Diva 2 Wishlist (purely hypothetical, nothing in development)

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

EvilDragon wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:57 pm Component tolerances in vintage russian manufacturing, mmmmm :)

Maybe have a pow-wow with mr. Cytomic? :D
When the time comes, maybe...

One thing I would be really interested in having is ARP Oddissey / 2600 modules - specifically the oscillators, envelopes and filters ( ideally all 3 of them though the moogish one is not really needed ).
I really think they sound sufficiently different form everything else to warrant being included.
The ARP designs have this sounds that is, for better term, electric and aggressive but fragile at the same time, it's the best sound of any monos in my opinion.
They are also severely underrepresented in software ( compared to moog, roland, SEM ... )

If you added this as well as a diode ladder based filter (303-ish) this would be synth paradise for me.

There's GForce Oddity 2 and Korg's Odyssey, and both are great...

hmm they may sound great but both have terrible UIs and obviously none of the power of mix and matching from Diva.
My point was not that nothing exists, just that they are far less common than the usual suspects.

I just don't think that Odyssey filters would bring any more diversity to Diva as they are. They are very good, but they aren't bringing an entirely new palette of colors from what's in there already, compared to a Steiner-Parker filter, or a Polivoks filter, or the Matrix 12 filter (yeah that one is a Curtis chip, but all those modes ARE bringing a lot of new colors in).

Slightly disagree here - I think the 4072 filter and Arp VCA combination is quite special, and so are the slightly weedy but raw oscillators.

That being said I agree the Steiner Parker and Polivoks are further appart from the existing stuff, though I personally don’t care for the Steiner filter much.
A 303 style diode ladder would also be yummy though :)

Urs wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:48 pm
EvilDragon wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:57 am Polivoks filter would be DA SHIT.
But absolutely no idea how to do that convincingly. I mean, each of them seems to sound hilariously different anyway...
same as moogs then

My wish list for diva 2.

The sequencer from hive. So we could do 303 style slides.

Filters, Polivoks, SH5.

Envelope shape control like on the deepmind.

A modulation matrix, with more lfos like the one in massive x.

A wave table osc from the waldorf wave series that you could mix in with any of the analog osc.

This would make me happy, but its a lot to ask..

What are the chances of Diva 2 (and Repro 5) getting a standard mod matrix? That's something I personally feel very strongly about. It's just way faster to work with than trying to figure out very specific ways in which every synth has a different way of adding mod X that I'd like to add. I get why Repro 5 has the layout it does, it's legacy and I can appreciate that, but it's also very limiting when the synth sounds so good to not have those possibilities. Having to learn and remember unique UI's is a burden that I'd like to avoid when possible. Using standard UX solutions saves brainpower to use for actual creativity.

Repro-5 has a 2-slot ModMatrix. It'll be souped up with our latest improvements (see Hive 2) with the next update. I reckon some time 2020.

I guess any V2 of Diva (which, I reiterate, at this point has not been announced, worked on or otherwise planned...) would have that too, since our latest ModMatrix includes all the modifiers found on Diva's corresponding page.

Also what i would love to have is a volume control for all osc models into all filters, because some times i do not want to drive the ob filter so hot with the dco roland vco and korg vco.

I get a super sweet spot with the moog osc by turning them down below half way, and when i go to another osc, its just over driving the filter no matter what.

Diva is simply my favorite softsynth now after i discovered the ob filter with the jup envs. Thank you so much...

hex

Urs wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 10:49 pm Repro-5 has a 2-slot ModMatrix. It'll be souped up with our latest improvements (see Hive 2) with the next update. I reckon some time 2020.
I only just realized that there are curve editors (among other tweaks) in Hive's new mod matrix. That's cool. Just wondering, will the Repro mod matrix enhancements bring a couple extra mod slots? I don't think anyone necessarily wants repro to be modulation monster like Zebra or Hive, since it's more of a vintage thing, but with MPE especially, a couple more slots would be super useful (Even an A/B page for 4 slots).

Am I seriously the only one who wants a PPG filter emulated in software? At least one that allows sidechain input.

@Hexfix93: A general VCF input gain control has been requested often, I think we'll figure something out.

@Echoes in the Attic: I think, some time in the future, maybe next year, we can break the dogma of pedantic faithfulness and add another ModMatrix slot or two. I guess it's the most requested feature anyway.

@masterhiggins & @all: I have never had a PPG filter in my hands, neither have I had any ARP filter. They're missing in my collection of ancient synths, maybe I wasn't ever too into them. I do believe though a reasonably close Polivoks filter emultion - if doable - would benefit Diva the most, along with a diode ladder and a non-Prophet Curtis based approach, for which I'd personally favour Synthex over Matrix.

afaik PPG used the SSM2044
which also is in the korg polysix/monopoly, or voyetra, or fairlight, or siel etc etc
have a look here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CEM_and_S ... nthesizers

Return to “u-he”