Zebra HZ v2.8 update. Any ETA yet?

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Black Synth Hoodie wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 7:05 pm Any comment URS how involved Han's was with input and thoughts on update btw ?
He needed the additional ModMatrix slots and MSEGs for Dunkirk. When he said that they had recreated the ticking of Mr. Nolan's pocket watch in a synthesizer, that's why. A lot of the rhythms and ratcheting in Dunkirk seems to happen by crossfading modulations between two or more MSEGs.

The new reverb came in about the same time, or maybe for Blade Runner.

Having the XYs as direct modulation sources was requested so he could use additonal MIDI Controllers for automation.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 2:27 pm I'm sure instructions on how to get the update will follow later today (once the site's been updated), but U-he's website includes a way to automatically request all of your U-he licenses in one go. You just pop in your email address, it does a lookup, and sends out your licenses.
We've added instructions on how to obtain the updated installer to the news item and article.
Cheers
Rob
u-he | Support | FAQ | Patch Library

#rob wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:50 am
Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 2:27 pm I'm sure instructions on how to get the update will follow later today (once the site's been updated), but U-he's website includes a way to automatically request all of your U-he licenses in one go. You just pop in your email address, it does a lookup, and sends out your licenses.
We've added instructions on how to obtain the updated installer to the news item and article.
I sent a request to support

EDIT: from screenshot at the page its really nice visual upgrade and also i like the idea alot to have all MSEGS under 1 tab in witch you can choose MSEGS. That way feels so much more organised.

Also why in HZ version Arp Ctrl is called instead of ARP/SEQ?

New skin visual look is clean and easy to work with. Better on older eyes. Do not be afraid to update.

Were there sonic improvements to the update ? Something sounds a little smoother to my ear ? Perhaps my imagination

Per U-he instructions be sure to also update your Zebra2 to most current version. No crashes since I did this.

How do you select the new reverb type btw I did not see it.

Will we get some new patches from Howie, TUC using the new features ?

Suggestion: Pin this thread now or start new one in Announcements at top of page.

Logic 10.4.2/Sierra

Old modules sound exactly as they did before.

Good ol' placebo effect :)

EvilDragon wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:06 pm Old modules sound exactly as they did before.

Good ol' placebo effect :)
Actually, i also thought the same, but try playing Mitochondria patch in zebra and zebra hz side by side, there is noticable difference :-D sounds like there is some oversampling going on (or it sounds like it because of that harshness at the top end being cut down)! witch i dont mind at all :D

Hmm I don't hear any noticeable difference in that patch between the two Zebras...

EvilDragon wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:31 pm Hmm I don't hear any noticeable difference in that patch between the two Zebras...
Well i didnt checked in depth, but other presets seemed to be the same, again random presets.

Maybe some setting translation error, dont know, but that patch does sound slightly "high quality":D That Mitochondria patch was maybe (is) accidental one, im checking it now and there is less harshness in high frequencies when modulation happens, listen to the resonance, for me that instantly got my attention. Im using Genelec 8030 for my monitoring.

Anyways great job Uhe team on HZ version GUI overhaul, i think its the best looking Zebra skin.
Last edited by Elektronisch on Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

They sound the same to my ears too.
rsp
sound sculptist

We have an app that detects sonic differences, even if the random seed of noise generators change. It runs on all of our plug-ins every night.

It would be very, very improbable and certainly an edge case if any Z2-preset sounds different in ZHZ.

So easy on these older eyes @ 120%. The Perform section is also very nice.
Elektronisch wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:48 pm Anyways great job Uhe team on HZ version GUI overhaul, i think its the best looking Zebra skin.

Looking forward to checking this out when I return from my holiday 8)

Wonderful, wonderful update. Thank you Urs and team U-he!

Thank you for the the update ! Really great to see good synth get better :D

Bug Report:

On Windows 10 v1803 64bit, the Data location "Browse" button is broken. If I choose a directory, it does not change the value of the field. Manually copying a path to the field works though. At first I didn't recognize this and ZebraHZ threw an error (permissioning) and crashed on opening. Upon installing with the manual copy/paste method it worked.

The initial filled value for the Data field is also wrongly pointing to the Vst32 directory (even if I have not installed the Vst32), and even that I have installed the previous Zebra HZ in the standard C:\VstPlugins\u-he\ZebraHZ.data

Return to “u-he”