Randomizer for Zebra, ZebraCM, MFM2...

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Mighty Pea wrote:Is there any functionality planned that'll make loading scripts easier? Right now I need to save the scripts in every directory so I can easily load it, and also easily save the new preset in the same directory as its humble beginnings. A scripts column in the preset-tab would be great, I think.
For ease of finding it in a quickly brimming folder, put 2 versions in, one starting with AAA and one with ZZZ, so it's easy to spot them from top or bottom in a filebrowser
window. Seems like there exist system utilities for adding hotkeys or menuitems to start scripts...here is Windoze applet :wink: saying:

The program allows a user to create a file of frequently used phrases, paragraphs, e-mail addresses, macros, clipboard entries, scripts, etc. and use them in any application just by typing a short abbreviation (text shortcut) or pressing a hotkey.

http://3d2f.com/programs/0-328-perfect- ... load.shtml

Cheers 8)

Hi all,

So I've been playing with these for a while now, and I really like them... I've created 1%, 2%, 5%, 10%, 50% and full versions of the randomizer in each directory, and I've created some variants of the arpeggiator randomizer in each directory (i.e. one that only messes with notes, or one that only messes with mod, etc. etc)...

Great stuff and thanks very much!!!

Here's my question... In the patch randomizer, is it possible to make it so that it doesn't affect certain parameters? Specifically I'd really like it if the randomizer affected everything EXCEPT for pitch and pitch tracking of oscillators... Presently it seems like most of the time the randomizer turns melodic patches into detuned atonal sfx, which has its place, but I don't want ALL the time...

Thanks in advance... Zebra, URS and this community really is a lethal combination that should be owned by everyone... the better mouse trap has been built, it just needs to get out there!!!

2 posibilties for that in my mind at the moment
writw another script for adjusting the pitch f.ex. , you can use it on any other patch..or put the 2 lines of that at the end of your script ;)

does it work with the demo version of zebra2 ?
i can't :-(

carrieres wrote:does it work with the demo version of zebra2 ?
i can't :-(
Yes it works.

You can't load it?

it did not show up in the preset list

carrieres wrote:it did not show up in the preset list
Well, it should show up in any version since 2.1

Is the file ending ".h2p"? - Some browsers tend to add .txt instead...

;) Urs

tested without a problem with ZebraCM
i will look tomorrow the problem with the zebra2 demo

i installed yesterday this script with the zebra2 2.1 version without a problem
on an other computer, i installed the demo version zebra2 2.2 and copied the script inside this directory "C:\Program Files\u-he\Presets\Zebra2" and it does not show up !
there is maybe a problem with the 2.2 version

Do you by any chance have a directory called "Zebra2.data" next to Zebra.dll in your Vstplugins? - This is an install option which puts "everything into Vstplugins" i.e. for Receptor or Linux users - it replaces the normal Program Files location for everything. Just rename it to Zebra2.backup.data and see what happens. If everything is fine (all presets present etc.), just delete that folder.

yes, you were right, folder deleted
thank you

Urs wrote:Do you by any chance have a directory called "Zebra2.data" next to Zebra.dll in your Vstplugins? - This is an install option which puts "everything into Vstplugins" i.e. for Receptor or Linux users - it replaces the normal Program Files location for everything. Just rename it to Zebra2.backup.data and see what happens. If everything is fine (all presets present etc.), just delete that folder.
That helps. Thank you.

Also using the random script with ZebraCM and getting some great results - but, as this stuff's a bit beyond me, is there a way to stop the patch gen from altering the level of the noise osc as I find myself having to continually pull it's level back down....?

TIA for any assistance.

Spiggy wrote:Also using the random script with ZebraCM and getting some great results - but, as this stuff's a bit beyond me, is there a way to stop the patch gen from altering the level of the noise osc as I find myself having to continually pull it's level back down....?

TIA for any assistance.
Add following lines to the very end of the script (in a new line behind the ">"):

#cm=Noise1
Vol=0.00

This will tell the parameter manager to set parameter "Vol" of module "Noise1" to 0.00

Cheers,

;) Urs

Urs wrote: Add following lines to the very end of the script (in a new line behind the ">"):

#cm=Noise1
Vol=0.00

This will tell the parameter manager to set parameter "Vol" of module "Noise1" to 0.00 Cheers, ;) Urs
Cheers for the speedy response Urs - as I said this stuff is somewhat beyond me atm - and so far my attempts to paste this into the .h2p in Notepad have merely resulted in breaking it :) Is there any chance you could upload an amended version so I could see what is going on and, hopefully, learn from it? Also I take it that other parameters could be controlled in the same fashion?

Thanks again 8)

Return to “u-he”