AIKO Skin (for U-he Diva)

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Diva

plugmon wrote:
mcbpete wrote:I'm not sure if it's possible but are you able to add an icon to close the Preset Browser (possibly an 'X' to the left of the window title text, or by the disk icon)?
Actually, there's a hidden trick: Click anywhere in the header and you can close the window.
Nice, didn't realise that - Had been clicking out of the preset window to try and get rid of it !

Great skin. Beautiful, and really improves usability.
Small bug detected : when DIVA tries to display a popup, the skin freezes.
DIVA displays popups in the preset browser, for example when trying to move a preset from a folder to another in which it already exists, or when using forbidden characters in preset name (such as slashes)
With the regular skin, it works.

Really nice skin. Any chance we can see your take on Hive? :) I'm really not the biggest fan of it's EDM modern look + hexagon.

BlobfishMastermind wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:38 am Great skin. Beautiful, and really improves usability.
Small bug detected : when DIVA tries to display a popup, the skin freezes.
DIVA displays popups in the preset browser, for example when trying to move a preset from a folder to another in which it already exists, or when using forbidden characters in preset name (such as slashes)
With the regular skin, it works.
Wow! I never met this situation and didn't notice that. I'm gonna fix, thank you.
ImageMONA, the new skin for DIVA is released! | Follow me on Twitter.

flocked wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 12:39 pm Really nice skin. Any chance we can see your take on Hive? :) I'm really not the biggest fan of it's EDM modern look + hexagon.
Very good news : right now I'm working on it! I'm not in love with cyber-electric-blue either, nor hexagon. Square is perfect shape 8)

Awesome. Looks great.

plugmon wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:55 pm
flocked wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 12:39 pm Really nice skin. Any chance we can see your take on Hive? :) I'm really not the biggest fan of it's EDM modern look + hexagon.
Very good news : right now I'm working on it! I'm not in love with cyber-electric-blue either, nor hexagon. Square is perfect shape 8)

Isn't there a ZebraHZ update that should be seeing some love? :wink:

Just kidding...no rush.

The Hive update looks pretty cool but I can't help but wonder how an AIKO-like white would work on some sections to add some contrast to the different sections (thinking that bottom row in white). Right now it just looks oppressively grey in that screenshot.

Elements do look very cool. Just not a fan of how modules are laid out. Particulary filter and lfo placing doesnt feel organised (reminds me like modular rack with modules in i).

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 3:34 pm The Hive update looks pretty cool but I can't help but wonder how an AIKO-like white would work on some sections to add some contrast to the different sections (thinking that bottom row in white). Right now it just looks oppressively grey in that screenshot.

This is a very rough sketch of dark & white color.

Modmatrix lanes is crossing vertically so mmm... rather I prefer making all-white theme like Massive X.

Anyway, aesthetic things comes last. Even very slight gradation makes you feel different. It must be more beautiful in the final stage :tu:

Elektronisch wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 8:48 pm Elements do look very cool. Just not a fan of how modules are laid out. Particulary filter and lfo placing doesnt feel organised (reminds me like modular rack with modules in i).
You've got a point. I wanted filters to be right side of the OSCs, just like Serum. But then, as you see, sequencer has no where to fit in. so I compromised.

But while after testing the skin, I realized that in 90% cases I don't use sequencer and now wondering myself what's the good of sticking to "everything in a single screen".

If sequencer is moved to another tab, such layout is possible:

Effects on the bottom seems to me to make more sense :ud:

Yeah apeareantly its not easy with those modules to make everything look more organised then it is in original:)

I'm gonna fix, thank you.
Thanks! Keep on the good work! :wink:

I love this. Purchased. Really great stuff you've done with some of the mod sources.

I bought Volta a long time ago, which is terrific work as well, but im so used to the default Diva skin that the different placement of buttons to access tabs and such really slowed me down and eventually i kinda gave up on it. Im hoping the fact that everything is kinda right in front of me with aiko will cut down on some of that

And if not, screw it, i got a soundset

Razzia wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:57 pm I bought Volta a long time ago, which is terrific work as well, but im so used to the default Diva skin that the different placement of buttons to access tabs and such really slowed me down and eventually i kinda gave up on it. Im hoping the fact that everything is kinda right in front of me with aiko will cut down on some of that
AIKO has been my primary Diva skin for a while, and based on your comments, I think you're headed down the same path. Having all the main items, including the trimmers, there on the main page is a major workflow booster. The layout makes a ton of sense too, with the LFO's on the left. And as you point out, the modulation system just makes a lot of sense for Diva.

I get a bit lost now when I go back to the default skin.

That's good news. Thanks for sharing your experience.

Im out of town till Friday. Can't wait to get back home and play around with this. I got zebra and dark zebra last week too and barely had any time to use them. Im itching for some quality time with my studio computer

Return to “u-he”