VST3 - known issues (Updated Jan 2019)

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hope VST3 is ready soon.
I have some projects where I've used the old working VST3 versions of the u-he plugs, but with the latest versions all vst3 daws crashes immediately when starting playing a sound... (and it's for sure that uhe's vst3 versions are the reason for crash - from error log)
And I know it's my fault, I was warned by the installer that I should not replace the old vst3 with the latest ones...

SO I am hoping that they will be released soon...

:)

Hi all, i've noticed that VST3 Diva doesn't work well with Reaper automation system.
Will be this issue solved with next version?
thanks

lalo wrote:Hi all, i've noticed that VST3 Diva doesn't work well with Reaper automation system.
thanks
Yes. We'll subsequently release Latest Builds and updates for everything after Repro-1 is released.

Many thanks for the info!
PS. Having so much joy and useful creative results programming and producing with Diva and Bazille recently that i've almost forgot the beauty of Zebra :-) :-D thank you Urs and all people at u-he. Really great quality sound-wise in a real producing context. Spending some time programming those beasts can leads to whole ideas for new tunes. One of my best buy ever! ...so just thrilled about putting my teeth on Re-Pro1!

Urs wrote:
lalo wrote:Hi all, i've noticed that VST3 Diva doesn't work well with Reaper automation system.
thanks
Yes. We'll subsequently release Latest Builds and updates for everything after Repro-1 is released.
Be nice to see a complete set of vst3 post repro.

Cubase 9.01 on Mac Sierra:
When attempting to open/edit a Zebra2/ZebraHZ VST3 version instance, the following message appears, then Cubase crashes. VST2 version seems to work so I'll use that going forward, but most of my saved sessions contain many VST3 instances, so although they produce sound they're essentially locked for editing, so would be nice to know if there's a fix. Thanks!

"An exception occurred. Save your work and restart the application. The exception was thrown because of the plug-in: ZebraHZController"

The VST3 versions were working great for a long time on Mac OS Yosemite / Cubase 8.5.20.

I'm also getting his new error under Cubase 8.5.20 under Sierra, so it seems to be related to Mac Sierra.

Zebra 2.8 is being worked on feverishly, we hope to release it within the next few months. It'll hopefully fix any VST3 issues for Zebra. An update to The Dark Zebra shall follow shortly thereafter.

If all goes well we'll have everything updated to full VST3 specs by end of this year, if only by "Latest Builds" whatsoever.

My Cubase 8.5 has been crushing like crazy because of the Uhbik plugins. I've read the log.

I'm using OSX Yosemite on a MacPro 2013.

It's making me go nuts, my biggest project where all the doors for our video game are is not opening.

Why is the latest Uhbik update from 2015? What the hell?

I'll ask our devs to provide you with an intermediate version with fixed VST3 support. I hope that's possible.

So now I have a new intel-based machine. VST3 Diva crashes even empty project in Cubase9 playing 1st note. Hm, never had those crashes with my old amd-based machine. Even though the amd's are slower and so on, I had not to deal with problems, others experienced. My system just worked. Sad it hard crashed during moving to another town. Back to VST2 I guess...

EDIT: it seems to only affect U-He VSTi's: Satin and Presswerk both work as vst3, the synths are crashing.

yppse wrote:Diva crashes even empty project in Cubase9 playing 1st note
Could you please send that to support at u-he dot com and maybe add a few more details about your computer's specs? Like make/model of CPU, motherboard, RAM, hard drive/s, graphics adapter/s, the operating system you use, etc.?
Cheers
Rob
u-he | Support | FAQ | Patch Library

Rob, thanks for asking - will do so, when my kids will give me the time ;)

yppse wrote:So now I have a new intel-based machine. VST3 Diva crashes even empty project in Cubase9 playing 1st note.
Diva still comes with our first try of a VST3 implementation, which is buggy and can lead to crashes. :oops: Thus it's better to use VST2 for now (which is noted in the readme file and in the installer).
Satin and Presswerk already include our reworked VST3 version, that's why they are working fine.
That QA guy from planet u-he.

tasmaniandevil wrote: Satin and Presswerk already include our reworked VST3 version, that's why they are working fine.
Can you tell me which of your plugins are the reworked vst3 version and which are better being used as vst2?
Win 10 with Ryzen 5950x, Bitwig 5, too many plugins, Novation Circuit Mono Station and now a lovely Waldorf Blofeld.

Kypresso wrote:
tasmaniandevil wrote: Satin and Presswerk already include our reworked VST3 version, that's why they are working fine.
Can you tell me which of your plugins are the reworked vst3 version and which are better being used as vst2?
He just answered: Satin and Presswerk. For the rest, use VST2.

Return to “u-he”