Bazille - tips & tricks

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bazille

The 5v can also be used to offset a parameter farther than the onscreen controls will allow. For example, send the 5v to the FM input (below the Tune parameter) then use the FreqMod Depth control to offset the Tune parameter.

When I say 'Macro' I'm talking about something that can be used to offset one or more parameters, relative to the position of the control of that parameter. This way you can control a parameter without moving it's dedicated control (which might break a patch).

When you send 5v to one of the inputs on a Multiplexer, the Gain parameter for the channel of the Multiplexer (to which 5v is connected) will attenuate that 5v offset. Now the output of the Multiplexer can be routed to modulation inputs. Say I connect the 5v to input one on the first Multiplexer, then I connect the output of that Multiplexer to the FM input of an oscillator and one of the filter FM inputs, with the Depth controls for each of those inputs turned up. If I then move the Gain12 parameter for that Multiplexer, it will control the Filter frequency and the Oscillator frequency at the same time.

Setting the depth for the FM inputs to different amounts will allow you to scale the amount which the 5v offsets those two parameters. You can then MIDI learn a CC to the Gain12 parameter or you can set the Gain12 parameter to max and patch the 'Press', 'ModW', 'Breath' or 'Xpress' outputs to the Mod input for the Multiplexer. I hope that makes sense. A number of my patches in the Necrotizing Fasciitis patch bank use this technique.
Last edited by justin3am on Mon Aug 06, 2018 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Oh, and you can use 5v to manually scan through a Mod Map.
Again, send the 5v to a Multiplexer and send the output of the Multiplexer to CV1 or CV2. Set the Mod Map to Map Quantize or Map Smooth and set the source to CV1 or CV2 (depending on which input you used). You will only be able to scan through half of the Mod Map this way. With some clever patching you can scan though the whole Mod Map. Of course it's easier to just patch your Pitch Bend wheel (which is bi-polar to begin with) but the whole point of this exercise is to give you an onscreen control for something that doesn't have one. ;-)

Another +5V tip: As it is retriggered at Note On, +5V via lag processor is effectively a 1-shot ramp envelope.

justin3am wrote:When I say 'Macro' I'm talking about something that can be used to offset one or more parameters, relative to the position of the control of that parameter. This way you can control a parameter without moving it's dedicated control (which might break a patch).
Thank you justin3am, I think I've got it now! This is a great tip!
Howard wrote:Another +5V tip: As it is retriggered at Note On, +5V via lag processor is effectively a 1-shot ramp envelope.
Ha, Howard, you read my mind. I tried this for the first time yesterday, and was surprised that the "one-shot envelope" a la +5V > LG appeared to only have an Attack stage, since the LG's Release parameter had no effect. I was gonna clarify this here today, but you beat me to it!

Howard wrote:Definitely bundled with a tutorial soundset! :-D
Any idea when the cookbook is released? ;-)

Howard wrote:Definitely bundled with a tutorial soundset! :-D
I hope this cookbook is in our near future, very excited about it! :party:

The only thing I'm *more* excited about is the (also hopefully soon) beta release of a certain Spring Reverb we all know and love.. :love:

cheers,
-M

any news about the cookbook?

waltercruz wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 5:08 am any news about the cookbook?
https://youtu.be/dk01eeKMD_I?t=13

Wow... time flies! Still waiting for the Bazille update which will add the missing Spectralize function as well as bringing the browser up to date etc.. Patience required on all sides. U-he is working at a lot of different "coalfaces" right now.
Last edited by Howard on Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

(was double post)
Last edited by Howard on Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Howard wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 6:25 pm ...which will add the missing Spectralize function...
:hyper: :-o :shock:
Whut?!

justin3am wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:22 pm
Howard wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 6:25 pm ...which will add the missing Spectralize function...
:hyper: :-o :shock:
Whut?!
Already in the beta AFAIK (see top Announcement in this forum).
At the bottom of the map's "shapes" menu, spectralize interprets the map as the levels of partials in the harmonic series. Adding random phase, these data are transformed into the actual waveform, with the number of values automatically reset to 128.

Oh, I understand now! Thanks for the clarification. :oops:

trigger an LFO on release: LFO amp mod at full depth, source as a mod map. map set to quantise mode via gate, 2 steps: 100 (left) and 0 (right).

of course you can then use this map as a multiplex mod and have all sorts of stuff trigger or turn off on release

Return to “u-he”