Custom skin for Tyrell n6 v3.0.3 "Plastic Skin" [UPDATED hi-res version]

Official support for: u-he.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

EDIT: This is the final version ... finally!!! The old knobs and faders were replaced because they looked blurry when the UI was enlarged. Thanks to Funkybot for helping me with the knob animations! :tu: If you dont like the knobs you can change them with affinity photo (if you have it / download link for project file below). The knobs are part of the background - only the white stripe is animated. The fader is a single image now (fader-head only) ... just replace it if you dont like it.

Issues:

The presetbrowser-button and the save-button is a bit too small, but the original skin has the same problem. I was not able to adjust the height of these buttons (the height value has no influence on it), so you have to click very precisely on these buttons.

I have a side project with a friend. We're using a lot of freeware and Tyrell is used in every project. I was never satisfied with the available skins and so I did my own. This is the first skin that I have done from scratch ... and it will be the last (too much work :? ). Respect to guys like Plugmon, Satyatunes, nbeat and all other VST-UI-designers for doing all these fantastic skins :tu:

The control positions are almost the same as in the "Tyrell Diva" skin (I used the textfile from that skin). I dont know who did this skin, but thanks for that :tu:

If it's to dark on your screen you can set up Gamma to 5 different settings in version 3.0.3. And there is a new modulation target system (didn't know about this ... I was on version v3.0 until yesterday). You can simply drag a line from "Matrix 1 Target" or "Matrix 2 Target" to the desired target ... amazing :hyper:

I know it's not perfect but I have given my best. Maybe some of you will like it:

Download-Link:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wwom8nib13v8w ... n.zip?dl=0

Installation:

Put the folder "Plastic Skin" from the ZIP into:
...\TyrellN6.data\Support\Themes\

Here is the Affinity-Document if someone has Affinity Photo and wants to do some changes or improvements to the UI:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/475ian6322pjt ... photo?dl=0

.. for the Affinty Document you need to download the fonts "Source Sans Pro" and "Roboto" from Google webfonts helper https://google-webfonts-helper.herokuapp.com/fonts. The font "Source Code Pro" is part of the Windows Library I think.
Last edited by audiot on Wed May 23, 2018 5:37 pm, edited 16 times in total.

Looks fantstic!

I think Urs should ask you for the rights to make this one a default skin. Truth to be told original one is quite ugly in a way that its a little bit hard to use :)

Also dont forget to add the waveshapes :wink:

Wow that's amazing ! Thanks so much for your hard work and generosity. :hug:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

That's a great looking skin. Nice job!

I know you're not really looking for feedback, but I checked it out and noticed it didn't scale up properly. Settings above 100% were very blurry. I was able to solve it very easily just by:

1. Open the Affinity Photo project
2. Resize the document (double it from 1200 pixels wide to 2400 pixels wide - keep the lock on to constrain proportions)
3. Export the file and overwrite the original background in the Panes folder

Now it looks just as good at 200% as it does at 100% without any blur.

Audiot, the above should only take a few minutes, but if you don't feel like doing it, I can send you the updated Affinity Photo file and/or the background png. You can PM me if you're interested.

Teksonik wrote:Wow that's amazing ! Thanks so much for your hard work and generosity. :hug:
+1

Well done! One of the best-looking Tyrell skins out there (especially for v3.0.3). Thank you very much, audiot.

Hey guys! I have uploaded a new version. I think I'm quite happy with the gui now ... damn perfectionism :dog: The knobs are new and less blurry - the old ones were making me seasick somehow. And the preset display looks better (the old one looked too artificial). All in all the gui looks a bit more realistic now. But these are the last changes I will make. I havent made music for two days now ... skin design is an extremly fiddly work :neutral:

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote:I know you're not really looking for feedback, but I checked it out and noticed it didn't scale up properly. Settings above 100% were very blurry. I was able to solve it very easily just by:

1. Open the Affinity Photo project
2. Resize the document (double it from 1200 pixels wide to 2400 pixels wide - keep the lock on to constrain proportions)
3. Export the file and overwrite the original background in the Panes folder

Now it looks just as good at 200% as it does at 100% without any blur.

Audiot, the above should only take a few minutes, but if you don't feel like doing it, I can send you the updated Affinity Photo file and/or the background png. You can PM me if you're interested.
Hey Funkybot ... thanks for the tip :tu: I completly forgot about the resize option. I doubled the size in the latest version, but it still looks a bit blurry when you enlarge the gui. I think a highres version would need some extra work, but I'm happy with it at the moment. Maybe I'll do it when I get some highres-screens in the future ... on my 1920 x 1200 screen it looks ok at 100%. I have also updated the affinity document if you want to make some changes. Best regards
Last edited by audiot on Mon May 21, 2018 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Elektronisch wrote:Looks fantstic!

I think Urs should ask you for the rights to make this one a default skin. Truth to be told original one is quite ugly in a way that its a little bit hard to use :)

Also dont forget to add the waveshapes :wink:
Thank you! The waveshapes are added in the latest version - I completly forgot them :tu:

Just another question to anybody that is more familiar with GUI skinning than me (tbh, I actually have almost no clue):

When I use Knobman to design knobs for Tyrell, what are the start and stop rotation values? Are they -140.00 and + 140.00?

e-musician wrote:Just another question to anybody that is more familiar with GUI skinning than me (tbh, I actually have almost no clue):

When I use Knobman to design knobs for Tyrell, what are the start and stop rotation values? Are they -140.00 and + 140.00?
I've been using 150 and it looks fine to me. Guess it's up to whoever to decide what works.

Thanks. Looks great.

Nice job!

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote:
e-musician wrote:Just another question to anybody that is more familiar with GUI skinning than me (tbh, I actually have almost no clue):

I've been using 150 and it looks fine to me. Guess it's up to whoever to decide what works.
Thanks, Funkybot's Evil Twin!

Love it!!! Great job & Thank you!
I read more than post = I listen more than I talk

Return to “u-he”