u-he refurbished Preset Browser discussion

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Haha. Thanks, I feel the warmth :)

Forgive me if this has been asked/covered and I've missed it somewhere in this thread, but...

Can anyone shed some light for me as to why my "Junk Presets" are marked with a Yellow Star, whereas my "Favourite 1" presets are marked with a Bronze No Entry symbol? It makes it appear as though my most favorited presets are actually junk. Clearly they are not in the junk folder (I've included an image displaying this) but it can certainly get confusing and throws me off at times. :?

Seems to me it should be the other way around. Wouldn't one want favorite presets to have the Star icon? Or no icon at all aside from the colored dot specific to each favorite category 1-8?
More over, only #1 has the no entry icon. Favorite category 2 thru 8 have no icon beside the favorited presets. Its downright odd, lol.

Again, forgive me if this has been covered, and thanks in advance for your assistance.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

itsTrips wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:34 am Forgive me if this has been asked/covered and I've missed it somewhere in this thread, but...
Not sure how you managed to do that, but it looks like a mix of old and new version of Diva.
Something must have gone wrong during the installation.
The star and the grey junk icon are from the old Diva, before it got the new browser.
Easiest solution might be to delete the installation and do a fresh install to get it all sorted.
If you do want to keep your already assigned favourites, avoid deleting the preset database when uninstalling.
That QA guy from planet u-he.

tasmaniandevil wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:55 am Not sure how you managed to do that, but it looks like a mix of old and new version of Diva.
Something must have gone wrong during the installation.
The star and the grey junk icon are from the old Diva, before it got the new browser.
Easiest solution might be to delete the installation and do a fresh install to get it all sorted.
If you do want to keep your already assigned favourites, avoid deleting the preset database when uninstalling.
First, thanks for the fast reply! I appreciate it! And yes, you nailed it. I've been using this current theme so long I forgot how old it was, lol. I checked with the default theme using the latest build and all is well. Thanks again!

P.s. I like your presets!

itsTrips wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:01 am P.s. I like your presets!
Thx. :oops:

Is "Favourites.db.txt" now deprecated? Are Favourites are now saved within the PresetsDatabase folder for each plugin which implements the new Presets browser?

mustgroove wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:48 am Is "Favourites.db.txt" now deprecated? Are Favourites are now saved within the PresetsDatabase folder for each plugin which implements the new Presets browser?
Yes. The first time you load the plugin version which contains the new browser, it looks for the old Favourites.db.txt and imports those favourites.
From then on, favourites and junk are being saved inside the new preset database file.

Thanks tasmaniandevil - so if I wanted to keep favourites & junk synced between multiple machines, PresetsDatabases are the way to go?

Also - is there any way to merge Favourites / Junk from multiple machines together?

mustgroove wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:21 am Thanks tasmaniandevil - so if I wanted to keep favourites & junk synced between multiple machines, PresetsDatabases are the way to go?

Also - is there any way to merge Favourites / Junk from multiple machines together?
Clearly not Tas.
But I would remove the presetdatabase file temporarily (assuming you have favourited stuff since with the new browser, if you haven't you can dump it)
Copy and paste from one favourite/junk into the favourite/junk from the other machine or maschines so the one favourite file has all the entries you want (sort of like a text file merge), even if they are many repeats... (if some are mac, some are pc.. one uses \ and the other / for subfolder hierarchy, so change them all to one type depending if you are doing the merging on mac or pc....) start up the plugin, let presetdatabase be created, and then you can copy this presetdatabase to all your computers.

Hope this makes sense.
rsp
sound sculptist

I really like this because the search helps me organize and archive.
I use ZebraHZ more than ever as I’ve given proper burial to my expensive hardware synths.
I only need 12-16 presets per performance but do 3-4 seperate shows.
I just include the phrase dyp mono or poly and call up what’s needed per gig.

I like using 00 00 001-128 for recall from my controllers.
No need for various Bank #’s.

Thanks for useful upgrades, for such a classic synth with over a decade of presets it was crucial.
Makes me want to go rename everything now using tags like prog, fusn, danc or solo.

Can someone refresh my memory on this: will "old favourites" get converted to "Favourite 1" when the browser update hits one of the older synths? More directly: should I bother tagging favourites in Bazille or ACE knowing that a browser update is coming at some point in the next 12 months? Will I lose them if I do?

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2019 8:48 pm Can someone refresh my memory on this: will "old favourites" get converted to "Favourite 1" when the browser update hits one of the older synths?
The very first time the plugin is being loaded (after installing an update containing the new browser), it will create the preset database, and read the old favourites (and junk files), and import those as Favourite 1 (and as junk, respectively).
The importing of the old favourites will only be done this one time (or again, if you completely delete the new preset database file).
So the one important thing is to have the preset directory (in which all the presets and the favourites.db.txt file are located) in place before you start the updated plugin for the first time. Otherwise it won't find the file with the old favourites, and cannot import them.

Love how easy you guys keep things. Thanks Tas!

I’m just noticing I created some problems for myself.
Whenever I go to save a preset it stores in the Users Presets, and the MIDI Programs folder I copied over to Zebra 2.8 doesn’t get the latest tweaks.

If I have 50+ presets I want to use for live work via PrgmChng messages, where should the MIDI Programs folder be located?

I might be tripping but I tried to just use the User Preset Area for gig presets, and the Local area for presets to study, tweak and use later.
But even after deleting the Folder again in the Local Area it keeps popping up, and forces new saved presets to be in the User Area.

I just got rid of 2.8 and went back to using 2.54 as time down for upgrading and pre production work is over.
I’ll have to just use 2.54 until I get this straightened out.

Any helps appreciated as I would love to use 2.8.

Is it possible to store everything in Local (9 Folders) and have my MIDI Program folder ONLY in the Users area?

If not where can I keep the MIDI Programs folders so whenever I tweak a new preset, it’s recallable using 0 0 001-128?

Thanks

Presets only saving in the user area:
Go to the preferences section, and set "save presets to" from "user folder" to "selected folder".
Explained in the manual. :wink:

MIDI Programs folder:
This one has to stay in the local directory, that's why it recreates it when you delete it.

And once you make changes to presets inside the MIDI programs folder, you have to restart your host for the changes to take effect.
Because all presets in the MIDI programs folder are stored into memory at the time you start your host and load the plugin.
Most likely also explained in the manual.

Return to “u-he”