RePro Live Presets + PrEditor Custom Map for Push

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Spent the afternoon putting together instrument racks for Live for all the presets shipped with RePro plus a custom mapping for the blue hand controls for the synth using PrEditor.

You can get the presets and the PrEditor map here: https://1drv.ms/f/s!Anuld2Y8aEhphbU7dMbywQP8EVMoJw

The map is setup as follows:

Bank 1 - Filter - Cutoff, Res, Env Amount, Key Amount, Att, Dec, Sus, Release
Bank 2 - Osc A - Saw Wave, Pulse Wave, PW, Oct, Freq, Hard Sync
Bank 3 - Osc B - Saw Wave, Tri Wave, Pulse Wave, PW, Freq, Oct, Low Freq, Key Pitched
Bank 4 - Amp-Mixer - Amp Att, Amp Dec, Amp Sus, Amp Rel, Mix Osc A, Mix Osc B, Mix Noise, Noise FB
Bank 5 - LFO - Freq, Sync Mode, Saw Wave, Tri Wave, Sq Wave, Clock Time
Bank 6 - Modulation - Filter Env Amount, Filter Env Route, Osc B Amount, Osc B Route, LFO Amount, LFO Route
Bank 7 - Destinations - Osc A Freq, Osc A PW, Osc B Freq, Osc PW, Filter Mod
Bank 8 - Glide - Glide Rate, Glide Mode, Trigger Mode, Repeat Mode, Drone Mode

Nice! I've been trying to figure out how PrEditor works and whether I should buy it. Is the main advantage that you have more control on how the banks are set up? It seems like you've done all the work so there isn't a reason to buy PrEditor...

You gain more control over naming of banks and the number of parameters in each bank.

With Ableton by itself there is no way that I know of to name the banks nor can you control how many parameters in each bank. It's always 8 parameters per bank.

If you load my maps without the PrEditor script running you'll end up with Bank 1, Bank 2, etc as the bank names and Bank 2 will have Osc A's parameters plus Osc B Saw Wave and Tri Wave in it. The following banks will all start to go out of sync with bank order I have listed above.

I’ve had some success using preditor 2 to map plugins.

But I'm finding that when I scan a plugin - Synthmaster 1, Arturia Matrix 12V for instance - I cannot access all of the parameters for mapping.

Both of these plugins have many more than the 128 standard that Push 2 can handle.

But I thought PrEditor 2 worked around that with MultiMaps?

That's where I'm coming unstuck. I've tried working through the manual, and I can't find a route to what I want.

So I imagine I'm missing something fairly straightforward - after all, mapping big plugins is PrEditors selling point, right?

Any pointers on this gratefully received...

Return to “u-he”