Ableton Live 10.0.2: AU users, please update to 10.0.3

Official support for: u-he.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

teilo wrote:FYI - the 10.0.3 beta has fixed this issue.
Thanks! - I updated the first post.

Is the Ableton website not compatible to Safari? It looks like someone from 1996 made it and got excited that pictures can be slapped over random places and forgot all about usability. I could not find a changelog or even the most basic info as to what the current version is, and the look of the site wasn't inviting to dig deeper.
Ableton Website.jpg
^^I mean... seriously? Is that cool now? I hope it's a rendering error...? What happened to their QA?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

10.0.3 is still just a beta, it's not officially released as stable version yet.

But did some quick checks and it looks quite good over here, at least so far.

* no more random sound changes
* no more crashes
* parameter automation of old projects (made with 10.0.1 or earlier) works again
That QA guy from planet u-he.

Urs you're so last decade you need to get with it. Haha I use Live and I like it...don't go to the website much but I kind of like it too. :D

You need to use google (obviously :hihi:) to find the ableton forum:
https://forum.ableton.com/

Current version info here:
https://forum.ableton.com/viewforum.php?f=1
https://www.ableton.com/en/release-notes/live-10-beta/
:hyper: M O N O S Y N T H S F O R E V E R :hyper:

i love Ableton. i'm almost married to Ableton. But shit like this (updates completely screwing up pre-existing sets, CPU issues and hardware integration) has been fairly recurrent since i bought it four years ago, and it's really making me take a good hard look at other options. i was not happy going back in to mix a song a week or so ago and find that my AUi settings wouldn't stay put, even without closing the session. And to find out they knew about the problem prior to releasing the update...that's just messed up.

Urs wrote:
teilo wrote:FYI - the 10.0.3 beta has fixed this issue.
Thanks! - I updated the first post.

Is the Ableton website not compatible to Safari? It looks like someone from 1996 made it and got excited that pictures can be slapped over random places and forgot all about usability. I could not find a changelog or even the most basic info as to what the current version is, and the look of the site wasn't inviting to dig deeper.
Ableton Website.jpg
^^I mean... seriously? Is that cool now? I hope it's a rendering error...? What happened to their QA?
same as the Softube website.
It must be the cool thing or something?

looks like a school power-point project
the graphic designer is having a laugh, surely

Holy crap. I thought it's maybe a bug, but the website really looks like that here in Chrome on Win 8.1 as well.

It really looks like some shit straight out of the 90s. It's only missing the dancing unicorn gifs in the corners.

Anyone with Live still having problems should try a preferences trash:
https://help.ableton.com/hc/en-us/artic ... reset-Live

And this thread on page 7 'jestermgee' has an interesting fix that might shed some light:
https://forum.ableton.com/viewtopic.php ... 3&start=90

Reading that thread it's interesting that some people have heaps of problems while others have none. I'm still on 9 but enjoy reading about people having problems. :cry: Thank you beta testers, you're great! :hihi: :hug:
:hyper: M O N O S Y N T H S F O R E V E R :hyper:

10.0.3b2 crashed on me yesterday while changing presets in Zebra2. It only seems to happen if I change them rapid fire, like when repeatedly tapping the down arrow in the preset browser. If I pause a bit, or try playing a preset in between selections, it doesn't seem to happen.

teilo wrote:10.0.3b2 crashed on me yesterday while changing presets in Zebra2. It only seems to happen if I change them rapid fire
Maybe try updating Live to the new 10.0.3b3, the RC version they released today.
While I was able to crash 10.0.3b2 by using your 'rapid fire' method :tu: , I so far could not break the 10.0.3b3 version. So it might finally be fixed now.

tasmaniandevil wrote:Maybe try updating Live to the new 10.0.3b3, the RC version they released today.
While I was able to crash 10.0.3b2 by using your 'rapid fire' method :tu: , I so far could not break the 10.0.3b3 version. So it might finally be fixed now.
Seems to be good now. I also couldn't make it crash.

10.0.3b3 has another major bug, at least on Windows. When loading big projects including Kontakt it brings Live into an infinite loop. I'd advise to wait for beta 4, I guess will be out this week.

my vst's are also very slow.. arturia to u-he i am getting a huge cpu load off of a single synth... and i have a 2016 macbook 2.9ghz i7 16 gb ram and a TB HD... don't understand. a couple weeks ago i could run 10 synths no problem

Stephendisario wrote:my vst's are also very slow.. arturia to u-he i am getting a huge cpu load off of a single synth... and i have a 2016 macbook 2.9ghz i7 16 gb ram and a TB HD... don't understand. a couple weeks ago i could run 10 synths no problem
That might not necessarily be caused by Ableton Live. Are you running on High Sierra, and maybe updated to version 10.13.4 or higher?
Since the 10.13.4 update was released, a number of DAW companies (e.g. Propellerhead, or Avid) have already warned their users against updating to this MacOS version, because of the serious performance issues it causes.

Why would you use AU plugins with Live? That's one of the main advantages over logic in my book. If you want stability just stay with a working live and OS version. Nowadays updating Osx is always a risk for professionals due to apple not having serious beta testing with creative professionals.

bafonso wrote:. Nowadays updating Osx is always a risk for professionals due to apple not having serious beta testing with creative professionals.
Having been a Logic beta tester this is ignorant nonsense.

Return to “u-he”