Protoverb 1.0

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Protoverb

#rob wrote:We received just about 2.200 submissions, the submission phase is now closed.
There has not yet been time to evaluate the codes, but we will start looking into it shortly.
We will contact the winners directly once they are decided.

WTF? what do you mean by "once they are decided"? THAT sounds like you are NOT picking the 10 winners by random. so which is it... random selection like you claimed from the start or "once they are decided"? you have the entry email database so how long does it take to pick 10 random email addresses?
"There is no strength in numbers... have no such misconception... but when you need me be assured I won't be far away."

by random decision..chill out pls

as if you question u-he's integrity :dog:
Last edited by llze on Tue Apr 19, 2016 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

He likely used "decided" to mean "determined". What sort of nefarious reason can you give to explain why they would not do a random pick as stated?

first off mate i doubt everyone's integrity these days. 99.9% don't even know what that word means... companies and individuals alike.

as for the rest... he states they received 2200 entries and they were going through them THEN he states "once they are decided" referring to the winners. if they have to go through the entries THEN decide who won... THAT ain't random now is it?

i am old and i remember when one's word meant something.
"There is no strength in numbers... have no such misconception... but when you need me be assured I won't be far away."

Huh? - We've chosen 10 winners randomly. This is how this competition (not sure if it's the right word) was decided. A quick glance at the email addresses shows that I recognise one name from the forums, but none of the others. So I don't think there was any tampering with the results.

I'm not sure if they've been contacted, the guys in the admin room seem busy getting a new employee up to speed.

MadDogE134 wrote:first off mate i doubt everyone's integrity these days. 99.9% don't even know what that word means... companies and individuals alike.

as for the rest... he states they received 2200 entries and they were going through them THEN he states "once they are decided" referring to the winners. if they have to go through the entries THEN decide who won... THAT ain't random now is it?
Cut and paste from a dictionary:

de·cide dəˈsīd/
verb
come to a resolution in the mind as a result of consideration. ("they decided to appoint someone else")
--cause to come to a resolution. ("this business about the letter decided me")
--make a choice from a number of alternatives. ("she had decided on her plan of action")
--give a judgment concerning a matter or legal case. ("the courts decided in favor of the New York claimants")
--come to a decision about (something). ("we must decide the fates of the people who headed the coup")
--resolve or settle (a question or contest). ("an exciting game was decided in a sudden-death overtime") synonyms: settle, resolve, determine, work out, answer; sort out, figure out

So, as I pointed out, "decide" and "determine" are synonyms. No conspiracy required, although I noticed you didn't give what you thought they would gain by lying about it.
MadDogE134 wrote: i am old and i remember when one's word meant something
I'm probably younger, but I remember when people tried to be respectful of others and didn't throw around wild, speculative accusations about companies without any evidence whatsoever.

MadDogE134 wrote:he states they received 2200 entries and they were going through them THEN he states "once they are decided" referring to the winners.
Yes, "he" states that all the submitted entries needed going through. Correct.
Call it "filtering" if you will.

The free licenses that we promised as an incentive for people to actively participate will go to an already randomly, yes - randomly, accumulated list of 10 random, yes - random, people who submitted settings that, after human evaluation, turned out to actually be useful for further examination and came with a valid eMail address.

This is a research project after all, our intention is to gather insight in order to help us figure out how to proceed with something that will hopefully turn into a product or feature sometime in the future.

What we are not interested in is sending a rewarding free license to trolls who submitted the same setting several times over and over again, all checkboxes ticked and coming with useless profanities in the comments box. Make that maybe even -because of the randomization- several licenses per potential troll, thereby lowering the chances of receiving a reward for all other participants who maybe indeed submitted useful settings and comments.

Whether or not a submission is valid is not something a machine or algorithm could have evaluated on its own and entirely without human engagement, be it for the creative use of the few allowed symbols to "paint pictures" or for the lack of the submitters' typing skills while demonstrating their impressive fecal vocabulary.

We did not promise any "winners announced by" dates, and we are giving pricey stuff away for free. We are a very small team with a huge list of things to do, every one of us is busy handling several tasks at once. If it takes a while to get the free licenses to those who should get them, then it's because we can't deal with it faster. Anyhow, I fail to see how that should cause such a "scandal".
Cheers
Rob
u-he | Support | FAQ | Patch Library

I'm not sure this has been mentioned already; but I get occasional artifacts. Sounds like clicks that get fed through the effect? I believe it may when the dry signal is very loud or at least when they are quite heavy on the low end. When it happens, it is quite reproducible so I believe it's signal dependent.

Other then that; thumbs up for a crazy reverb :)
PhasePhckr (modular MPE VSTi) G+
Fatar88Lux (dyi MIDI brain) bitbucket
Assault Opera - sound cloud | spotify

Can't help but share.

CGURZ46S-XX?17

Very subtle and nice stereo room that sounds amazing on... everything that needs volume and beauty. :)
https://soundcloud.com/vospi
I love music, worked with a number of music/rhythm/dance games like Pump It Up, In The Groove, Cytus and Deemo, and teach music production.

Hi,
will there be a new version of Protoverb with all the best presets from the contest?

Chris

Chris-S wrote:Hi,
will there be a new version of Protoverb with all the best presets from the contest?

Chris
Don't know yet... we're a bit busy dealing with other things atm

Just did a quick search for Protoverb presets and found nothing online, at least none of the *.h2p files Protoverb uses.
I would like to see a 'best of' patch dump in a zipped file.

Chris-S wrote:Hmmm, Plugin reporting:

Base Latency Reset

"Base Latency was reset to the default setting of 16 samples due to your host sending irregular buffer sizes."

Host is Reaper 5 and buffer size is 256.
I am getting this error in FL Studio.
Does anyone know what settings are required to use the zero latency Protoverb hack in FL?
ImageImageImageImage

highkoo wrote:
Chris-S wrote:Hmmm, Plugin reporting:

Base Latency Reset

"Base Latency was reset to the default setting of 16 samples due to your host sending irregular buffer sizes."

Host is Reaper 5 and buffer size is 256.
I am getting this error in FL Studio.
Does anyone know what settings are required to use the zero latency Protoverb hack in FL?
The "Fixed Buffer Size" option in Fruity Loops should do.

As for the quoted issue in Reaper: Most hosts send the right size unless there's a loop region. We can not help it when that happens.

Yep, if you start looping then it will revert the base latency parameter. Nothing you can do, really - apart from not using looping.

Return to “u-he”