Custom skin for Tyrell n6 v3.0.3 "Plastic Skin" [UPDATED hi-res version]

Official support for: u-he.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

I like your skin.

Is it possible the sine wave doesn't seem a triangle wave? To the left of Shape 1. I try with Gimp but I'm not very good with graphics.

Antoine_G wrote:Hi,

I like your skin.

Is it possible the sine wave doesn't seem a triangle wave? To the left of Shape 1. I try with Gimp but I'm not very good with graphics.
Tyrell does not have Sine wave if im aware (by looking by default skin) also most of analog synths dont have since wave.

It's described page 15 from the manual:
https://www.amazona.de/wp-content/uploa ... G_v1.1.pdf
NOTE: The symbol inscribed on the leftmost position of both shape controls can be a bit
misleading. It bears visual resemblance to a triangle wave. In the case of the first oscillator, it’s actually a sine wave and in the case of the second one, a sawtooth wave

audiot wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 9:09 pm
akira2 wrote:Very nice Thank you !! :clap:

would be better without the amazona logo I think.

Also you made a little mistake with the osc 2, should be SAW and square shapes. (the original skin has the same error)

Good shapes here https://u-he.com/PatchLib/skins/Chris-S-Tyrell_Diva.jpg
Alright it's done! I have changed the waveform icon and uploaded the new version.

And about your comment with the amazona logo ... I dont know if it's legal to remove the logo ... or at least if it's fair, but I have made a special Edition including your comment :hihi: Regard it as a present for your help :party: :hihi:

Download Link:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2xi77ewsbngmj ... .png?raw=1
@Audiot: above download link brings me to a giant JPEG, not the skin files. Ist is still available ? Love yr design ! (but would also appreciate the one without amazona ;-))

audiot wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 9:31 amGreat :party: If you are coming from Gimp you will love it. I know Gimp ... i had it installed for 5 minutes :) For an open source project it's awesome, but the workflow and the interface is to choppy for me.
Really? I love GIMP's workflow, it's so quick and intuitive and everything is right where you need it. Mind you, it's probably 15 years since I used it so maybe it's got worse over time. I have both the Affinity applications but I don't like either of them. The workflow doesn't, they feel really clunky, even compared to Photoshop. I tired to get away form Photoshop but after 20 years I gave up. There is just no getting around the fact that I'll never know how to use anything else with the same intimate understanding as I have for it. But I'll never buy it again, CS6 works as well as the current version for my needs.
With Affinity photo you can now directly edit vetors in an image editing software - I think this is essential for UI design.
I go the other way - I use Xara Designer Pro X, which treats bitmaps like vector shapes. Doing everything in one application makes life really easy. I've been a Xara user for 20-odd years and it has grown into an extremely powerful thing. I gave up on Affinity a year or two ago and haven't had them installed for a while now.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

BONES wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:13 am
audiot wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 9:31 amGreat :party: If you are coming from Gimp you will love it. I know Gimp ... i had it installed for 5 minutes :) For an open source project it's awesome, but the workflow and the interface is to choppy for me.
Really? I love GIMP's workflow, it's so quick and intuitive and everything is right where you need it. Mind you, it's probably 15 years since I used it so maybe it's got worse over time. I have both the Affinity applications but I don't like either of them. The workflow doesn't, they feel really clunky, even compared to Photoshop. I tired to get away form Photoshop but after 20 years I gave up. There is just no getting around the fact that I'll never know how to use anything else with the same intimate understanding as I have for it. But I'll never buy it again, CS6 works as well as the current version for my needs.
With Affinity photo you can now directly edit vetors in an image editing software - I think this is essential for UI design.
I go the other way - I use Xara Designer Pro X, which treats bitmaps like vector shapes. Doing everything in one application makes life really easy. I've been a Xara user for 20-odd years and it has grown into an extremely powerful thing. I gave up on Affinity a year or two ago and haven't had them installed for a while now.
... I think it's a habituation thing. It tooked me some weeks to completly get used to affinity. And I know that the adobe stuff is still superior in a lot of aspects, but there are also a lot of aspects where affinity is superior. In the first weeks I often went back to photoshop for certain functions ... and do you know what I did? I just uninstalled photoshop and the other adobe stuff. The only one I kept is illustrator, but only for the automatic vectorization-functions. I know there's InkScape, but the automatic vectorization in illustartor is unmatched. Hmm ... this reminds me to search for some alternatives again. Maybe someone has released a good vectorization tool in the last months ...

I tried that, it didn't go too well. I've had the Affinity stuff for a while now, around three years, and for two of those years I didn't have Photoshop installed. I never got used to Affinity but I do 99% of everything in Xara, I only resort to Affinity/Photoshop when I need the magic wand tool or for really simple stuff, like converting a JPEG to PNG.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

Very nice looking skin :tu:

BONES wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 10:46 pm I tried that, it didn't go too well. I've had the Affinity stuff for a while now, around three years, and for two of those years I didn't have Photoshop installed. I never got used to Affinity but I do 99% of everything in Xara, I only resort to Affinity/Photoshop when I need the magic wand tool or for really simple stuff, like converting a JPEG to PNG.
How does Xara Photo designer compare to the full Photoshop (not elements). I don't care about 3d stuff but nice realistic brushes like in Artrage are a plus.

Affinity never worked for me either. I always go back to Photoshop but for personal use I'd like a cheaper package.

Very nice skin Audiot !

Stefken wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:51 amHow does Xara Photo designer compare to the full Photoshop (not elements). I don't care about 3d stuff but nice realistic brushes like in Artrage are a plus.
Xara is a vector art application, it only does a small but useful subset of what you can do in Photoshop. But it's great because it treats bitmaps like vectors once they are in there so you can use all the vector tools on them. It also has things like content-aware scaling and stuff like that, which you wouldn't expect of a vector application. It even used to support Photoshop plugins but they took that out a long time ago. You used to be able to do Flash animations, too, but that also went away at some point. It's been my go-to for more than 20 years and it is the first thing I install on a new machine.

BONES wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:20 am
Stefken wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:51 amHow does Xara Photo designer compare to the full Photoshop (not elements). I don't care about 3d stuff but nice realistic brushes like in Artrage are a plus.
Xara is a vector art application, it only does a small but useful subset of what you can do in Photoshop. But it's great because it treats bitmaps like vectors once they are in there so you can use all the vector tools on them. It also has things like content-aware scaling and stuff like that, which you wouldn't expect of a vector application. It even used to support Photoshop plugins but they took that out a long time ago. You used to be able to do Flash animations, too, but that also went away at some point. It's been my go-to for more than 20 years and it is the first thing I install on a new machine.
Sounds interesting! I will check out the demo version.

BONES wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 7:20 am
Thx. i'll check it out.
The cutout/background erase tool looks very nice on the site. We'll see how good it is in reality.

Hmm, Xara did not do it for me. The functionality for raster images is too limited.
What came much closer to Photoshop's functionality was Photoshop Elements :clown: .
You lose functionality (like the curve adjustment layer which I really need) but there is a hack :wink: to get a lot of the functionality back as it seems only to be hidden in Photoshop Elements.

FYI : This is also an interesting link for people looking for a raster image editor.
https://alternativeto.net/software/adobe-photoshop/

I never use Curves, I find it way too fiddly. I much prefer Levels, which is clinical and gets the job done much more cleanly for me. Overall, though, I don't like Adobe's colour correction tools. They are ancient and not very good compared to the stuff I got used to when I worked for Discreet Logic. Combustion is still my go-to for serious colour work.

Return to “u-he”