Protoverb 1.0

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Protoverb

Why do plugins from other developers don't have this problem? They can loop fine without latency.

Urs wrote:
highkoo wrote:
Chris-S wrote:Hmmm, Plugin reporting:

Base Latency Reset

"Base Latency was reset to the default setting of 16 samples due to your host sending irregular buffer sizes."

Host is Reaper 5 and buffer size is 256.
I am getting this error in FL Studio.
Does anyone know what settings are required to use the zero latency Protoverb hack in FL?
The "Fixed Buffer Size" option in Fruity Loops should do.

As for the quoted issue in Reaper: Most hosts send the right size unless there's a loop region. We can not help it when that happens.
Woo, thanks for that quick action Urs!

I figured it was that setting, But! I cant get it to 0ms...
With the 'sub options' unticked it loads altered config file, but it shows 2.36ms in the FL wrapper. It doesnt seem to be related to my host buffer setting.
ImageImageImageImage

Those 2.36ms certainly aren't from our software. IIRC Protoverb does 16 samples latency at most, which would be a lot less than a ms

Hmm. I expected as much...
Thanks anyway! :)
I am trying to get answers at Image-Line's Looptalk. There was no thread for Protoverb! :o
ImageImageImageImage

Hi,

Protoverb is also (along with Diva) getting blacklisted on scan by Mixbus in windows. Both work with mixbus in Linux.

FYI,
The 0 latency hack is not possible in FL. :(

Still getting used heavily though. :)
ImageImageImageImage

wrong thread ...

Rearranging all my Protoverb presets in these days… I have a simple question: how do you delete a preset in Protoverb? I mean, while using its internal presets management, not with the presets managed by the DAW. Is it possible?

Just delete the h2p file from your hard drive...

Thank you… I must understand where it is located. I am on Mac OSX and the automatic search does not find it, so I'll try to find where it is manually.

It's in "HD/library/audio/presets/u-he" usually.

Found, problem solved. Thank you very much!

I use this thing way too much. :)
ImageImageImageImage

Were the 'winning' presets ever made available? I couldn't find any link on this thread or on the Protoverb page.

guitarturtle wrote:Were the 'winning' presets ever made available? I couldn't find any link on this thread or on the Protoverb page.
It was a random draw... so there wasn't really a winning preset. It would have been a difficult choice / process considering there were thousands of entries.

I haven't had the time to do an in-depth analysis - many good entries suggest there's merely a random element to what's good or not, so maybe there isn't a "rule" as to what sounds good and what doesn't within the set of options we laid out. I might get back into that if we add a room simulation to Zebra 3, but there's just too much other stuff right now which has a higher priority.

Return to “u-he”