u-he refurbished Preset Browser discussion

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

yepp
I was reading the 2.54 manual and yelling at my screen like the GEICO Caveman.
2.8 was where I should have looked

cheerz

Haha, happens to the best. ;)
But thumbs up for actually having checked the manual (even if it was the wrong one).
That QA guy from planet u-he.

As a newcomer to Zebra2, I wonder if it is possible for me to change the text in the preset browser, a bit brighter and possibly a bit bigger would suit me better. Thanks.

pcr wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 11:24 am As a newcomer to Zebra2, I wonder if it is possible for me to change the text in the preset browser, a bit brighter and possibly a bit bigger would suit me better. Thanks.
That can be done via skinning/scripting if you're somewhat technically able and like to tinker. There's not really any documentation on skinning, but if you look at the scripts folder and the images/panes folders, along with some other skins, you start to get an idea as to how everything links together. Font colours (and probably size) are declared in the script files.

Thanks for the reply, I'm looking in Zebra2_DotEight.txt but there are so many definitions that I have not yet found the right one.

Would like to request these little additions:

- Rename favorites / tags. For example I use yellow for "bread & butter", green for "super duper" etc. Was this already possible? The naming "favorite 1-8" are so general...

- Back / Forward arrow buttons just like in a browser, and keyboard shortcuts for it. Also remembering scroll positions.

- Setting up multiple tags per preset, e.g. "synthwave" + "super duper"

- Tag selection also in the preset name editor popup. A path selector maybe, too?
Last edited by Hanz Meyzer on Fri Apr 16, 2021 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

/clear

I'm having following issue with the preset browser:

Concerning to the user manual a seach in the text-field box is fired as soon as RETURN is pressed.
Does not work here, I have to click once into the preset list to "activate" the search .....

Tested: Hive 2.1, Diva

Chris-S wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 2:13 pm ...a seach in the text-field box is fired as soon as RETURN is pressed.
Does not work here, ...
I suspect Savihost catches your RETURN press and doesn't let it through to the plugin, since it works well in other hosts.
Try saving a preset and hit RETURN when you see the "OK" button of the Save dialog highlighted. Doesn't work either, I suspect, right?

Viktor

Viktor [TUC] wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 5:08 pm Try saving a preset and hit RETURN when you see the "OK" button of the Save dialog highlighted. Doesn't work either, I suspect, right?
Indeed , instead a bell tone is played.

BUT: In the two description fields, The Return and Enter keys are working!

In Reaper all is good.

My suggestion, if you want that looked at, perhaps also ask the maker of savihost. We (the plugin) can only process what's passed on us.

Viktor

Return to “u-he”