Zebra HZ v2.8 update. Any ETA yet?

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Any comment URS how involved Han's was with input and thoughts on update btw ?
Last edited by Black Synth Hoodie on Tue Oct 30, 2018 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

No comment.

disregard.
Last edited by Black Synth Hoodie on Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

<3 u-he

Successfully downloaded.

Had one crash in Logic 10.4.2/Sierra within 5 minutes of first installing when selecting a patch in browser. (perhaps library was still updating? as everything ok since)

ZHZ Instances Load much faster

Note old Blueish Zebra skin N/A any longer if you liked it.

No new patches showing off new features that I see ?
Last edited by Black Synth Hoodie on Wed Oct 31, 2018 3:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Black Synth Hoodie wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:25 am Successfully downloaded.

Had one crash in Logic 10.4.2/Sierra within 5 minutes of first installing when selecting a patch in browser.

There’s an update out?

Officially tomorrow. But if you request your licenses through the site tonight it's there now (Zebra HZ 2.8 build 7846
https://u-he.com/account/

From the website:
Apart from a sleek new look and the new searchable preset browser, ZebraHZ version 2.8 has more synthesis "grunt" than the previous version: First, we doubled the number of modulation matrix slots (now 24) and MSEGs (now 8) so you are unlikely to run out of those in a hurry!

ZebraHZ also inherits the wave folder modules and the plate reverb (NuRev) from the regular Zebra 2.8. With two fundamentally different reverb units you can not only set up more insteresting spaces, but dedicate one of them to e.g. emulating the body of an acoustic guitar.

Finally, the most recent special request from Hans: the 8 X/Y sources now appear in the list of modulators so you can use them as direct performance controls.

From the U-he readme
Changes in version 2.8
- new skin
- new preset browser with smart folders and search functions
- new Wavefolder modules
- added “NuRev” reverb module
- 24 modulation slots instead of 12
- 8 MSEGs instead of 4
- the X/Y pads also appear as modulation sources

simmo75 wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:48 am
Black Synth Hoodie wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:25 am Successfully downloaded.

Had one crash in Logic 10.4.2/Sierra within 5 minutes of first installing when selecting a patch in browser.

There’s an update out?
Last edited by Black Synth Hoodie on Wed Oct 31, 2018 5:05 am, edited 8 times in total.

Duplicate

I've gotten it to crash in Reason 10.2 on macOS 10.13.4

I was simply changing patches while playing when it crashed.

I never had an issue with it crashing prior to the update. Let me know if you need any other info.

[UPDATE] This is consistent with playing the preset, "Batpunk Seq+"
I can reproduce the crash every time I load this patch and try to play it
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by joeyluck on Wed Oct 31, 2018 5:45 am, edited 3 times in total.

Looks great, smooth to work in.

Where there any sonic updates ? Sounds wonderful.

Also, I don't see an option, at least not in the same place as Zebra2, to change the skin. The new one is nice, but I prefer the original. "Original" is an option with Zebra2, so I guess I was expecting it the same when updating ZebraHZ. Will this be an option? Or is it somewhere else I'm not looking? I'm looking under 'Preferences > Appearance' and I've tried control/right-clicking elsewhere on the GUI, but only see size options.

I'm on macOS, using the VST2.4 version.

joeyluck wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 5:24 am I've gotten it to crash in Reason 10.2 on macOS 10.13.4

I was simply changing patches while playing when it crashed.

I never had an issue with it crashing prior to the update. Let me know if you need any other info.

[UPDATE] This is consistent with playing the preset, "Batpunk Seq+"
I can reproduce the crash every time I load this patch and try to play it
So this crashes with many other presets. I no longer have the previous version because this had overwritten it, and I accidentally allowed this to overwrite my backup. Is there a way to get a link to download the previous version?

email support

Please contact support for issues. It's usually something simple like an old version still installed somewhere e.g. VST2 = old, AU = new, stuff like that.

joeyluck wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 5:37 am Also, I don't see an option, at least not in the same place as Zebra2, to change the skin. The new one is nice, but I prefer the original. "Original" is an option with Zebra2, so I guess I was expecting it the same when updating ZebraHZ. Will this be an option? Or is it somewhere else I'm not looking? I'm looking under 'Preferences > Appearance' and I've tried control/right-clicking elsewhere on the GUI, but only see size options.

I'm on macOS, using the VST2.4 version.
We have not updated the old skin I'm afraid...

Return to “u-he”