Randomizer for Zebra, ZebraCM, MFM2...

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm having a hang over so I thought I'd give it a try:

Updated link: http://www.u-he.com/PatchLib/all.html

Put in preset folder. Load again and again and again and again. It will only affect parameters that have knobs, and only to a certain percentage. And... it only changes in integer ranges so that i.e. tuning parameters don't go too weirdo...

For more control, open in text editor and change "percentage".

For weird results, remove /* and */ at bottom (this is full randomisation including modulation sources etc.)

Enjoy,

;) Urs

Should work in

MFM2
Zebra2
Zebralette (Zebra2 edition)
ZRev
ZebraCM
maybe Triple Cheese... must try...
Filterscape UBs & Leopard hotfix (not yet on Win, but FS has got randomization anyway)
ltmLabs of 2007 and later
Podolski UB
Last edited by Urs on Tue May 25, 2010 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Woot!

Thanks mr Urs, will try tonight!

:D

Been trying this little gem out in ZebraCM and have been getting very useful results.

Cheers!

OMG - It actually modifies an existing preset!

Urs, you bastard, you're gonna get me fired from my job!!!

:tantrum:

:D :hug:

thanks!!! looks nice! will try it now!!!

Thanks for that !
I will abuuse it on MFM2

Sweet!

(Not for patch-making purposes, for reverse-engineering purposes... :D )

Fine. Thanks.
You can't always get what you waaaant...

Very Nice, much appreciated.

Tested on TripleCheese AU: worked!

I'm not sure how to try this with ZRev. There's no mechanism to load presets other than using the host. I don't know any hosts that understand .h2p presets...

bmrzycki wrote:Tested on TripleCheese AU: worked!
Cool!
I'm not sure how to try this with ZRev. There's no mechanism to load presets other than using the host. I don't know any hosts that understand .h2p presets...
Hmmm... what about the menu on the main display? It would have to be top level though...

Sorry...I don't follow. This file has a .txt suffix. Do I leave it as such?

And, does it go (on my Mac) in Library>Audio>Presets?

casiosk1 wrote:Sorry...I don't follow. This file has a .txt suffix. Do I leave it as such?

And, does it go (on my Mac) in Library>Audio>Presets?
oh... sorry, Macs sometimes think too much... it *is* a text file, but it needs the .h2p extension to work.

put in Library/Audio/Presets/u-he/Zebra2/

if named *.txt change to .h2p

;) Urs

Urs wrote:
bmrzycki wrote:I'm not sure how to try this with ZRev. There's no mechanism to load presets other than using the host. I don't know any hosts that understand .h2p presets...
Hmmm... what about the menu on the main display? It would have to be top level though...
I'm not sure what you mean by main display. Here's a snapshot from the VST ZRev loaded in the mac version of EnergyXT.

imageshack link

I'm showing a terminal listing of the presets. The default.fxp I made in a host that could save preset settings. As you can see from the menu pulldown I only can choose initalize.

The audio unit version doesn't see any presets in the folder:
imageshack link

Am I just totally missing something?

What happens when you click into that grey area in the center that shows your name?

(you gotta put it in the local spot though... MacHD/Library/Audio...)

Return to “u-he”