Ableton Live 10.0.2: AU users, please update to 10.0.3

Official support for: u-he.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

aMUSEd wrote:
bafonso wrote:. Nowadays updating Osx is always a risk for professionals due to apple not having serious beta testing with creative professionals.
Having been a Logic beta tester this is ignorant nonsense.
I'm glad things have worked out for you for testing Apple's own Logic <sigh> Maybe it was not obvious I was referring to lower level hardware support and not in-house software. Many others have run into issues that Apple has simply not fixed. One of the most annoying to me is bug in the audio framework that plagued anyone with Metric Halo interfaces that needs to be addressed manually after every update. Right now there are bugs in the 10.12 regarding the USB Audio that are fixed in 10.13.x but did not get addressed in 10.12.x

Getting back on topic, you can see Live's release notes here: https://www.ableton.com/de/release-notes/live-10-beta/

You're the one that mentioned Logic, not hardware. So what was 'obvious' to you seems to depend on mind reading for anyone else.

Had forgotten how internet forums are about winning.

I've had major problems with 10.0.2 - crashes during preset changes, crashes while midi or key editing, crashes while reversing audio.

Mostly with preset changes though - for me it's analog lab 3.

I think it might be causing CPU spikes but could be wrong.

Also, I moved nearly all my plugins into a temporary folder elsewhere as I thought that something about upgrading to High Sierra (had to upgrade as was on Yosemite before, but now wish I'd gone to Sierra) might have made some of my plugins unstable. And when I moved Altiverb 7 back - AU - it no longer is recognised by Ableton. What a pain in the ass. Reinstalled it but only the VST is seen.

Something about that process has stopped it working.

A load of other plugins are no longer seen by Live - I thought it was just because they were out of date with High Sierra - but now I'm thinking it's just Live.

So update to 10.0.3 then?

It's still in beta.

Will be out soon. Most probably next week, maybe even this week. (Their latest beta was the Release Candidate)

tomuktomuktomuk wrote: A load of other plugins are no longer seen by Live - I thought it was just because they were out of date with High Sierra - but now I'm thinking it's just Live.
Apple (annoyingly) no longer recognizes AU plugins until you log out and log back in.

10.0.3 is finally here ! (in non-beta form)

Is it my imagination (it might be) that RePro5 uses a lot more CPU in 10.0.3 vs 10.0.2? I'm not sure why it would be, but my 2011 iMac (I know, I know) can't even handle 5 voices without dropouts since I upgraded Live.

Edit: I'm not claiming U-He did anything wrong here.

wbajzek wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 1:12 pm Is it my imagination (it might be) that RePro5 uses a lot more CPU in 10.0.3 vs 10.0.2? I'm not sure why it would be, but my 2011 iMac (I know, I know) can't even handle 5 voices without dropouts since I upgraded Live.

I would make a bug report as it likely affects other plugins.

bafonso wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 2:08 pm
wbajzek wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 1:12 pm Is it my imagination (it might be) that RePro5 uses a lot more CPU in 10.0.3 vs 10.0.2? I'm not sure why it would be, but my 2011 iMac (I know, I know) can't even handle 5 voices without dropouts since I upgraded Live.

I would make a bug report as it likely affects other plugins.
You could first check with the public beta 10.0.4b2, they fixed a lot of performance issues users had with the GUI. (Also affecting CPU usage)
Beta can be installed separately.

Code: Select all

10.0.4 Release Notes
New features and improvements:
Introduced Control Surface support for Novation SL mkIII
Reintroduced the ability of defining a custom path for the Max application in Live's preferences.

Bugfixes:
In combination with older GPUs, Live's splash screen and GUI might appear completely blank on Windows.
And it's still have GUI issues =)
Murderous duck!

Hi,
I'm having a problem since I installed Live 10 and Diva (never had that problem with Live 9).Live crash while swiching presets on Diva with the mouse, not each time but very frequently.If I send program changes no crash, never.I'm now on Live 10.0.5, MacbookPro 15 late 2012 running HighSierra.I know it's probably a Live bug but would like to know if anybody had this already.Thanks

I had no Crashs, but I'm not using presets often. You could try with the 10.0.6 beta which is public. I'm on win 10 though

Return to “u-he”