Absolute Zebra: SoundSet for Zebra2

Official support for: u-he.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Not sure why but the patch 'EH 5´ Miles Up.h2p' is crashing Zebra 100% of the time as soon as you touch any control in Tracktion 6.1 on Mac. Removing the ´ seems to fix it.

Well there's an interesting bug :?

The title "5½ Miles Up" should appear as something like "5 1/2 miles up".

I would guess either OSX Zebra or Tracktion is getting its character encodings mixed up and crashing as a result. I just tried Tracktion on Windows and that is fine....

Thanks for letting me know; I'm glad you figured out the cause (not sure I would have :roll: )

I'll change the patch title for any future shipping copies so that problem can be avoided for anyone else...

Again, many thanks,

Ed

½ character shouldn't be used in filenames for cross-platform compatibility. Neither should forward or backward slash.

EdHarvey wrote:Well there's an interesting bug :?

The title "5½ Miles Up" should appear as something like "5 1/2 miles up".

I would guess either OSX Zebra or Tracktion is getting its character encodings mixed up and crashing as a result. I just tried Tracktion on Windows and that is fine....

Thanks for letting me know; I'm glad you figured out the cause (not sure I would have :roll: )
My first hypothesis was the unusual character as such things are known to cause problems (I didn't even realise it was meant to be a 1/2). However it doesn't seem to be the whole story - removing that character from the patch stops it crashing, but I also (in the spirit of beta testing) tried adding it to several other patches from other banks and it didn't lead to a crash - so it must be a combination of the character and some other element in that patch (my guess is probably modulation related).
Last edited by aMUSEd on Mon May 11, 2015 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

EvilDragon wrote:½ character shouldn't be used in filenames for cross-platform compatibility. Neither should forward or backward slash.
Yes it just doesn't translate on Mac - that's not just a Tracktion issue, it shows like ' in Finder too.

I renamed it to 5.5 miles up. :)

Gosh wrote:i`m fascinated. this is one of the best soundsets for zebra and turns it into a ppg wave, a roland jd800, a roland jv-synth, a waldorf wave , a dx7 etc. thrown in are some nice emulations of acoustic intruments like guitar, bass and brass and some of the most realistic choirs i have heard from a pure synth. especially tangerine dream fans who love the ppg wave dominated period during the 80s will love this soundset. highly recommended (and now back to playing).
:o :tu: and a big :hug:
Demo tracks do sound good. I was just playing around with Zebra today and I thought, "This synth does not get spoken of with enough reverence on KVR." It really is a powerhouse.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

Very nice patches, Ed!

Bought! :tu:

I'm really enjoying all the little subtleties and attention to detail, that you can bring out in them with your playing!

Thanks again!

Ok found it! :) Lovely
(I was wondering if these are part of the soundset.)

https://soundcloud.com/auralscience/lov ... ebra-demos

hollo wrote:(I was wondering if these are part of the soundset.)
"Absolutely..."
(sorry, I couldn't resist :hihi: )

Almost everything is from the soundset; the exceptions being a quiet sequence part that fades in occasionally which is HS Harpo from the factory presets, and the hi-hat/train-chuff which is just white noise through a simple Attack/Decay amplitude envelope...

From memory, patches used were (in order of appearance):
  • FM Soft Keys
  • Fantasium
  • Soft Deep Bass
  • Bar Taps
  • Asgard Swell
  • Church Choir
  • Gentle Pianoid
  • Elysium Aether
  • Soft Strings

hollo wrote:Ok found it! :) Lovely
(I was wondering if these are part of the soundset.)

https://soundcloud.com/auralscience/lov ... ebra-demos
Beautiful ♥. Amazing how Zebra still sounds fantastic after all this time. I really love this crystalline (FM?) bells at 0.22 ^^.

Shiek927 wrote:Beautiful ♥. Amazing how Zebra still sounds fantastic after all this time. I really love this crystalline (FM?) bells at 0.22 ^^.

Actually those bells are very simple (2 wave) wavetables :wink:

I find FM tends to be too 'busy' for that type of clear sound. It's difficult to get a very sparse set of harmonics, and the infamous FM 'wobble' can create too much movement if the FM amount is changed...

EdHarvey wrote:I find FM tends to be too 'busy' for that type of clear sound. It's difficult to get a very sparse set of harmonics, and the infamous FM 'wobble' can create too much movement if the FM amount is changed...
Agree :-)

EdHarvey wrote:
Shiek927 wrote:Beautiful ♥. Amazing how Zebra still sounds fantastic after all this time. I really love this crystalline (FM?) bells at 0.22 ^^.

Actually those bells are very simple (2 wave) wavetables :wink:

I find FM tends to be too 'busy' for that type of clear sound. It's difficult to get a very sparse set of harmonics, and the infamous FM 'wobble' can create too much movement if the FM amount is changed...
Very very nice! ♥

Hopefully I can make bells that clear and crystal inside of Hive :3.

Brilliant library! Thank you! :phones:

Return to “u-he”