask because I recall a statement a few weeks back saying Zebra wouldn't get .uhm support. Thanks in advance!

I've been thinking about this a lot. Uhm/wav support for Zebra (2) would only work without editing options. Import into the existing Wavetable system would lose a lot of information.

Urs wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:13 pm I've been thinking about this a lot. Uhm/wav support for Zebra (2) would only work without editing options. Import into the existing Wavetable system would lose a lot of information.
Understandable. Maybe best laid to rest until Z3 then rather than trying to show horn a solution into Z2. Thanks!

Any news on NKS?

pretty please?

NKS is slated for Hive 2.0 update.

EvilDragon wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:19 am NKS is slated for Hive 2.0 update.
Sorry if I missed the info, but is there an approximate release date for 2.0?

Examigan wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:28 pm
EvilDragon wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:19 am NKS is slated for Hive 2.0 update.
Sorry if I missed the info, but is there an approximate release date for 2.0?
Q1 2019

Last edited by lofty on Sun Dec 20, 2020 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lofty wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 1:56 pm V.likely just user error at this end but on a Mac and trying to follow the instructions and latest builds on this threads doesn’t let me see the wave table pop-up. I have the option to select WT but then I cannot see the “click here” feature as illustrated to show the wavetable window
The version posted here is the "official" latest build stable-but-not-official hotfix update of Hive for macOS High Sierra. It does not contain new beta features.

The "inofficial" technology preview version of Hive which contains new wavetable features but is not considered production strength stability is here:

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=511390

lofty wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 1:56 pm V.likely just user error at this end but on a Mac and trying to follow the instructions and latest builds on this threads doesn’t let me see the wave table pop-up. I have the option to select WT but then I cannot see the “click here” feature as illustrated to show the wavetable window
When you select wavetable in oscillator an Edit button appear, click on that
and the wavetable window will open in the hexagon
- Sorry - It is not valid for revision 7485, I was thinking an other beta build number.

Return to “u-he”