Diva 2 Wishlist (purely hypothetical, nothing in development)

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Zebra and Diva can certainly do generic acid with glides and accents and all. Have yet to hear either do a convincing imitation of a 303. I suspect that that's beyond any synth that isn't a bespoke emulation (part of which would entail modelling the specific glide, accent VEG, MEG etc behaviour of a 303).

...not that I'm hoping for any of that in Diva2, whenever it happens.

(was there mention of a minor update including a scales function for the quantizer, or have I imagined that?)

hakey wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:26 pm ...not that I'm hoping for any of that in Diva2, whenever it happens.

(was there mention of a minor update including a scales function for the quantizer, or have I imagined that?)
That's coming to Hive. But Diva and Hive share the same voice management, so there's a chance to add this to Diva too. One day.

Urs wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:59 pm
hakey wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:26 pm ...not that I'm hoping for any of that in Diva2, whenever it happens.

That's coming to Hive. But Diva and Hive share the same voice management, so there's a chance to add this to Diva too. One day.
Talking about hive 2...will there be added crossmodulation? Urs can you add White/pink noises as mod sources (or add those in LFO section) :)

Elektronisch wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:10 pmTalking about hive 2...will there be added crossmodulation? Urs can you add White/pink noises as mod sources (or add those in LFO section) :)
I'm toying with an FM-slave mode for the Subs. It won't be exhaustive, but it might still be pretty good.

As for noisy modulation... I'm sure there'll be some options.

Urs wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:59 pm
I wrote:(was there mention of a minor update including a scales function for the quantizer, or have I imagined that?)
Great. I think I'd rather have that than another filter.

Urs wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:19 pm
Elektronisch wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:10 pmTalking about hive 2...will there be added crossmodulation? Urs can you add White/pink noises as mod sources (or add those in LFO section) :)
I'm toying with an FM-slave mode for the Subs. It won't be exhaustive, but it might still be pretty good.

As for noisy modulation... I'm sure there'll be some options.
This is dope

Also "I'm toying..." is supposed to read "I am tentatively considering... but not fully committing to it right away..."

Urs wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:01 pm Also "I'm toying..." is supposed to read "I am tentatively considering... but not fully committing to it right away..."
This will be considered further when development on Diva 2 starts... in 2022 or later. :hihi:

I just got Diva (Repro is what convinced me a year ago that software was worth it), and it's funny that people have been talking about Diva 2 for 6 or 7 years or more.

Honestly other than slight UI tweaks (and I'll probably just get AIKO anyway), the only thing I really want from Diva is for the MS-20 to sound more like a real MS-20. IMO it's the most special engine in Diva, and the one that doesn't really scratch the itch (ie howl and do other weird/scary things) nearly as well as the real one. I love having it there and making my own mongrels with it, but improving it's quality would be the biggest bang for buck for me. Fortunately I have a real one anyway... at least the mini.

proteus-ix wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:31 pm ...it's funny that people have been talking about Diva 2 for 6 or 7 years or more.
I only started this thread in December of 2016, so just a little over 2 years. :hihi:

I don't really remember a Diva 2 getting discussed much before that, but Urs mentioned at some point it would happen and I had a few FR's and created the thread. Quite a few of my big wishlist items have already been implemented (tagged Preset Browser and better MPE), which is fantastic.

For me, my biggest FR's would remain: 1) make it a little easier to map to standard hardware (like save/recall multiple controller profiles in the MIDI table, separate octave/coarse/fine tuning, make it possible to assign oscs to a knob and cycle through combinations of buttons), 2) snappier envelope timings (most emphasis on the fast portions), 3) open up the filters a little more, and 4) some of the new mod slots. There's other good FR's in this thread (more modulators, sequencer, etc.), but tha'ts my personal wishlist. Wouldn't need a complete rewrite either, more like take what's already there and enhance it a bit and call it 2.0.

I agree...small enhancements can be made without having to rewrite it. Serum and Sylenth are two examples of synths that have been around a long time with only minor enhancements. If it ain't broke...

Urs wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 5:01 pm Also "I'm toying..." is supposed to read "I am tentatively considering... but not fully committing to it right away..."
Still it is hope :)

other then that white noise as mod source in lfo i do think its not hard to add ? :D would at least give me ability to do those squishy lead sounds like you can do with noise fm to osc (btw this is something i also miss in diva when its in moog "mode" where's on legend and monark its possible to do that, but its possible to do that in other modes - Jupiter and JP8000) :)

@ 1:32

https://open.spotify.com/track/069tT2a3 ... 8PCJ5-B4Pw

Noise modulation in those olden synths is merely gargle noise than white...

Urs wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:19 pm I'm toying with an FM-slave mode for the Subs. It won't be exhaustive, but it might still be pretty good.
This would be most excellent indeed.

Edit: wrong quote :dog:
Always Read the Manual!

I really would like an updated UI for diva. Really just an update for the existing picture graphic elements. Repro looks a lot nicer.

Return to “u-he”