Rent-to-own?

Official support for: u-he.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

EvilDragon wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:58 am If you can afford 10 <currency> a month, just put it in a sock then after x months, buy it in one go. :)
Be careful not to use your “special” sock though.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Mushy Mushy wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:17 am
EvilDragon wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:58 am If you can afford 10 <currency> a month, just put it in a sock then after x months, buy it in one go. :)
The one loaded with snooker balls, or...the ‘other’ one? :scared:

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:19 am
Either I guess. I did mean the happy sock though.

Mushy Mushy wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:23 am
I wonder how happy a sock given over to such duties would actually be :shrug:

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:25 am
Mushy Mushy wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:23 am
I wonder how happy a sock given over to such duties would actually be :shrug:
You raise an incredibly valid point. Some of us are just dealt sh!t cards I guess.

Bit late on the topic, but I'd like to add that Serum works with the Splice model simply because Steve Duda is really benevolent with his copy protection. He kinda has a point, because no matter what he does, it gets cracked anyway, so he just refused to spend manhours on a war he's not winning anyway.

Having said that, though:
I see why Urs is not keen to do that. I love U-he stuff so much that I'll always just buy the plugins I like. When Z3 is out, I'm paying for that in a heartbeat. But I must admit I'm not that big of an analog-lover, so stuff like Diva or Repro 1 isn't too high on my shopping list. I did try them both in beta stages though and I respect the achievement ... and if rent to own was available, I might be swayed to buy for example Diva that way. :)
Evovled into noctucat...
http://www.noctucat.com/

I'd buy all uhe if rto was available.

Distorted Horizon wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:56 am I'd buy all uhe if rto was available.
Interesting... so, you'd basically buy software worth 1.000 - 1.500 €, if you could rent them for 10 € a month... and, you would spend a couple of years to do so, instead of just going for them one by one.

TBH, that doesn't make much sense to me, but, you gotta know. :P I think rent to own is a cool system, just saying that that argument doesn't click for me.

FarleyCZ wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:17 amHe kinda has a point, because no matter what he does, it gets cracked anyway, so he just refused to spend manhours on a war he's not winning anyway.
This is a very bad point. His stuff doesn't live in isolation, when stuff is cracked it affects the whole industry. When Waves/iLok got cracked a few years ago, several companies went tits up, some barely survived. If rent-to-own is some kind of pathetic excuse to not protect intellectual property, then... don't let me finish that sentence.

chk071 wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:14 am
Distorted Horizon wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:56 am I'd buy all uhe if rto was available.
Interesting... so, you'd basically buy software worth 1.000 - 1.500 €, if you could rent them for 10 € a month... and, you would spend a couple of years to do so, instead of just going for them one by one.
maybe some ppl cannot afford one payment of £200 but can afford monthly payments of £10 while having the use of the synth/effect from the off (instead of saving up and having nothing for x months)

FarleyCZ wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:17 am Bit late on the topic, but I'd like to add that Serum works with the Splice model simply because Steve Duda is really benevolent with his copy protection. He kinda has a point, because no matter what he does, it gets cracked anyway, so he just refused to spend manhours on a war he's not winning anyway.
there's plenty of things that aren't cracked, and will never be, and people will buy those first.

I have in the past used cracks for software i did have license for, because some copy protection schemes are simply intrusive. (iLok, f**k you, I will celebrate the day i can throw you in the bin forever)

TBH, that doesn't make much sense to me, but, you gotta know. :P I think rent to own is a cool system, just saying that that argument doesn't click for me.
Ofc it'd be 10€/month per item. If one would take for example 5 items, it'd be 50€/month.

Situation needs this
Urs.jpg
Meowtastic :tu:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

+1
(well, when I'm back to a steady income)
Last edited by Russell Grand on Sat Nov 16, 2019 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AnX wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 2:41 pm
maybe some ppl cannot afford one payment of £200 but can afford monthly payments of £10 while having the use of the synth/effect from the off (instead of saving up and having nothing for x months)
Exactly.

Return to “u-he”