Randomizer for Zebra, ZebraCM, MFM2...

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Dave Bourke wrote:The Sound of Silence?

Kind regards.
Why "The Sound of Silence" -- no sound? You might need to turn it up, especially since it's not your typical trance. :shock:

I thought it sounded really cool. I love randomizers.

Mike,

I came straight from the Music Cafe where where I'd been auditioning various stuff to this forum and saw your post. I let the file get about 30 seconds in and I couldn't hear anything. Went straight back to the Music Cafe to check - sound there was fine. Thus my post.

I can't listen right now but I'll check it out again in the morning.

Re your trance reference: my taste in music is pretty eclectic - I like (and make) just about everything except céilidh music. :)

Kind regards.
Dave Bourke
- ideation -

Being a coder - well, hopefully EX-coder if I can have my way ;) - I'm actually quite interested in taking a look at the scripting possibilities for creating random Zebra patches. I understand their is a bit of interest in this ... so if anyone has any suggestions for what they would like to see happen, I don't mind digging in to the scripting language and having a go - can't be much harder than some of the other dev tools I've had to learn in the past :)

Peace,
Andy.

Dave Bourke wrote:I can't listen right now but I'll check it out again in the morning.
The file plays fine now, for some reason.

The piece itself is wonderful, literally. Thanks for sharing.

Kind regards.
Dave Bourke
- ideation -

Dave Bourke wrote:The file plays fine now, for some reason.

The piece itself is wonderful, literally. Thanks for sharing.

Kind regards.
Dave, thanks for your kind words!

ZenPunkHippy wrote:Being a coder - well, hopefully EX-coder if I can have my way ;) - I'm actually quite interested in taking a look at the scripting possibilities for creating random Zebra patches. I understand their is a bit of interest in this ... so if anyone has any suggestions for what they would like to see happen, I don't mind digging in to the scripting language and having a go - can't be much harder than some of the other dev tools I've had to learn in the past :)

Peace,
Andy.
Maybe a script that only randomizes certain areas rather than all parameters? Such as keeping the current effects settings and just changing the oscillator section?

chardin wrote:Maybe a script that only randomizes certain areas rather than all parameters? Such as keeping the current effects settings and just changing the oscillator section?
Heh heh, how that might be done is all I could think of when I woke up this morning ... or maybe it was a dream ... hard to tell ... I'll see what I can do ...

@Urs - is that kind of functionality possible?

Peace,
Andy.

ZenPunkHippy wrote:is that kind of functionality possible?
Yes. That's what it's meant for.

http://www.u-he.com/scripting/

(there's a script that just affects the arpeggiator. In the same way scripts could only affect OSC1 or just create "Random Moog bass" presets)

;) Urs

Urs wrote:
srcodling wrote:
Urs wrote: Well, you can still load RandomXY every now and then :hihi:
What is RandomXY? I searched the forum and the manual, so I feel safe that this isn't a stupid question... Is there something I can load to randomize the xy controllers?
Yes, it's in "Zebra Scripts" in the old factory presets prior to V2.2 (download from bottom of page):

http://www.zebrasynth.com/index.php?item=downloads

Cheers,

;) Urs
This may be silly, but I don't see where to download the old patches.
Could you possibly make it a little more idiot-proof?
Thanks,
Ben

benj3737 wrote:This may be silly, but I don't see where to download the old patches.
Could you possibly make it a little more idiot-proof?
Thanks,
Ben
I have done that by restructuring the site recently. The old factory patches are now at the bottom of the patchsets page:

http://www.zebrasynth.com/index.php?item=patchsets

Cheers,

;) Urs

Urs wrote:
http://www.u-he.com/scripting/

(there's a script that just affects the arpeggiator. In the same way scripts could only affect OSC1 or just create "Random Moog bass" presets)

;) Urs
Hi Urs,

I have paste this code in a new script called UH Random ARP.h2p and put it in a Zebra scripts folder.
is this good method :?:

Best regards,
Klust

JEAN LUC LEFRANC wrote: is this good method :?:
Yes! 8)

Urs wrote:
JEAN LUC LEFRANC wrote: is this good method :?:
Yes! 8)
Many thanks for your answer Urs :)

I have had a lot of fun playing with the Zebra 2 random feature and would love to see more control over it since it does produce some interesting and useful sounds but you have to go through a lot that aren't before hitting a good one. Sometimes it blows my ears out if the delay is set too long and goes into feedback:-)

In any case I wanted to create a 60's sounding early electronic piece (yeah, I'm that old) and made a short example (MP3 at 256K, about 3 minutes):

http://www.fileden.com/files/2008/6/1/1 ... ronic2.mp3

Return to “u-he”