Linux public beta (4408)

Official support for: u-he.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Yes, TOTAL rebuild.

Makes me wonder, now that I took a look (at last) at the Bitwig preset browser, which for one (all major DAWs ?) recognizes u-he presets and allows to browse by tags and instantly try sounds across ALL u-he synths, why would a lot of effort be put into a tag browser built into synths ?

Tschüß.

mevla wrote:Makes me wonder, now that I took a look (at last) at the Bitwig preset browser, which for one (all major DAWs ?) recognizes u-he presets and allows to browse by tags and instantly try sounds across ALL u-he synths, why would a lot of effort be put into a tag browser built into synths ?

Tschüß.
Because Bitwig is exceptional in this regard, "for reasons". No other host developer has any clue what goes on inside our .h2p preset format, so no other host could scan and browse through our presets.
Cheers
Rob
u-he | Support | FAQ | Patch Library

Is it proprietary?

The tunnel connecting their offices, the preset technology,
or the bar tab? :wink:

I was referring to the preset technology, if the specs aren't public there is no easy way for other devs to support it.

It is a text file, you could understand it in an hour or so.

Good morning abique, any time frame for the next beta? Cheers!

abique wrote:It is a text file, you could understand it in an hour or so.
Not the binary block.
Cheers
Rob
u-he | Support | FAQ | Patch Library

#rob wrote:
abique wrote:It is a text file, you could understand it in an hour or so.
Not the binary block.
All the data required to build an index is available in clear text as far as I know.

Abique, any progress on making vst2 responsive?

Personally I think we can probably forget about Steinberg changing anything regarding vst2. IMO they only want vst3 going forwards...

Something strange in Bitwig 2.3 + U-HE plugins of this build is that presets are always associated to the VST2 versions of the plugins. No matter what I tried I couldn't get the BW browser show the presets for the VST3 versions.

Is this a bug in U-HE? Should I report to Bitwig instead?

Another very real annoyance is that preset state is not saved in the VST3 version when opening/closing the GUI. So if I go to Repro-5, select for example Eastrogen, then I close the window, when I'm back the preset selection is lost in the UI. Very bothersome.

ejgallego wrote:Another very real annoyance is that preset state is not saved in the VST3 version when opening/closing the GUI. So if I go to Repro-5, select for example Eastrogen, then I close the window, when I'm back the preset selection is lost in the UI. Very bothersome.
I see perhaps something related since Bitwig 2.x for VST2 plugins. Bazille, FilterscapeVA, Hive, Podolski and TyrellN6 shows this. Select a preset and close the UI w/o doing anything else. Play a note. Bring the UI back again and what is seen is the main synth page not the preset browser. Play a note, the sound is still selected. One has to go back to the preset page to see the selected sound. Not a big problem. Dark Zebra always show the selected preset right away, including the selected folder. Diva shows the preset, but not necessarily the selected folder. Repro-1and 5 6821 (still in VST2 format) are in-between: they will show the preset page and selected folder, but you will need to scroll horizontally to find the preset if it's not in the first columns.

As for the latest Zebra 2.8 and the Zebralette that goes with it: I'm still a bit scared to lose my favorites when Zebra goes into what seemingly is a long-winded re-indexing of the presets. So I terminate Zebra as soon as I see this. :? Will wait until a later release, and more feedbacks from people. I'm using solely Dark Zebra anyways, for all Zebra presets.

Cheers.

Would be great indeed if this problem could be fixed, both in VST2 and VST3 versions, where it is more serious and leaves Repro5 users with less options :O

So, is my impression correct that Repro is currently mainly (*) unusable on Linux? At least it is for me using Ardour, Mixbus, Carla, Qtractor. I'm rather dissapointed.

(*) Mainly for me means that at least oone of the following affects my using Repro: 1) GUI unresponsive, or 2) Crashes whenever I try to save anything.

Return to “u-he”