Hive 1.1 latest build - revision 7485

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

ionekvr wrote:Guys, I wasn't advocating for charging for point updates like 1.1 -> 1.2 -- Hive hasn't hit the same kind of milestone lifespan that Zebra has of course. What I was suggesting was that U-he keep the *current* business plan of generous updates, but then, after an appropriate period of time, to not be afraid of charging for updates. As in the case of Zebra 2 -> 3 is an obvious one, maybe even passed due. I mean, come on, at 10-ish years, I think he can charge for updates. So I'm not suggesting they do "expensive updates" or charge for point updates or charge for little things. Hope that clears things up. So I think 1.1 -> 1.2 should be free, it fits his existing model, and if that wasn't clear, apologies.

And my exact statement was: "After all, some of your plugins have had a really long lifespan, which is really appreciated, but after 10-ish years on some of them (including creative improvements along the way), it's really okay to charge an upgrade fee IMO"

EDIT: And BTW, I totally understand people aren't made of money. Every purchase counts for me, personally, so I completely respect that point of view. But I also understand that U-he represents a tremendous value when you calculate that his plugins continually get improvements for a very long time, which is NOT that common with his competitors.
Correct, U-he products represents a tremendous value which all includes, at the price point, good customer care, after sales service ( which includes point updates and maintenance updates), reliability of the product, sound quality, stability but this all comes at a price.. that which many people do pay and I have had a few of the competition synths that I have bought at a lower price but effectively stopped using it due to the point updates being charged for. ... the very same developers synths has also dropped their market value by following this business model as people perceive that after a few point updates that was forced on them to pay that it made their existing synths worthless if they did not update it all and so the synths eventually have no resale value. Remember if you buy U-He products at the asking price then they aren't cheap.. but they represent great value in the long term and also their perceived value remains high as many people do when they are bought and sold here on kvr in the secondhand market

Any updates :) ?

mkruse wrote:Any updates :) ?
Working on a preliminary version for wavetable design to publish. Or, as someone put it, we're making our easy synth super attractive to the geek crowd. This week I hope.

Urs wrote:
mkruse wrote:Any updates :) ?
Working on a preliminary version for wavetable design to publish. Or, as someone put it, we're making our easy synth super attractive to the geek crowd. This week I hope.
:party:

And the OSC-> wavetable tool for Zebra 2.8 or Zebrallette? Any EtA on this yet Urs?

surreal wrote:And the OSC-> wavetable tool for Zebra 2.8 or Zebrallette? Any EtA on this yet Urs?
Z2.8 only for now, part of the package.

Nice!

pdxindy wrote:1 Osc in Hive... ahem :wink: :love:

https://dandelionaudio.com/sound/HiveWT1.mp3
That sounds pretty damn cool. :tu:

Urs show us some skin, Skins I mean. :oops:

pabloaldunate wrote:Urs show us some skin, Skins I mean. :oops:
Hehehe, sorry, we're currently working on the existing (blue) skin.

Hi Pdxindy, are you a beta tester?

Yes, he is. Obviously. :)

This morning I discovered a bugette in the Mod Matrix: If you select one of the "saturated" Curve modes, the range gets reduced.
Urs already fixed it, so any presets you guys ("y'all") made over the last few weeks that use a "saturated" curve will react a bit more to the modulation source after the next update. You can set modulation to "linear" until then. The "expanded" settings are not affected :-)

Sounds like an intergalactic sitar. Ommmmmm :tu:
:hyper: M O N O S Y N T H S F O R E V E R :hyper:

Return to “u-he”