License Transfers

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Just send mail to support@u-he.com - if possible, include the ShareIt Reference number, your girlfirend's name and email address, and your name.

That'll help us :)

Urs wrote:Just send mail to support@u-he.com - if possible, include the ShareIt Reference number, your girlfirend's name and email address, and your name.

Done and thanks.

I can't address anyone else's reasons, and in fact I'll be honest and say I'm not very interested either. But now that I have practically all of u-he's freeware products -- really enjoy them -- and have now begun studying the commercial products in order to determine which ones I want to purchase, I want to be assured that when it comes time to buy a newer and more powerful laptop for all of my recording work that I'm not going to have any extra hassles switching over any of my purchased software to the new machine.

u-he products won't be the only ones I'll have to deal with. I expect it will take an entire day to switch over licensed items alone, and I simply can't accept any funny business when I comes to this tedious task. After all, I will have enough nonsense to deal with already. Although I think it is extremely unlikely I'll be buying a new laptop within your '9 months' of licensing any u-he product, I need to point out that I have enough crap to remember about all manner of things regarding digital audio to stress over anything further.

I should also mention that I just love everything I've experienced regarding u-he products. When I do purchase what I want, there will be no way in hell I'm going to change my mind, turn around and resale dump any. Rather, I expect Diva will instantly become one of my top three keyboard instruments. I may add ACE as well, if it goes multiprocessor and the price stays low, and I could see a real use for the Uhbik effects as well.

As much as I like u-he products, I don't think I need to point out that the market is incredibly packed these days with many other fine synths and effects. I was just given a free copy of Dune last week and haven't even got to it yet. No matter how good anything is, products such as IK Multimedia are on my banned list because of licensing nonsense, as is Cubase nowadays because of its dongle. So was Native Instruments until I received some free, bundled with some hardware I purchased last month. I'm afraid hassle-free use must always take precedence over my loyalty with any product, especially when there are freeware products such as Synth1 available.

I look forward to a long and rewarding user experience with u-he's commercial products and admire the brilliance of design and innovation I see here.

Urs, the way you do business is simply remarkable! You're more than super fair, and take your time to reply to users and are one hell of a dev.

Here is another business idea for you: Run business training sessions for VST developers and explain why things like NFR are extreme silly ;)

(Saying that I'm getting Zebra2 very soon *again*)
Cowbells!

Dear Telenator,

Moving a license from one computer to another is as simple as a re-install and re-enter your serial number. Alternatively you can omitt those steps: On Mac you can also just migrate your user and that includes the license. On PC you just make sure you copy our Zebra2.data folders etc and you're good (you might still need to create shortcuts or run te installers)

The topic of this thread is license transfers from one *user* to another, e.g. when someone is in dire need of cash and thus sells off his licenses to someone else.

Urs

User license transfers -- yes, I saw that this was the focus here, but I didn't want to start a new thread. Thanks for your assurance even so. I wanted to be certain.

I ought to add that one reason I've moved a new laptop purchase up a year or two is to accommodate your marvelous Diva. I'm much less interested in being able to run 124 heavily loaded tracks than I am in having the processing power to take full advantage of this synth. Although keyboards were never my main instrument, I've been using synthesizers since the early '70s, and Diva sounds better than at least half of them. I remember. This is very impressive. As I demo this Diva, only a small handful of presets are giving me trouble on the 'divine' setting, but of course I want them ALL!

I can already see that my biggest problem with u-he is going to be limiting myself from grabbing each and every instrument and effect. It's going to be a real challenge.

Thanks again for your response.

I can't see selling anything from u-he.

Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

I cannot understand that anyone wants to sell a U-HE VST! And the license policy of U-HE is the best in business. I don't have to think about maximum installations in my home studio, i'm the only one who will ever use my instruments. I don't have to be afraid of forgetting de-register any software before I can reinstall everything on a new computer...

And the price policy is also the best in business, I don't have to be afraid of reading a weekk after my purchse, that everybody get's the sam for the half price! I never have the need to be fast in my decision to get a plugin before the sale ends.

I'm still amazed that software licenses can be resold at all, and I look at it as a remarkable and praiseworthy favor. The 9-month policy doesn't alter how consumer-friendly the offer is in a world where software is frequently treated as a service or a subscription that, once bought, can't be sold or returned at all. I certainly appreciate the element of "security" in case one's income situation takes an unexpected dive. It definitely contributed to my decision to purchase Bazille. So, thanks -- toll von Euch!

oh dear u-he, please take a tiny glimpse into your mailbox regarding a license transfer :oops:
happy holidays!
https://sepix.net/

DJ and Music Maker. Unconventional Electronic Music. Braindance. Breakcore.

Sepix wrote:oh dear u-he, please take a tiny glimpse into your mailbox regarding a license transfer :oops:
happy holidays!
Done. Now off to airport.

Urs wrote:Done. Now off to airport.
thank you so much!
https://sepix.net/

DJ and Music Maker. Unconventional Electronic Music. Braindance. Breakcore.

Just waiting to transfer Diva and ACE...hope U-he received my requests...I received the replies that support is unavailable till 5th of January, but in case it could happen earlier :ud: :)

Hi Urs

I bought Diva about two years ago and now i need to sell it as my pc really cant run it ( i was gonna use Diva just for bass) now i would like to buy Hive as it does the bass sounds i like and so much more... how do I go about tranfersring a licence if i wanna sell it and is
$ 130 a fair asking price for a resell so that i can buy Hive.. (will Hive ever get hard snc into its oscillators)
The notes you don't play creates the silent gaps for you to hear the notes you do play :phones:

Urs wrote:Just send mail to support@u-he.com - if possible, include...your girlfirend's name and email address...
I was curious to see what Urs' license transfer policy is, and clicked on the link...at first glance I thought his generic response to requests for license transfers was to get the requester's girlfriend's contact info.

Then I noticed I was looking at page 2.

Return to “u-he”