Zebra Redux

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Yeah, I love new official skins too. They make Redux look outdated :) But I have some ideas on how to fix that :hihi:

As for colors, I needed to change some things in the layout and the old color scheme won't work anymore. I hope it's temporary. I just don't want to complicate things while I'm moving things around and experimenting. When I'm done, I'll try to bring color-coded modules back, in one form or another.

Makes sense. Experiment away. Even this version of the skin works for me, but I can't wait to see what you come up with!

Merry xmas, drzhnn! :)

Sadly my modifications are all not gonna work with this version :(
Last edited by EvilDragon on Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:27 am, edited 2 times in total.

Thanks! Happy holidays to you too guys :hug:

EvilDragon wrote:Sadly my modifications are all not gonna work with this version :(
What are those modifications?

FX rack always visible, for example :( I'm not sure how to even begin merging the changes... would you mind if I send you my version of the skin? :)

I see you declared some new color constants for MSEG colors... I used the old w50, w100, etc. constants for those. That will be hell to change :D

Please do :)

Here you go: https://send.firefox.com/download/a12f7 ... q7gUcXSqHg

I couldn't update your version, it was too old. But I was able to implement your colors and fixed FX rack into the latest version.

Awesome, thanks man! What's your paypal for some xmas beers? :)

EDIT: How to deal with guidelines? They don't match the pane colors like they used to do.

EDIT 2: Found it! There are "bg" colors for knobs, secondary, mod, etc. Still doesn't look as good as it did before, as soon as I try transparency, guidelines overlap with knob bgs and it looks a bit nasty :(

Yeah, older PNG guidelines were getting blurry while scaling, so I replaced them with vector panes. But I couldn't make them align to the knob backgrounds and they were constantly shifting left and right at different window sizes, creating gaps or overlaps. And since knob backgrounds are semitransparent, the overlaps looked ugly. I had to make them all opaque, but now their color doesn't match color coded modules... I have an idea on how to fix this, but I can't do it manually, it's too time consuming. So I need to find a way to do it using my python script. I'll take some time, cause I'm not a programmer :)

Progress report on color-coded panels :)

Pretty awesome! I assume you vectored all the guidelines then, taking care of overlaps?

Hehe :) Guidelines were already vectored in previous version. Now I vectored all panel backgrounds and added procedural gradients in overlay blend mode to all of them. And then a final full window overlay to unify the colors. The gradients for module backgrounds are now defined in user colors section of the script. No PNGs, no blurry edges, everything's fully customizable :)

That's pretty awesome! So, for example, the arpeggiator extended pane is all vectors now?

BTW, the font used for module titles is a BIT too heavy, IMO. It was better in the previous version.

Also, if you could add a version of the skin (just a different txt file) that permanently has the FX rack sticking on the bottom (no scrolling to it), you'd be my hero :)

Return to “u-he”