Diva Feature Request: ACE-Style Envelopes

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

ACE, like the Virus and many other synths, includes an additional Fall/Rise segment in its envelopes after the Sustain stage. Depending on whether the parameter value is negative or positive, this allows the envelope to either fade to zero or rise back to full height, respectively.

This extra envelope stage is so incredibly useful for sound design it's surprising that it isn't a standard feature on all modern synths. And unlike various other multi-stage envelope schemes, the addition of a fall/rise segment doesn't overly complicate the programming experience for new users.

So I am respectfully requesting that a new "Modern Envelope" or "Multi-Envelope" be added to Diva's feature set. It would be easy enough to add this additional parameter to the envelope without completely redesigning the UI. For instance, I think you could probably remove the KYBD (Keyboard) parameter from the current envelopes and replace this with the Fall/Rise parameter (and then move the Fall/Rise segment after the Sustain stage). That would be an acceptable trade-off for many people.

Incidentally, I am NOT requesting a more advanced multi-segment envelope that has an arbitrary number of stages/steps (with different curves per step) that can be synced to MIDI clock etc. While that would certainly be cool, it would probably be a much more involved addition and might be better included in a "Diva 2.0" update down the road. :-)
Matrix-1000, MicroWave with Access programmer, MicroWave II, MKS-50 with MidiClub programmer, MKS-70, MKS-80 with Kiwi Patch Editor, Nord 2 Rack, Nord 3 Rack, Prophet REV2 module, Pulse 2, Shruthi, Virus TI

2013 - still not added :( The modulation in Diva sound stunning - I mean, there may be a reason why they did not add it, but that also being said, if it would sound still so great and F/R (or even MSEG) would be added, that would be coool. :phones:

Never the less, you can (specially if you use Bitwig) easily modulated ADSR - particularly Sustain mod can cheat F/R . I would say it is even more precise and in BW u can set up remote controls, so it is always already set up... (I guess smth similar is in bunch of other DAWs).

PS: Hive is the only Synth I am not familiar, but all other U-he ones have F/R.
Last edited by Obsolete413194 on Tue Jun 04, 2019 4:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.

No release on moog-style envs, no filter drive etc -- it doesn't make Diva less in general. May be a bit less handy, but limitations are strength not weakness.
Murderous duck!

Return to “u-he”