Diva 2 Wishlist (purely hypothetical, nothing in development)

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

midi_transmission wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:41 pm I really would like an updated UI for diva. Really just an update for the existing picture graphic elements. Repro looks a lot nicer.
Is it because you're using a bigger scale then 100% and some elements become blurry, or just the overall look?

both :-)

Didn't we have non-blurry high definition assets for people who wish to work on sizes > 140% ? Or was that just for Satin?

Urs wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:32 am Didn't we have non-blurry high definition assets for people who wish to work on sizes > 140% ? Or was that just for Satin?
You're right! I mixed it up, sorry. The default skin is fine. I currently use a custom skin for Diva (but also not really happy with this custom skin), this one has issues with scaling. I switched to it because I don't feel 'inspired' by the default skin look unfortunately. Repro looks great btw.

I guess it would create copy right issues, but it would be so cool when the modules would look 'inspired' by their original. The AIKO skin idea looks pretty nice, but I don't like the layout change and all the custom changes compared to the original.

sh 101 osc + filter.

sacer wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 9:29 am sh 101 osc + filter.
Aren’t they exactly the same as the Juno ?
Never had an issue replicating sh101 sounds with the existing modules

Filter is the same, IR1309. Surrounding circuitry might be somewhat different between the two. Oscillators are obviously different, 101 being VCO and Juno being DCO.

Ah you're right I forgot it was a VCO. I don't think it has anything special to it though so existing diva oscillators are fine.

After my Facebook episode with the guy who was "reviewing" an upcoming SH-101 clone on Youtube, I don't think I want to deal with SH-101 anymore.

Plus, TAL got it made, anyways. :D

Also, I think more subtle variations of things we already have isn't exactly what I'd like to see in Diva 2. I feel like if new filters, oscillators etc would be added in Diva 2, they would have to be significantly different from the things we already have. Maybe something like a Polivoks filter or the additive oscillator from the OSCar or something, I don't know. Something with a lot of unique character, I would say. I wouldn't even mind if the character got exaggerated instead of modeled exactly.

Polivoks filter would be DA SHIT.

EvilDragon wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:38 am Plus, TAL got it made, anyways. :D
yeah, its close enough for software, plus some extras

EvilDragon wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:57 am Polivoks filter would be DA SHIT.
But absolutely no idea how to do that convincingly. I mean, each of them seems to sound hilariously different anyway...

Component tolerances in vintage russian manufacturing, mmmmm :)

Maybe have a pow-wow with mr. Cytomic? :D

Return to “u-he”