License Transfers

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Just to clarify the policy is still 9 months correct? I think I read on the u-he website it was 1 year.
SW: Cubase 9.5 | Komplete 11 | Omnisphere 2 | Perfect Storm 2.5 | Soundtoys 5
HW: Steinberg UR28M | Focal Alpha 50 | Fender Jazz Bass | Alesis VI25

---
Last edited by Chapelle on Fri Oct 06, 2023 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Can I already transfer Hive if I pay the transfer fee? Or I have to wait for release? I didn't end using it as much as expected ( I even did a Lemur tempalte for it).
dedication to flying

You don't need to wait for the release.

Send an eMail to support at u-he dot com, and we'll send you the link to purchase the transfer token. Once you purchased the token, let us know the full name and the eMail address of the new owner, and we'll process the transfer ASAP.
Cheers
Rob
u-he | Support | FAQ | Patch Library

#rob wrote:You don't need to wait for the release.

Send an eMail to support at u-he dot com, and we'll send you the link to purchase the transfer token. Once you purchased the token, let us know the full name and the eMail address of the new owner, and we'll process the transfer ASAP.
Thanks a lot Rob, I had already got the response by email.
dedication to flying

Quick question regarding multiple license transfers.

Does one need to pay the license transfer fee of $15 for each plugin separately or do you guys offer any sort of bundle transfer in case if several plugins are being transferred to another one?

Example:
I am about to purchase Zebra from a person that I bought Diva from in about 10 days ago. Does he need to pay another 15 USD ?

Thank you!

If a seller has owned his license for 9 months or longer, the transfer will be totally free of charge.
Transfer tokens are only necessary to purchase if the seller hasn't owned his license for 9 months yet.

There are no "bundles" for tokens.
Each individual license has to be transferred by hand, so each individual premature license requires its own transfer token.

Examples:
You buy someone's younger-than-9-months Zebra2 today, he'll have to purchase a token.
You buy his younger-than-9-months Hive and his younger-than-9-months Satin in 10 days, he'll have to purchase two more tokens.
You buy his 2-years-old Diva in June, no token is necessary.

If a seller not only owns a product, but maybe also a couple of soundsets (from our store) for that product, then those soundsets do NOT require transfer tokens, as they will automatically be transferred together with the product license. Soundsets can not be transferred on their own without the appropriate product.

Example:
Say you purchase Zebra2, Dark Zebra and the Transmission soundset -- and in 7 months time you decide to sell.
You would only have to purchase one transfer token for the premature Zebra2 license.
The Dark Zebra and Transmission would automatically be transferred together with your Zebra2.
But you would not be able to sell the Transmission soundset without Zebra2.
Cheers
Rob

Why does it take so long to transfer licenses? I sent request 3 days ago and no answer... :(

HcDoom wrote:Why does it take so long to transfer licenses? I sent request 3 days ago and no answer... :(
probably because it was weekend and in addition the superbooth16 exhibition.

But I'm not in that position, I'm way out of 9 months and someone paid me in good faith.

Worst case scenario I refund the money, but still, the buyer is expecting u-he to fulfill the obligation.

Isn't that your responsibility - checking ahead of time that you can sell your license?
Either way, contact them by their support by mail, much better chance of getting them to accommodate you/your situation when it doesn't automatically mean they have to do it for everyone.

What seems to be the issue? It's not clear to me by just that 1 post.
Have you contacted support at u-he dot com about this yet?
Cheers
Rob

Last edited by Vortifex on Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vortifex wrote:I have a license transfer going through at the moment and just wondered how long the process usually takes. I'd like to be able to give the recipient a rough estimate if possible.
Always depends on when you write to us. We're located in Germany, which I think is 7-8 hours ahead of the US, so if you're located in the US and you send an eMail to us in your afternoon or after work, chances are that we're already at home.

License transfers are usually handled within 24 hours in any case. In some situations, like on weekends or on bank holidays, when we're not in the office, it can take longer before we find the request and process it.

For example, yesterday was a bank holiday here in Germany, so nobody was at the office and nobody dealt with license transfers. If you sent your transfer request within the last ~30 hours, it will probably not have been processed yet, or it was already processed today in the last couple of hours. If you send us a request right now, it'll be processed in a matter of minutes, it's the middle of the day here.

In some cases (if the license in question was owned less than 9 months) it's necessary to purchase a transfer token for $15. The additional communication and token purchase will add some more time to the transfer process.
Last edited by #rob on Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
Cheers
Rob

double post
Cheers
Rob

Return to “u-he”