u-he refurbished Preset Browser discussion

Official support for: u-he.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Sorry for the little offtopic-ish surprise rant, but I gotta say, I just dig the "meininki" (Finnish word for the general vibe and modus operandi of something/someone) of u-he. It's the perfect balance between a small, accessible, friendly neighbourhood developer, and a bigger company with a lot of resources, skill and vision. Go too far into either direction, and problems will arise, and there are many good (bad) examples of both. One thing I appreciate a lot is that all your plugins are working, polished and finished products, instead of unstable messy contraptions that never seem to get out of beta. And if a bug is encountered (which inevitably happens with all software products), it's always investigated, acknowledged and fixed. What can I say... at the risk of repeating the cliche of all cliches, keep up the good work! :D

:oops:

Please consider adding a button at the top of the preset browser to sort Z->A or randomize preset order. Thanks.

ryan-Phayder wrote:Please consider adding a button at the top of the preset browser to sort Z->A or randomize preset order. Thanks.
Why would you want to randomize preset order?

So you're not always going through presets A-Z or Z-A.

That's a bit daft. :D

ryan-Phayder wrote:So you're not always going through presets A-Z or Z-A.
hehehe... I am still stuck with Bazille and the random sorting in High Sierra. I never want to see randomized presets ever again!!! :help: :hihi:

:-) I actually can see the benefits of it..... I use it all the time in omnisphere.
Prevents you from choosing the first preset that fits the part you want to play....and then more or less only using presets A-D for instance and never ever using S-Z......
I automatically go random in omnisphere and I get to explore new presets.
rsp
sound sculptist

Is it just me or does the new browser make the VSTs load longer again?
I mean I compared Diva 1.4.1 to 1.4.3.
1.4.1 -> displays almost instantly
1.4.3 -> takes 1-2 seconds

same with the new Presswerk
1.1 -> almost instantly
1.1.2 -> 1-2 seconds

I did disable startup scanning and have no Virus Scanner running on Win 10 64, using Live 10.0.3

In Diva 7422 after the search if patch is selected - there are no entry in pulldown menu 'go to the preset folder'. Yes I see path in rightmost panel but such option exists in windows explorer search or in ableton search and it's very convenient.
Last edited by david.beholder on Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Murderous duck!

Is there a way to get an 'Exact Match' type of search in the preset browser? Here's the use case: today I went looking for Closed Hats in Zebra2. Many of these presets are labeled "CH" with open hats labeled "OH." If I try to hone in on the search term and type CH or "CH" it seems to return any preset that includes that combination of those two characters (e.g. *ch*), but I wanted it to return presets where the whole word "CH" appeared in the preset name (e.g. 808 CH bright). I couldn't figure out how to make this happen. Entering quotes around the CH and searching didn't do it.

Bug report (Diva 7422)
1. when clicking refresh browser expands artist names and jumps down the scroll list.
2. when renaming patch dialogue is not submitted by enter

All win 7 x64.3
Murderous duck!

Yes 2. is annoying. Also, when we click Rename, the text field should have the focus so that we can enter the text straight away. Right now we need to mouse into the field to activate it and only then type text. Not cool :(

Captain wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 5:28 pm Sorry for the little offtopic-ish surprise rant, but I gotta say, I just dig the "meininki" (Finnish word for the general vibe and modus operandi of something/someone) of u-he. It's the perfect balance between a small, accessible, friendly neighbourhood developer, and a bigger company with a lot of resources, skill and vision. Go too far into either direction, and problems will arise, and there are many good (bad) examples of both. One thing I appreciate a lot is that all your plugins are working, polished and finished products, instead of unstable messy contraptions that never seem to get out of beta. And if a bug is encountered (which inevitably happens with all software products), it's always investigated, acknowledged and fixed. What can I say... at the risk of repeating the cliche of all cliches, keep up the good work! :D

:tu: :clap:

Yes Sir...Urs seems to have a good vision and a fine team of elves working away in the toy factory :wink:
No auto tune...

EvilDragon wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:56 amYes 2. is annoying.
Both bugs are annoying. I've habit of re-sorting patches quite often.

I also think rename process could be better than option in right click menu. Clicking on the name in info pan could work like rename.
Murderous duck!

Return to “u-he”